Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

He was awful on one foot in this game. Definitely not an impact, playmaking guy in any sense. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icjA5DfVwE4

Ooh... 7 catches, my hair is on fire from that burn!!!

Save it, if your argument is this tired what's the point?

I could post videos of games he didn't play in, or didn't make much of an impact in. Would that prove my point?

No, you're grasping at straws.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say anything about letting him walk because he wants to leave.

i want something for him because Mr. Glass can't be counted on in the most crucial moments.

That's what you need from a guy that will command as much as Watkins will from us.

Bending to his will because of his supposed elite status is asinine.

Man, if you are calling the guy that played 77% of the games "Mr. Glass" what the hell did you call Julio Jones when he played less than 71% through his 1st 3 years??

Ooh... 7 catches, my hair is on fire from that burn!!!

Save it, if your argument is this tired what's the point?

I could post videos of games he didn't play in, or didn't make much of an impact in. Would that prove my point?

No, you're grasping at straws.

No. I'm pointing to actual on the field production (7 catches for 154 yards) in a game that could have resulted in the Bills making the playoffs. He was able to achieve those numbers even when he was less than 100% healthy. Give him targets and he produces.

We don't know if SW doesn't want to be here...but let's pretend we do...Is it smart to pay a WR top 5 $ if he does not want to play for us ?....Is it far fetched to think we wouldn't get his absolute best ? Especially if there's some guaranteed $....

We need players willing to go through brick walls on this team....players that buy in what the organisation is selling.....

With all do respect this line of thinking is asinine. Players want to be paid and are going to give it their best regardless of where they are. I know hundreds of pro athletes and can count on less than 1 hand the guys that didn't care. That's not a fair or accurate assumption at all. If Sammy, or any player, is out there they want to succeed.

More like.

Customer is in line with 20 dollars to pay for his shirt and doesnt feel like waiting. Pays 20 dollars to move to the head of the line. Gets 14 dollars back.

Customer: I paid 26 dollars for the shirt....

TBD: OMFG you paid 237 dollars for that shirt when you coulda had a better shirt, that one with the stripes (forgetting that the last one was sold before the customer was able to pull off his deal) for only 5 dollars and used the savings to buy some schwifty pants too. Your a idiot and you should lose your job and go to jail!!!!

More like wrong customer recieved no money back except for a shirt Bills received no other players on the sunken cost.

Can you name one other time the Bills have done this?

Maybe people don't understand what they mean when they say "Billsy"?

The opposite is true, if the Bills kept the player until they walked away in free agency for nothing, THAT would be Billsy.

I have learned thst quite a few people here font under stsnd basic english words along to include prefixes and suffixes.

Marshawn Lynch.

You don't have to let him walk. Not sure why this needs repeating. Its called the franchise tag.

Thank you.

They also traded away Jason Peters, All Pro left tackle at the time and in the future, for a late first rounder (not even Philly's higher first rounder) and a couple of other picks because of a contract dispute ... when they didn't have anybody to play LT, not even a body. IIRC, Jauron tried to force Langston Walker to switch to LT, and he refused, so he was axed. Eric Wood was the late first rounder, and Andy Levitre was the 2nd rounder but they refused to pay Levitre, and he left for Tennessee I think. A decent center and a journeyman guard are hardly worth an All Pro (and likely HOF) LT.

If you want to go back to ancient Bills history, consider that the Bills traded away a young QB, Darryl LaMonica, in 1967, for an older journeyman QB (Tom Flores) and a WR . LaMonica, "The Mad Bomber", went on to become one of the most exciting QBs of his era and took Oakland to multiple playoff wins and a Super Bowl. Flores lasted less than 2 seasons as a starting QB in Buffalo.

Getting fleeced in trades is a Bills tradition. The better the player the Bills are peddling, the worse deal they're gonna make. Chuck Knox and Bill Polian were the only ones who were successful traders for the Bills.

No. I'm pointing to actual on the field production (7 catches for 154 yards) in a game that could have resulted in the Bills making the playoffs. He was able to achieve those numbers even when he was less than 100% healthy. Give him targets and he produces.

You could also have pointed out his circus catch that set up the game-winning FG in Detroit, his last-second TD catch to win the game against Minnesota, and him being, quite literally, the entirety of the passing offense in the 2015 victory against Miami if you really wanted to point out how dependable he can be (and has been).

