Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still heated with BillsFanatics right now and I don't care who sticks up for them.

Why? Because he didn't sign today? They are wining and dining him first and they have to work out the finer points of the contract. We will hear tomorrow

After McCoy said don't be surprised if J Macklin joins the Bills , I thought it was (at least verbally ) a done deal , am I the only one ?

Especially after hearing about how hard he was trying to recruit him , and all the connections to our coaching staff and so on ,

Why? Because he didn't sign today? They are wining and dining him first and they have to work out the finer points of the contract. We will hear tomorrow

Maybe ( I hope ) your right

After McCoy said don't be surprised if J Macklin joins the Bills , I thought it was (at least verbally ) a done deal , am I the only one ?

Especially after hearing about how hard he was trying to recruit him , and all the connections to our coaching staff and so on ,

Maybe ( I hope ) your right

It's possible the details of a 7-8 figure contract on short notice might take a few hours to work out and he might actually like to see the city, meet staff/teammates and not just sign on the good word of 2-3 guys blindly. That he's here speaks volumes to it being serious

I would be SHOCKED if he doesnt meet with Baltimore. Unless they tell him, "You leave and the offer is off the table". McBeane could pull that off since Maclin was sort of a surprise that fell into our lap anyways.

I'm pretty sure he already knows what Baltimores offer ( more or less looks like ) , but I guess there's nothing wrong with free dinner?

It's possible the details of a 7-8 figure contract on short notice might take a few hours to work out and he might actually like to see the city, meet staff/teammates and not just sign on the good word of 2-3 guys blindly. That he's here speaks volumes to it being serious

Your right especially with him just getting married

Unless you are coming from Chicago....just so you are not late for practice. WOW...this says a bunch about this dude and the expectations that were set by the coaching staff.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2714106-bills-cb-shareece-wright-took-600-uber-from-chicago-to-ny-for-voluntary-workout

He flew in on the Pegula's jet. If he leaves without signing, he's taking Uber. Oh wait...cannot catch an Uber until the end of the month.

Decker might be the better possession receiver, and therefore he might be more valuable in the Bills offense. Maclin's more explosive.

But what does Tyrod do better than anything? Throw downfield; but Maclin can run all the routes. I like the ideas of having

Sammy and Maclin on the field at the same time. Two WR's who can go anywhere on the field. Zay Jones can handle the

possession routes.

Sure, he has good speed, but look at his career yards per catch (13.5) in the NFL that indicates his actual football speed: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MaclJe00.htm

Guys like DeSean Jackson, a real home run hitter, are what I consider to be "speed guys" at the NFL level. You're trying too hard to prove me wrong, but continue on.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Sure, he has good speed, but look at his career yards per catch (13.5) in the NFL that indicates his actual football speed: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MaclJe00.htm

Guys like DeSean Jackson, a real home run hitter, are what I consider to be "speed guys" at the NFL level. You're trying too hard to prove me wrong, but continue on.

No it doesnt its, indicative of what type of offense hes playing. In 14 he averaged 15,5 per catch. Hes plenty fast. I just showed you he was measured as the 5th fastest player in all of 2015 hes a speedster. http://www.stack.com/a/these-players-clocked-the-10-fastest-speeds-during-the-2015-nfl-regular-season

Maybe not an elite speedster but hes a speedster. Everyone of the articles I posted referred to him as a deepth threat/speedster. Keep on being wrong.

Edited by Bill_with_it

Not sure if legit...account has 25.6 followers. Tweeted around midnight.

@ustadium

Jeremy Maclin will make his visit to the #Ravens tomorrow but had a great meeting with the #Bills today. Two sides could strike a deal.

Here's a second source, from same time

@schultz_report

#Bills remain the leader to sign Maclin, per source. As @AdamSchefter reported, he will visit the #Ravens tomorrow.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't like the idea of him leaving the building.

At the end of the day, the Bills can probably offer more money, but the Ravens offer the opportunity to possibly be the #1 and (based on past results only) may represent a better shot of making the playoffs.

He could always have his heart set on playing with his buddy McCoy, but just wants to meet with the Ravens to see what they have to offer him as far as opportunity and letting his former OC have a shot to impress.

I think over the years we have grown accustomed to losing out on guys who don't sign immediately. Look at Hodges though. The tide is turning. Maclin would be a good signing for us, but if we don't grab him then move on to Decker.

Just in general a guy not signing immediately allows for other teams to be in play. It doesn't mean that the Bills aren't the favorite but Baltimore gets a chance to win him over. Additionally, time will give other teams a chance to get involved if they choose. If I'm Maclin I'm using whatever leverage I can to get the numbers up. It makes sense. I just wish that they could have closed the deal so that we don't have to worry about this.