NFL ads: liquor ok now, no Red Bull, condoms still

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-bellies-up-to-hard-liquor-will-end-ban-on-spirits-commercials/

While you'll see ads for vodka, whiskey and other spirits this fall during NFL games, there will be no Red Bull and vodka being served during NFL telecasts.
The NFL still prohibits Red Bull and other energy drinks. Also on the banned list? Condoms and other forms of birth control, though ads for erectile dysfunction drugs are OK, as any NFL fan knows.. Marijuana ads are also a no-go, despite legalization in many states, and gambling ads are still prohibited as well, despite NFL owners voting 31-1 to approve the Raiders move to Las Vegas in March.
Don't forget fantasy football gambling commercials IS allowed since Dallass own has large stake in it. Maybe Red Bull and condom makers should try to get Jerry Jones to be an investor?

I do not agree that ED meds are ok but contraception is not ok. Good for one good for all. Get rid of ED ads so I can watch a game with my 7 year old son.

Exactly. Buffalo fans like myself should not reproduce and put our kids through Fandom hell. Let it stay limp!

this could be a very good thread.

:beer:

but honestly, are there really condom commercials? the only commercials i always cringe at are the ED ones where they take a woman with a soft accent to make it subtly embarrassing and the tampon commercials.

redbull commercials and most commercials are annoying.

i just want commercials for pickle surprise again.

US and New Zealand are the only countries that allow direct to consumer pharma ads.

I think such ads are terrible, no matter the drug. But the ED commercials are definitely over the tacky line for family/sports programming.

Of course condoms ads are OK...they want their players to start using them more so they stop having to pay 7 different women child support, so they allow them to air hoping these women are watching and will take the hint to tell their players to use them...except they don't realize that's an 18 year golden egg they can have right there...

Edited by matter2003

Have you seen some of the video's out there of goings on in parking lots?

Of course they need to allow condoms!!

this could be a very good thread.

:beer:

but honestly, are there really condom commercials? the only commercials i always cringe at are the ED ones where they take a woman with a soft accent to make it subtly embarrassing and the tampon commercials.

redbull commercials and most commercials are annoying.

i just want commercials for pickle surprise again.

there are still plenty of condom commercials on TV.

Of course condoms ads are OK...they want their players to start using them more so they stop having to pay 7 different women child support, so they allow them to air hoping these women are watching and will take the hint to tell their players to use them...except they don't realize that's an 18 year golden egg they can have right there...

The women will just poke holes in them, the players like Travis Henry are that stupid.

I do not agree that ED meds are ok but contraception is not ok. Good for one good for all. Get rid of ED ads so I can watch a game with my 7 year old son.

Amen to that. I did not need to explain what "erectile dysfunction" means to my 5 year old daughter.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I didn't know being a connoisseur of non-superbowl commercials was a thing. Is it really a thing?

with the PVR I haven't voluntarily watched a commercial in about 20 years ??? now....

people sit there and watch them and yuk it up after seeing it 34 times that same day

they must watch Goldie do her thing on PBS between-documentary pledge drives as well and think that's a big hoot.

Edited by row_33

What ever happened to the Summers Eve douche commercials where the mother and daughter are having a heartfelt intimate conversation about feminine freshness? Bring those back!

What ever happened to the Summers Eve douche commercials where the mother and daughter are having a heartfelt intimate conversation about feminine freshness? Bring those back!

Did you ever jokingly refer to "not feeling fresh" in front of a woman after you saw that?

Exactly. Buffalo fans like myself should not reproduce and put our kids through Fandom hell. Let it stay limp!

Pull out

Both were excellent responses and have made my day. Thank you both.