With all do respect this line of thinking is asinine. Players want to be paid and are going to give it their best regardless of where they are. I know hundreds of pro athletes and can count on less than 1 hand the guys that didn't care. That's not a fair or accurate assumption at all. If Sammy, or any player, is out there they want to succeed.

I disagree.....if a guy doesn't want to be on a certain team, you are not getting 100%...it's human nature.....You also missed an important point in my scenario...IF there's guaranteed $.....

It's not hard to imagine a player dogging it or being " injured "....in those cases....

You could also have pointed out his circus catch that set up the game-winning FG in Detroit, his last-second TD catch to win the game against Minnesota, and him being, quite literally, the entirety of the passing offense in the 2015 victory against Miami if you really wanted to point out how dependable he can be (and has been).

Indeed. There are plenty of good examples to point to.

I disagree.....if a guy doesn't want to be on a certain team, you are not getting 100%...it's human nature.....You also missed an important point in my scenario...IF there's guaranteed $.....

It's not hard to imagine a player dogging it or being " injured "....in those cases....

That's just not how it happens. These guys are so incredibly competitive that they want to flourish. No one is giving less than everything because success is what motivates them. Sports are completely different than a 9-5 job in which you get paid either way. Success is what they are measured by and there are clear and defined metrics to quantify them. The 1st and most important is winning.

We don't know if SW doesn't want to be here...but let's pretend we do...Is it smart to pay a WR top 5 $ if he does not want to play for us ?....Is it far fetched to think we wouldn't get his absolute best ? Especially if there's some guaranteed $....

We need players willing to go through brick walls on this team....players that buy in what the organisation is selling.....

then expect the playoff drought to continue... good players want to get paid

That's just not how it happens. These guys are so incredibly competitive that they want to flourish. No one is giving less than everything because success is what motivates them. Sports are completely different than a 9-5 job in which you get paid either way. Success is what they are measured by and there are clear and defined metrics to quantify them. The 1st and most important is winning.

Kirby do you really think that Gilmore and Z Brown were giving it there all last year?

How about Mario his last year?

How about Mccoy his first year here? (Mccoy even hinted that he rededicated himself to Buffalo after his first year)

I personally don't think it's possible to question the amount of talent that Sammy Watkins has as a WR.

I question his dedication, selflessness and maturity, but I think he is an elite receiver and would easily be willing to overlook those things .....

HOWEVER .... I think the real questions worth asking are these:

• As long as TT is the starting QB on this team, will Watkins' presence = enough wins to see double-digit wins/playoffs?
  • If our QB solution is in next year's draft, by the time that QB is ready to start, will Sammy Watkins still be as good as he is today?
  • If Zay Jones is as good as advertised, wouldn't it be easy to replace Sammy Watkins with someone equally as talented, but more durable, in next year's draft - especially if we yield a 3rd first round pick via trading him?

Given where this team is today and how poised they are to "win now," which I believe is "not poised at all," I think trading Sammy Watkins would be a great move for the future; a future that already looks bright, but will look a lot brighter with a slew of picks in the first two rounds of next year's draft.

then expect the playoff drought to continue... good players want to get paid

What stops us from getting good players that do want to be here ? The 2 are not mutually exclusive.....Again, we do not know if SW wants to be a Bills or not...my point is simply, if he does not, I wouldn't sign him to a long term deal with guaranteed $....he'll be miserable and probably will end up being a distraction.....

Give me someone who wants to be in Buffalo and believes in where this team is going....

Kirby do you really think that Gilmore and Z Brown were giving it there all last year?

How about Mccoy his first year here? (Mccoy even hinted that he rededicated himself to Buffalo after his first year)

Agreed....it does happen.....Blount when he was with the Steelers comes to mind...We've seen it in the NBA a few times as well.....

I do, especially in a contract year. Guys are motivated and judged by success. The egos are so big that they want to be considered the best. Sometimes we confuse poor play with lack of effort. Gilmore is not a great tackler and so it looks like he doesn't care in run support. Mario was asked to set the edge in that stupid defense. It's a different role. I understand why people might feel like that but from my experience these guys bust their butts to be great. It doesn't always work that way but it isn't for a lack of effort or apathy. Maybe another way to put it is that they care A LOT more than most people think that they do.