Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

as i've mentioned before, i think the qb position needs an upgrade. that being said, i choose not to obsess about it with every post. give it a try. it's fun!

Obsess with it? I haven't posted on these boards in about a month. I like to bring up QB because it's the biggest thing that gets me mad over the last 17 seasons. Maybe someday this team will realize it's the most important position on the team.

I brought it up because when talking about WR the QB is his main money maker.

I hope this doesn't happen but I can understand why Sammy wouldn't want to play here.

Dinosaur football, no QB, fans that blame him for getting injured.

Woods will be happier catching over blocking, like Hogan and soon to be Sammy. I love Sammy and I wish he would stay but his talent is wasted here, if he wants to be great he needs to find a team with a better QB. Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The design was to throw to the WRs, sadly Tyrod is more of a runner. They tried to simplify it for Tyrod but sadly that didn't even help. The WR roll in Buffalo is to get open but to expect to block for our running QB, it's not designed runs by our QB it's just something they have to expect all the time since Tyrod would rather run with it and that puts our WRs in harm's way throwing there bodies around to block DBs wanting to hurt them anyway they can.

Sammy's stats to date say he's much more than a blocking WR. I'm ready to see how well he can do with Dennison as the OC.

It would be a bold move.

Could be a homerun if he still battles the injury bug. Also though, could turn out to be a Lynch 2.0 trade.

It would be crazy having 3 first rounders next year though...

I agree, however, I lean towards Lynch 2.0 trade. We still haven't seen Watkins full potential. Need to see him 100% healthy and a quarterback that can throw to him accurately (hmmmm....Peterman?) I still there's too much upside with keeping him. If he's great, then he's helping the team AND becomes a more valuable trade piece down the road if need be.

The design was to throw to the WRs, sadly Tyrod is more of a runner. They tried to simplify it for Tyrod but sadly that didn't even help. The WR roll in Buffalo is to get open but to expect to block for our running QB, it's not designed runs by our QB it's just something they have to expect all the time since Tyrod would rather run with it and that puts our WRs in harm's way throwing there bodies around to block DBs wanting to hurt them anyway they can.

I'm sorry, but looking at the actual facts (drop backs, scrambles, runs, passes, etc.), you're completely incorrect.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

Unless you're counting the 18% of the time that he breaks the pocket as him being "more of a runner"...me personally, I'll count the 82% of the time that he doesn't break the pocket as being more representative of what happens when he drops back to throw.

Edited by thebandit27

These arguments sound dumber and dumber every time I hear them. In one sentence he's labeled a bust and in another it's suggested we can get something for him. Like teams are lining up to trade us for our busts. Makes no sense.

Maybe some GM's see the fabled Julio Jones you guys keep harping on...

I see a player who won't be worth tagging.

Edited by T-Bomb

Very rare a player wants to be in Buffalo when the team blows.

If the team is winning I guarantee Watkins will have no problem playing here.

I'm glad your not GM.

REALLY?

You think an athlete with elite talent has no aspirations to get in the HOF? Getting PAID on a team that is winning is not the same as excelling on a team.

Some players actually aspire to shinny rings and gold jackets.

I'm sorry, but looking at the actual facts (drop backs, scrambles, runs, passes, etc.), you're completely incorrect.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

Unless you're counting the 18% of the time that he breaks the pocket as him being "more of a runner"...me personally, I'll count the 82% of the time that he doesn't break the pocket as being more representative of what happens when he drops back to throw.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/giphy.gif

Maybe some GM's see the fabled Julio Jones you guys keep harping on...

I see a player who won't be worth tagging.

It's funny...bring up that his participation and performance numbers are almost identical to Julio and it's met with skepticism.

Meanwhile, those of us that simply look at the facts are supposed to just acquiesce to the idea that Sammy is useless and never on the field?

Pick one position: are we looking at the facts or should we simply be emotional about this?

What exactly could McDermott want to do that Watkins wouldn't help?

Build a group of players who are team first and are available at all times. I'm not talking from a strategic X's and O's standpoint I'm talking about from a philosophical standpoint

It's funny...bring up that his participation and performance numbers are almost identical to Julio and it's met with skepticism.

Meanwhile, those of us that simply look at the facts are supposed to just acquiesce to the idea that Sammy is useless and never on the field?

Pick one position: are we looking at the facts or should we simply be emotional about this?

And apparently does not want to be here.

Build a group of players who are team first and are available at all times. I'm not talking from a strategic X's and O's standpoint I'm talking about from a philosophical standpoint

I'd like to see how this is possible unless the NFL is going to become a Madden league.

This is truly the most insane thread I've seen yet in my relatively short time on this board and would have been in my top 5 back on the BBMB. Two guys whose primary thing is blogging about rugby throw out some rumor, unsubstantiated by anyone who actually writes about the NFL, and it turns into an over 30 page thread. Thirty pages of how Sammy is a bum or how he dogs it or how he doesn't want to play in Blo. Or how the new HC and GM are forcing him out and only want their guys and such.

What we do know is McD was complementary of Sammy when they made the decision to not extend him. And we do know Sammy actually was on record saying the players need to be held more accountable rather than less. And we do know when healthy Sammy and TT form a very effective combination.

What is so difficult to understand? The man broke his foot, and the kind of break makes it difficult to predict recovery. So the team wants to evaluate how he does before making a long term commitment. But that somehow morphs into all this crap about him dogging it, McD and Beane puffing out their chests, etc,etc, etc. What drivel.

This is truly the most insane thread I've seen yet in my relatively short time on this board and would have been in my top 5 back on the BBMB. Two guys whose primary thing is blogging about rugby throw out some rumor, unsubstantiated by anyone who actually writes about the NFL, and it turns into an over 30 page thread. Thirty pages of how Sammy is a bum or how he dogs it or how he doesn't want to play in Blo. Or how the new HC and GM are forcing him out and only want their guys and such.

What we do know is McD was complementary of Sammy when they made the decision to not extend him. And we do know Sammy actually was on record saying the players need to be held more accountable rather than less. And we do know when healthy Sammy and TT form a very effective combination.

What is so difficult to understand? The man broke his foot, and the kind of break makes it difficult to predict recovery. So the team wants to evaluate how he does before making a long term commitment. But that somehow morphs into all this crap about him dogging it, McD and Beane puffing out their chests, etc,etc, etc. What drivel.

Bring on Training Camp!

I agree but if trading Sammy lands us a good 1st round pick we can use to get a better QB prospect from the 2018 draft I'm all for it. Keeping Sammy around just to block for Tyrod runs is a complete waste of his talent. He doesn't have the frame to be a blocking WR he is a throw me the ball guy and our current QB isn't the guy to do it. I'm ok with trading him but only if it's to get after a better QB. I do NOT support trading him if it's just to fill other needs and keep Tyrod. It's a QB league and until we have a better one it just doesn't matter who is at WR on this team.

please read this rush. you have a wild tendency to completely make up reasons to be upset.

I'm not digging through 33 pages of madness but I will say one thing: "Entertaining" trade offers is no big deal. As my uncle taught me about business, EVERYTHING is for sale, it's simply the price that needs to be negotiated.

If someone wanted to hire away my top employee who I had under contract, I'd at least listen to what they were offering and see what I could get before telling them to pound sand.

Looks like it based on the lack of Bills-related content on his social media feeds

:lol:

I've followed this thread and seriously can't believe some of the comments made or suggestions made about Watkins based on pure speculation and "feeling".