Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

terrible take. what nfl team does not go for it?

so McD holds a meeting just before the season starts and lets all his players know, that in his first year as HC he is sorry to inform them they're not going for it this year?

what a real loser mentality the above post generates and frankly, will not happen simply because coaches and players do not go in to a season with the mind set they're just not going for it.

thought I heard it all but this takes the cake!

well, obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but this is so over-the-top ridiculous, i debated whether even dignifying it with a response...

Nobody ever said or suggested the part of your post in bold?...no wonder you thought it took the cake- you completely made it up to justify your opinion.

McD will try to win this year, but he understands his chances for success are likely low due to the limitations of his team...of course he would never say this because, being as a first year HC, he wouldn't want to lose the team...therefore, like he said he will try to win now, while also strategizing for the future- which, in this case, might mean trying to get something for Sammy while he still can.

Edited by JaCrispy

No doubt he's been nicked in certain games, but to obsess over it makes no sense to me.

Its a Valid argument.

If it was Robert Woods, and yes we have had that discussion too, it we be less important.

But when you have number one in skill set, buy a country mile, who is on the field but less than 100% or not getting full reps? i think its kind of important from a Coaching perspective.

There is no question he was not used to his potential . And often used as a decoy on routes

preach!!! Leroi

I might be in line with this thinking.

Tough call though from the outside looking in

Its a Valid argument.

If it was Robert Woods, and yes we have had that discussion too, it we be less important.

But when you have number one in skill set, buy a country mile, who is on the field but less than 100% or not getting full reps? i think its kind of important from a Coaching perspective.

There is no question he was not used to his potential . And often used as a decoy on routes

It's been an issue with Julio Jones as well as Dez Bryant, but I don't see the Falcons or Cowboys getting rid of either.

Not sure how much credence to give this radio station but it's out there

https://sportstalk360.com/2017/05/26/buffalo-bills-receiving-sammy-watkins-trade-offers/

I tend to give more credence to better grammar. Possibly silly of me, but there you have it.

I'm sure if the Bills are receiving trade offers, they are "entertaining" them but that's different than shopping a player.

How awesome would it be to have 3 First round picks?

Watkins is damaged, let's get what we can, and build this team.

Imo

Omg... I haven't been here long, but long enough to know an endorsement from the almighty Leroi is pretty close to having your baby kissed by the pope.

Wow! Three! Cut him now!

Not sure why you're getting your back up. You asked me to cite games, now you're getting salty.

It's been an issue with Julio Jones as well as Dez Bryant, but I don't see the Falcons or Cowboys getting rid of either.

Not to the extent of Swat, I'm afraid.

Julio in his third year. Snap percentage 86%. Sammy in his third year. Snap percentage 75%.

Dez has never had his season-long snap percentage be less than 79%.

Edited by jmc12290

On the other hand, Jones and Bryant have had good qbs and they were targeted commensurate with their talent.

Those who are only looking at production rarely appear to factor in elements beyond a player's control that are likely to frustrate a talented wr.

Each team is in a different dynamic. Supporting cast, including QB. Type of game they run that allows for the Top Rec to be as efficient as possible, and honestly 26, i think exxpectations looking forward. Such as having to pay Watkins next year if he even accepts the offer.

Perhaps a thoughtful plan would be to lock up another high end Rec in the draft next year with that pick to start and have him come play four years at a much lesser salary.

Just a thought CB

Its a Valid argument.

Its a Valid argument.

no harm in having an opposing view as both sides have legit arguments..

Not sure why you're getting your back up. You asked me to cite games, now you're getting salty.

Not to the extent of Swat, I'm afraid.

Julio in his third year. Snap percentage 86%. Sammy in his third year. Snap percentage 75%.

Dez has never had his season-long snap percentage be less than 79%.

Except in 2015 when in was 43% and 2016 at 64%

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

both also have franchise QBs and are in "win now" mode...there is a difference...we are not close like they are.

both also have franchise QBs and are in "win now" mode...there is a difference...we are not close like they are.

I also prefer to look at Sammy in vacuum. What we all have been watching since Watkins was drafted.

Each of our opinions can change over time.

For those who do not do stats like me, i can only eyeball the players and games.

So much is situational in statistics. So much not captured. For us who just focus on Bills football and watch ever darned second, well we have an opinion too !

:beer: