Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, especially in a contract year. Guys are motivated and judged by success. The egos are so big that they want to be considered the best. Sometimes we confuse poor play with lack of effort. Gilmore is not a great tackler and so it looks like he doesn't care in run support. Mario was asked to set the edge in that stupid defense. It's a different role. I understand why people might feel like that but from my experience these guys bust their butts to be great. It doesn't always work that way but it isn't for a lack of effort or apathy. Maybe another way to put it is that they care A LOT more than most people think that they do.

Kirby Im going to have to respectfully disagree. I understand that playershave off games sometimes, but Gilmore gave up a number of times last year. https://mobile.twitter.com/Cover1Bills/status/793204942886559748?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-36455033692718921041.ampproject.net%2F1495054386926%2Fframe.html

That isnt a competitive spirit driven by ego to succeed. Thats a player not giving his 100% for the team and I dont want players like that on my favorite team.

We didn't trade away two first round picks and a fourth for Sammy. We traded away one first round pick in the deal. We used one to draft him.

I don't understand how this is still an issue.

The Bills used two first round picks and a 4th round pick for Watkins. You can phrase it however you'd like but when you look at it the traded picks were not available to the Bills.

The Bills need to go ahead and get whatever they can for Watkins as soon as possible.

According to some board references to Julio Jones, Terrell Owens, and by extension - Matt Ryan, and Donovan McNabb - We shouldn't break our SuperBowl bound duo of Sammy and Tyrod up just yet...

No one knows the plan with Sammy. The answer is, it depends. He isn't going anywhere this offseason and his future in Buffalo is entirely dependent on this season. If he stays healthy he will be back. If he only plays a few games he will be gone.

That is an odd statement.

If he stays healthy he will be back.

If he stays healthy and has a mediocre season he will be back.

If he stays healthy and is a disruptive influence on the team he will be back.

If he stays healthy and again berates "normal folk working their menial jobs" he will be back.

According to some board references to Julio Jones, Terrell Owens, and by extension - Matt Ryan, and Donovan McNabb - We shouldn't break our SuperBowl bound duo of Sammy and Tyrod up just yet...

False equivalency. But hey....sell low makes perfect sense.

Kirby Im going to have to respectfully disagree. I understand that playershave off games sometimes, but Gilmore gave up a number of times last year. https://mobile.twitter.com/Cover1Bills/status/793204942886559748?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-36455033692718921041.ampproject.net%2F1495054386926%2Fframe.html

That isnt a competitive spirit driven by ego to succeed. Thats a player not giving his 100% for the team and I dont want players like that on my favorite team.

I guess we are going to disagree on this. I can only speak on what I've seen and heard. We chalk up way too much to "____ doesn't care." That isn't a fair or accurate assessment. We question guys effort but never applaud them for playing hurt (far more common). We question guys character when they are doing way more good than bad. I guess that the media plays a huge role in creating perception but perception and reality in this case aren't the same.

The ONLY athelete that I know of that legitimately milked injuries was Byrd. That all came from his dad too. His dad used to be on the phone with him and team doctors demanding certain tests. He had been cleared numerous times where he still didn't feel up to playing. The overwhelming majority are battling at far less than 100%.

If he stays healthy and again berates "normal folk working their menial jobs" he will be back.

Yep, that's the truth. If he stays healthy he will produce at an elite level, as he has when he's been on the field. The Bills have the leverage and won't let him leave. If he is hurt they insured against it by not exercising the option.

His track record is one of production when he's on the field. As to your other two points about being disruptive or the long forgotten little jobs commentary.....they are both non-factors.

More like.

Customer is in line with 20 dollars to pay for his shirt and doesnt feel like waiting. Pays 20 dollars to move to the head of the line. Gets 14 dollars back.

Customer: I paid 26 dollars for the shirt....

TBD: OMFG you paid 237 dollars for that shirt when you coulda had a better shirt, that one with the stripes (forgetting that the last one was sold before the customer was able to pull off his deal) for only 5 dollars and used the savings to buy some schwifty pants too. Your a idiot and you should lose your job and go to jail!!!!

what kind of shirt?

I don't understand how this is still an issue.

The Bills used two first round picks and a 4th round pick for Watkins. You can phrase it however you'd like but when you look at it the traded picks were not available to the Bills.

It's not an issue with most people except those who can't do basic math and "reporters" who insist on using false descriptions to advance a tired narrative, like the one cited in the OP.

Yes, we invested two first rounders and a 4th in Sammy. And yes, the "traded" picks weren't available to the Bills. The pick they DID use to draft him certainly was though, and that's what gets lost in this tired argument.

That's he's a draft bust (due to unavailability not a lock of talent) and the franchise should get something for him if at all possible before they let him walk.

These arguments sound dumber and dumber every time I hear them. In one sentence he's labeled a bust and in another it's suggested we can get something for him. Like teams are lining up to trade us for our busts. Makes no sense.

His track record is one of production when he's on the field. As to your other two points about being disruptive or the long forgotten little jobs commentary.....they are both non-factors.

I will have to disagree here. I don't believe that our current regime will look the other way if he has his little hissy fits on the field because Tyrod can't get him the ball. Maybe Sammy understands this and won't let his frustrations become visible, maybe not.

That's he's a draft bust (due to unavailability not a lock of talent) and the franchise should get something for him if at all possible before they let him walk.

37 of 48 games with 153 catches for 2459 yards (16.1 yards/catch) with 17 TDs says draft bust? His best football is ahead of him at not even 24 years old. With the franchise tag available, the Bills are in control for at least the next few seasons. Sorry, but your points don't add up.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

37 of 48 games with 153 catches for 2459 yards (16.1 yards/catch) with 17 TDs says draft bust? His best football is ahead of him at not even 24 years old. With the franchise tag available, the Bills are in control for at least the next few seasons. Sorry, but your points don't add up.

Bandit said earlier that's the 4th highest total in history before a guy's 24th birthday.

Very rare a player wants to be in Buffalo when the team blows.

If the team is winning I guarantee Watkins will have no problem playing here.

I'm glad your not GM.

I don't necessarily disagree with that....my point is I think we have a better chance of becoming a winning team with players who are 100% on board with being a Bill....

Very rare a player wants to be in Buffalo when the team blows.

If the team is winning I guarantee Watkins will have no problem playing here.

I'm glad your not GM.👍🏻

Right back atcha... We'd have Byrd, Mario, Hogan, and Gilmore eating up half of our budget. Edited by likei've

I don't necessarily disagree with that....my point is I think we have a better chance of becoming a winning team with players who are 100% on board with being a Bill....

I do too. Having a player potentially holding the cap hostage, or giving it all only when they want to isn't conducive to facing adversity in a game and coming back from it.

I want players that are 100% dedicated to the success of this team.

Edited by Bill_with_it