Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

Typical Bills move would be to keep him and let him walk via free agency.

How many past first round picks have we traded in their last year of their contract to back up your claim?

You get that they could franchise him?

Dumb idea -- and for a second. All this based on a rumor from a rugby site.

If true, I lose all my cautious optimism that this new front office might have a clue.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go look at Julio Jones stats the first 3 years in the league and the comparisons are startling...nearly identical numbers and the same foot injury...

The comp falls short when you realize Sammy needs to catch 100 balls, put up 1600 yards, and catch 6 TD's this year.

There's never any takers on those numbers being identical :lol:

Go look at Julio Jones stats the first 3 years in the league and the comparisons are startling...nearly identical numbers and the same foot injury...

This, but apparently he is injury prone and we can be sure he will never be healthy and stay on the field.

How?

Don't trade him, let him earn a pay day next year and pay him or franchise him. If he bitches and mopes about being here then fine his ass until he shows.

Letting the player hold all the cards is what this franchise has done so many times throughout the drought. It's pathetic.

The franchise tag number for a wr in 2018 will be roughly 16m bucks. It would guarantee he stays here one more year and nothing more. If they were going to do that they might as well have just picked up his option. What good does it do?

The franchise tag number for a wr in 2018 will be roughly 16m bucks. It would guarantee he stays here one more year and nothing more. If they were going to do that they might as well have just picked up his option. What good does it do?

If he puts up good numbers for two years in a row, maybe he decides staying in Buffalo is not a bad idea.

Then again, I would have picked up his option.

TSW foot doctors have declared it with full access to the medical information so there's no reason to question it.

If Sammy has debilitating injuries that one cannot effectively recover from, he will have no trade value.

I see no reason to suspect such. You probably surmised, but just to be clear, I was being sarcastic.

I am strongly in the keep Sammy camp.

Edited by Dr. Who

If we're 0-4, and the tank job is then on, I wouldn't be surprised if Watkins gets moved. We could possibly get a 1st from a team who looks to be in contention.

There will be no tank job in 2017. The personnel moves they have made should tell you that.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

There will be no tank job in 2017. The personnel moves they have made should tell you that.

I'm not saying we are going in with that mindset. I'm saying that if this team starts off 0-4 and they decide to throw the towel in then I wouldn't be surprised if they move Sammy before the trade deadline.

I'm not saying we are going in with that mindset. I'm saying that if this team starts off 0-4 and they decide to throw the towel in then I wouldn't be surprised if they move Sammy before the trade deadline.

No team throws in the towel four games into a season. Not happening.