Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

there's a picture of Watkins playing basketball at an LA Fitness from July 2016

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/07/bills_sammy_watkins_foot_healed_heading_into_camp_plays_pickup_basketball.html

Point being, one needs to know when and where a picture was taken. Maybe he thought bball was fine last year and knows different now

Maybe...just maybe one of the reasons why his option was not picked up is they are trying to send him a message that availability is just as important as his talent....and that when he is recovering from injuries he should not be doing stuff like this even though he enjoys it.

All kinds of messages could be being sent by not picking up that option.

Doesnt mean I dont love Sammy though and he is definately a blue chip player....when he plays

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that thread. So what!

Its clear you back any move Sammy makes regardless of health implications.

This was released in May 3, the day Sammy was playing ball in La fitness Hamburg:

Watkins is currently not cleared to participate fully in the teams offseason conditioning program and is not expect to participate in the OTA practice sessions coming up in a couple of weeks. The receiver is on schedule to be cleared for the start of training camp in late July.

But he couldnt stretch with the rest if his tramates. Literally stretch with his teamates with large bands. But he can play basketball? Let that sink in a bit before you give me your next bs line.

I pulled it from here. Maybe it is from before last season? Landry turned 24 last season so maybe it is before that birthday season. Maybe Bandit can clarify? http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194184-rumor-bills-will-entertain-trade-offers-for-watkins/?p=4393125

Either way his per target performance has been really strong. Throw him the ball and good things happen.

In terms of Julio the stats are very similar through 3 years. Watkins played in a few more games but Jones still had more targets.

There is no reason for someone else to clarify for you. How about you do what I did and look up their birthdays and stats yourself. Then you can make an intelligent informed comment instead of using untrue made up numbers blaming someone else when called on the fake stats you provided.

Landry and OBJ both turned 24 in November at the end of the season so it makes no difference because they both had more yards before turning 24.

Julio had 6 count them just 6 more targets then Sammy. So there in no vast difference.

Its clear you back any move Sammy makes regardless of health implications.

This was released in May 3, the day Sammy was playing ball in La fitness Hamburg:

Watkins is currently not cleared to participate fully in the teams offseason conditioning program and is not expect to participate in the OTA practice sessions coming up in a couple of weeks. The receiver is on schedule to be cleared for the start of training camp in late July.

But he couldnt stretch with the rest if his tramates. Literally stretch with his teamates with large bands. But he can play basketball? Let that sink in a bit before you give me your next bs line.

You mean with the proof by a picture from 2016. Okay man.

You mean with the proof by a picture from 2016. Okay man.

Yup sure if thats what you want to believe. I mean only another guy plus his friends along with. Anothwr poster who actually placed the photo on this message board. Keep telling yourself it isnt true, I hear that works on this board. Playing basketball when you cant even atretch with the team fully isnt shouting I care about the health of my twice surgically repaired foot let alone anything else that comes along with being an NFL wr. You have a good night.

Steve Smith, Jr.

they paid him 3x

MAR 1 2004Signed a 6 year $26.1 million contract with Carolina (CAR)

MAY 8 2007Signed a 6 year $43.2 million contract with Carolina (CAR)

APR 10 2012Signed a 4 year $30 million contract extension with Carolina (CAR)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/steve-smith-1250/

He was released in 2014 at age 35.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yup sure if thats what you want to believe. I mean only another guy plus his friends along with. Anothwr poster who actually placed the photo on this message board. Keep telling yourself it isnt true, I hear that works on this board. Playing basketball when you cant even atretch with the team fully isnt shouting I care about the health of my twice surgically repaired foot let alone anything else that comes along with being an NFL wr. You have a good night.

I don't care whether it is true or not. He has to do as he's told by the medical staff while he's at OBD. You act as if he is just deciding not to get on the field. Whatever....Bring on Saint John Fisher.

Who else's cousin's friend's sister posted any pictures of Sammy....Maybe playing rugby?

This many pages off a rumor from two rugby bloggers. Wonder what we'd get if two lacrosse bloggers said TT won't resign?

Yeah, silly, but it's just an opportunity for people to take sides and vent. Even the people who disagree with me and are therefore clearly wrong! :)

There is no reason for someone else to clarify for you. How about you do what I did and look up their birthdays and stats yourself. Then you can make an intelligent informed comment instead of using untrue made up numbers blaming someone else when called on the fake stats you provided.

Landry and OBJ both turned 24 in November at the end of the season so it makes no difference because they both had more yards before turning 24.

Julio had 6 count them just 6 more targets then Sammy. So there in no vast difference.

I pulled that from a post elsewhere and that's why I asked for clarification. I may have interpreted what he posted wrong.

Ha ha, if you are trying to accuse me of not supporting my arguments with stats I think that you have the wrong guy. I have been accused of a lot of things here but not using facts to support my argument is probably last on the list of valid accusations.

so we used 3 draft picks on Sammy ....

Yes.

That's far from the best way to say it. You are really really stretching.

We gave a way three things and recieved one in return.

To say that of those three things, we "swapped" one but then "gave up" the other two says more about the fact that you desperately want to spin this than what happened.

It would be like saying, "In return for that watermelon, I swapped a banana."

"Oh, I thought you also gave up a prune and a peach."

"Yeah, for the watermelon, I swapped a banana and then gave up a prune and a peach." Puh-leeze. It wasn't two transactions, it was one.

Pick the word you want to use, swapped or gave up, whichever, but it was one transaction.

Here's what we swapped for the 2014 #4 pick: the 2014 #9 pick, the 2015 #15 pick and the 2015 #115 pick. What did we give up? Same thing. When you're talking about a trade, swap and give up are synonyms.

Its like you guys want to say "This guy asked me for change for a $20, and I gave him two $5s and a $10 and he gave me $20. Then I spent the $20, so now I am out $40"

I don't necessarily disagree with you, its just phrasing. We used EITHER #4 overall, OR #9, and a 2015 1st and 4th rounder but not both of those.

Edited by What a Tuel

Vanek was NEVER thought of as a potential HOFer. Or maybe by people I would never want to have an intelligent conversation with!

Rewind the conversation to 2007

Rewind the conversation to 2007

Just so long as we don't lose sight of the fact that Sammy Watkins is infinitely a better prospect as an NFL player than Vanek ever was as an NHLer.