Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

Has nothing to do with telling fortunes. Whoosh!

No team throws in the towel four games into a season. Not happening.

There will be no tank job in 2017. The personnel moves they have made should tell you that.

TSW foot doctors have declared it with full access to the medical information so there's no reason to question it.

Oh link man, I am savoring the irony.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The franchise tag number for a wr in 2018 will be roughly 16m bucks. It would guarantee he stays here one more year and nothing more. If they were going to do that they might as well have just picked up his option. What good does it do?

The option was guaranteed for injury immediately though, which MIGHT be the theory on using the tag instead later if needed

TSW foot doctors have declared it with full access to the medical information so there's no reason to question it.

Or we could jump the gun go to the opposite spectrum and declare sammy to be able to play every game in a 16 game season for the next 9 years without the full inside medical knowledge the team docs have.

Well yes. Beyond that, any professional athlete with a Jones fracture surgery has to retire and have their foot amputated. Zero successful comebacks.

And every Jones surgery have the same results for every player.

Or we could jump the gun go to the opposite spectrum and declare sammy to be able to play every game in a 16 game season for the next 9 years without the full inside medical knowledge the team docs have.

And every Jones surgery have the same results for every player.

How about we just wait and see what happens, but based on past successful Jones fracture recoveries I like his chances.

How about we just wait and see what happens, but based on past successful Jones fracture recoveries I like his chances.

I do as well.....does it concern anyone that he might have a "im gonna do what i want" mentality in the offseason?

I am referring to the pick up basketball games that are rumored....I am not a doctor but playing basketball after my sons acl injury were VERY hard on his knee......it got easier as time went on but.......

I do as well.....does it concern anyone that he might have a "im gonna do what i want" mentality in the offseason?

I am referring to the pick up basketball games that are rumored....I am not a doctor but playing basketball after my sons acl injury were VERY hard on his knee......it got easier as time went on but.......

Based on the LA Fitness rumor? Not worried about it.

Can't wait until July when camp opens at SJF.

No team throws in the towel four games into a season. Not happening.

A team who sees that their QB's are not the answer, who sees that the LB's are not a scheme fit, who sees the CB position still needs to be addressed, who sees the rest of that schedule in front of us after an 0-4 start, and you don't think they just might start looking towards the future? I am holding out hope for this year just as much as the next man, but if we are 0-4 after the first 4 weeks I would not fault them if they did. You also realize that we are dealing in hypotheticals, right? It's not like this has happened yet, but I would not be shocked if it did. Would you rather Sammy have a mediocre year with our QB's and walk because we aren't willing to pony up the dough next year leaving us with nothing other than an argument between posters about what comp pick we are screwing up by signing 2018 FA's? I would rather have the 1st round pick if we can get it. Again, all hypothetical.

A team who sees that their QB's are not the answer, who sees that the LB's are not a scheme fit, who sees the CB position still needs to be addressed, who sees the rest of that schedule in front of us after an 0-4 start, and you don't think they just might start looking towards the future? I am holding out hope for this year just as much as the next man, but if we are 0-4 after the first 4 weeks I would not fault them if they did. You also realize that we are dealing in hypotheticals, right? It's not like this has happened yet, but I would not be shocked if it did. Would you rather Sammy have a mediocre year with our QB's and walk because we aren't willing to pony up the dough next year leaving us with nothing other than an argument between posters about what comp pick we are screwing up by signing 2018 FA's? I would rather have the 1st round pick if we can get it. Again, all hypothetical.

Didn't you hear? It's not happening.

With 12 games remaining in a season. NFL teams just don't think like that. Too much season left with the potential for turning things around.

With 12 games remaining in a season. NFL teams just don't think like that. Too much season left with the potential for turning things around.

I think more players than you want to admit would be tossing the towel in at 0-4 unless they expected to be real contenders and had some dumb luck to land winless

This is not going to happen

(and I am going to keep telling myself that....cuz Sammy is fun to watch in our uni!)

...if Buffalo did not exercise the 5th year option in a "wait and see approach", what GM would pull the trade trigger now versus the same "waiting and seeing"?....they'll wait for FA, consider offers and Bills always have the tag to use if he has a great 2017.......

I think more players than you want to admit would be tossing the towel in at 0-4 unless they expected to be real contenders and had some dumb luck to land winless

H2o referred to a tank job after 0-4 as if the Bills would start trading and benching key players in order to tank. Not the kind of mindset I see McDermott and Beane adopting.

Ok, again, 0-4 with our schedule and you don't think it would be considered? You don't think that would factor into how they approach the rest of the season? Do you think Indy thought about it when they were setting themselves up to draft Andrew Luck? What about Tampa and Tennessee the year they got Winston and Mariota? Keeping up the "good fight" would likely mean we need to go 10-2 the rest of the way to have a shot at the post season. Again you have to look at that schedule. Again, all hypothetical, but yes it could happen. Especially if you consider we could have three 1st round picks if a contender throws their hat in the ring for Watkins. I think that could possibly intrigue any front office.

You get that they could franchise him?

Dumb idea -- and for a second. All this based on a rumor from a rugby site.

If true, I lose all my cautious optimism that this new front office might have a clue.

Of course I know that, I guess you'd have to believe that Watkins will have an injury free year.

That plus of course he'll do his very best on a contract year.

People are very quick to say "dumb" and "stupid" around here. I was always taught that people that have to resort to those types of words just have trouble articulating themselves properly.

Maybe if you opened your mind to other people's points of view you might start seeing things in grey and not so black and white as your opinion seems to be.

in your opinion Watkins will perform well enough to deserve a brand new contract or be tagged.

In my opinion I've never seen anything to believe that's true. Even if he did, it would conveniently be done in a contract year.

If the Bills brass made a move like this I believe they've finally learned a thing or two from past mistakes.

Two differing opinions. Neither have to be "dumb" or "stupid".

Id love if Sammy became our Julio like he was supposed to be. Just have trouble believing it with many Buffalo Bills seasons under my belt.

I'm going off seasons past, you're going off of hope.

Edited by likei've

Ok, again, 0-4 with our schedule and you don't think it would be considered? You don't think that would factor into how they approach the rest of the season? Do you think Indy thought about it when they were setting themselves up to draft Andrew Luck? What about Tampa and Tennessee the year they got Winston and Mariota? Keeping up the "good fight" would likely mean we need to go 10-2 the rest of the way to have a shot at the post season. Again you have to look at that schedule. Again, all hypothetical, but yes it could happen. Especially if you consider we could have three 1st round picks if a contender throws their hat in the ring for Watkins. I think that could possibly intrigue any front office.

No I don't. Those teams (TB and TEN) were already terrible and Indy was nothing when Manning went out. Not the same scenario for the Bills.

Kyle Williams says shame on you!

No I don't. Those teams (TB and TEN) were already terrible and Indy was nothing when Manning went out. Not the same scenario for the Bills.

Kyle Williams says shame on you!

Lol, I'm just saying that a start like that could make them reconsider everything. We will have to agree to disagree on this one I guess :thumbsup:

Ask Kyle Williams and McCoy what they think.