Comp picks! Come get your Comp Picks!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes was insurance if we didn't draft a WR.

Same with Ducasse at T.

Ryan Davis I think could stick, but if the difference is him vs. a 3rd - I think that's a no brainer.

I think the Bills thought Justin Hunter would get a deal that counted in the formula and he didn't. I thought he would also.

Also, they have been trying Rehkow at K and he has a huge leg and could see him winning the job.

Cutting these guys doesn't cost us much in dead money either.

So we could end up with

1st Round

1st Round (Chiefs)

2nd Round

3rd Round

3rd Round Compensation

4th Round

4th Round Compensation

5th Round

6th Round

7th Round (could lose to the Packers)

Possibly 5 picks in the top 110

There is no way that the Patriots should get comp picks this year after getting Gilmore. The system is seriously broken and not accomplishing what it is supposed to do. That said if we can get a 3rd and a 4th we should definitely do it.

So we could end up with

1st Round

1st Round (Chiefs)

2nd Round

3rd Round

3rd Round Compensation

4th Round

4th Round Compensation

5th Round

6th Round

7th Round (could lose to the Packers)

Possibly 5 picks in the top 110

Gosh that's sexy!!

I don't think Ducasse makes the roster, so that's pretty easy.

There's a few candidates that could challenge Ryan Davis for the 4th EDGE rusher spot, so I could see that happening as well.

With Holmes, you'd only save $50k, so it would strictly be to acquire the comp pick.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28023/how-the-bills-can-tweak-their-roster-to-snag-a-2018-third-round-pick

Interesting article (for Rodak). I could see Beane releasing three of our FA signings but maybe not four.

Good possibility we get a third round comp pick.

Well it is all about comp picks here.

Looks like someone is reading our site. Good job Rodak. Glad I can help you write your articles. Next time just copy and paste to save time.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193888-compensatory-picks-counter-for-2018-billsy-update/?do=findComment&comment=4369612

PS: you just know if Bills try this, someone. Brown or Goodwin on injury release, or Lerentee McCray who appears to have an overpriced contract, will be cut before week 10 and screw up Bills getting 3rd rounder. Bills need to cut 4 to be safer.

Edited by cba fan

What a flawed system. With that said Ducasse is probably a cut already, Davis is a bubble guy and Holmes is on the team. Would it make sense to start the year with Holmes and see where you are mid season?

Yes. Good thinking. No reason to rush. You have 10 weeks to decide. By then you can see how it is going in regards to former Bills FA cut by then.

What a flawed system. With that said Ducasse is probably a cut already, Davis is a bubble guy and Holmes is on the team. Would it make sense to start the year with Holmes and see where you are mid season?

Ducasse never should've been signed IMO...he's not a good player and he's an impediment to comp picks (and this team was in prime position to acquire valuable ones).

The other guy that I wasn't thrilled with signing from a comp pick perspective was Poyer--I said all along that I'd have gone after a cap casualty like Bethea to fill that role.

I have no problem with cutting Davis or Holmes to recoup a 3rd rounder as long as they aren't setting the world on fire...I just wish that some foresight had gone into their offseason approach so that they didn't have to resort to that.

Yes. Good thinking. No reason to rush. You have 10 weeks to decide. By then you can see how it is going in regards to former Bills FA cut by then.

He also said something about cutting a guy like DiMarco before week 1 with the understanding that we'd bring him back right after...there's a risk he might jump ship and go elsewhere. Funny how the system lets the team gamble on something like that.

Am I the only one who hates the compensatory pick process? It certainly doesn't seem to favor the weaker teams and promote parity, which I am guessing was the original intention? Why reward teams for losing free agents?

It shouldn't be based on volume it should be based on quality. The guaranteed dollars that guys you lost get should factor in heavily. Losing Gilmore and signing Ducasse isn't a wash.

I have no problem with cutting Davis or Holmes to recoup a 3rd rounder as long as they aren't setting the world on fire...I just wish that some foresight had gone into their offseason approach so that they didn't have to resort to that.

Foresight when it comes to resource allocation and draft picks was never Whaley's forte, and it's a big reason he's unemployed. I'm really hoping Beane has a sounder strategy when it comes to these things.