Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

It would only hurt someone with a pre-existing, underlying issue. The approach itself is not going to cause a new issue is my point.

I speak from personal experience. My kidney function is normal but going keto makes them ache. I may well have an underlying issue, but eating this way isn't good for me. Just saying be aware of kidney pain when eating no-carb. Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scaring? I don't need any of that. I will however take the guy that can run an offense and make presnap decisions. Taylor is a lot more fun to watch but he is missing to many of the fundamentals to even consider him over Flacco.

i cant say who'd i'd take. coin toss for me. both have been average for most of their starting careers.... i just cant agree that flacco is a clear cut better option than taylor.

i mean who didnt laugh at the contract that the ravens gave flacco after that superbowl? it was absurd i mean i feel like ozzie newsome was like "well crap he just messed around and won the damn thing. now we gotta give him a huge deal.". did anyone think that was a good move for them? i sure didnt. he was nothing but average before that run and has been nothing more than that ever since.

The last time I got in a "Would you take Flacco or...?" debate was with some Ravens fans before the 2012 season. They were split 50/50 , half of them wanted to keep Flacco, half of them argued they'd take Fitz instead.

Ravens and Flacco went on to win the Super Bowl that year. We cut Fitz and drafted Manuel...

@BR_DougFarrar

New All-22 on @BR_NFL: Don't Let His Release Fool You, Jeremy Maclin Still Has Pro Bowl Potential

https://t.co/wXtzSOX4pk

I just hope we are not low balling him

If he goes somewhere else after we make him a fair offer.....i can live with that....but dont want to see him in another uni because we were not competative with the offers.

Keto diets work the same way as any other diets: they reduce the amount of energy you're taking in on a daily basis. They simply do it by a different mechanism.

Also, ketogenic diets do not harm the kidneys over long-term use.

Pick whatever system you like: ketogenic, paleo, IIFYM, whole foods, etc. Just pick something you can live with and stick with it.

Keto diets "trick" you into thinking you are losing tons of fat when the reality is much of the weight you are losing is simply water. The word carbohydrate comes from the fact that for each gram of carb you take in and store, the body also stores 3-4 grams of water along with it as glycogen. On a keto diet, you deplete these glycogen stores pretty quickly and lose a bunch of weight...congratulations. You also become much weaker and flatter looking. Not exactly what you want if you are an avid gym rat.

People who know do carb cycling. People who don't do keto.

carb cycling gives you all of the real benefits of keto without any of the drawbacks. You don't lose 20-30 lbs of strength, you don't lose size, and you still burn fat. In fact, many times you will get better results with carb cycling diets than you will with keto from a fat burning standpoint.

Keto diets "trick" you into thinking you are losing tons of fat when the reality is much of the weight you are losing is simply water. The word carbohydrate comes from the fact that for each gram of carb you take in and store, the body also stores 3-4 grams of water along with it as glycogen. On a keto diet, you deplete these glycogen stores pretty quickly and lose a bunch of weight...congratulations. You also become much weaker and flatter looking. Not exactly what you want if you are an avid gym rat.

People who know do carb cycling. People who don't do keto.

carb cycling gives you all of the real benefits of keto without any of the drawbacks. You don't lose 20-30 lbs of strength, you don't lose size, and you still burn fat. In fact, many times you will get better results with carb cycling diets than you will with keto from a fat burning standpoint.

"people who know"... know that the mechanisms the body uses in a state of ketosis are much more complex and affective than just losing a couple pounds of quick water weight. their are plenty of fitness athletes that utilize keto. personally its not for me. anytime i'm coming back down to sub 10% BF levels in the warmer months i simply create a slight calorie deficit by manipulating my carb intake and partition most of that intake around workout windows.

but plenty of impressive individuals maintain performance and an elite fitness level in ketosis. there's no "one ring to rule them all" here.

FITNESS.... the one field that everybody "KNOWS"

It's a gift being on West Coast time sometimes. I've been awake 3 hours less than most of you and have therefore endured 3 hours less of the agony of awaiting "The Decision ". I hope he does this at a Girls and Boys Club and announces that he will be "taking his talents to the shores of Lake Erie".

I'm 6'3" and just got down under 200 lbs. For the first time in years. Apparently you can lose weight eating Big Macs if you only eat 3x a day.

If I keep it up and get back on my training regimine I might be able to bench my weight soon.

if you're not over 6' and capable of benching your weight you aren't a real man.