Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

He has looked like a pretty good LT. I'm sure he'll get a chance elsewhere as a guy who's still pretty young.

@ChrisTrapasso

Have 2 games left to evaluate, but in my '16 #Bills grades, Kouandjio had best "Efficiency Score" of any Buffalo OL. +6.6 grade on 193 snaps

Yeah I'm surpised we'll never get to see a Kujo/Glenn OL. These kids need to get it together.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kujo? Wow didnt see that coming so soon. Thought they would have some sort of battle in preseason with Mills , Dawkins, Henderson and Kujo. Must be a bad situation with his off the field stuff.

Edited by wppete

Kujo? Wow didnt see that coming so soon. Thought they would have some sort of battle in preseason with Mills , Dawkins, Henderson and Kujo. Must be a bad situation with his off the field stuff.

considering McD had positive comments about him last week I wonder if a suspension is coming down. Or, he's injured with that hip and will go to IR if passes through waivers.

It's a HUGE reason for his release. He's the #2 LT, has some trade value (teams were sniffing around this offseason) and can play RT. Whatever happened last month is the main reason that he was released while 88 other players stayed. He wasn't the 90th best player on that roster. Put your agenda hat aside and put on your thinking cap.

He was the swing tackle for the previous coaching staff. He isn't (now wasn't) that for the new coaching staff who clearly didn't see enough to retain him for even training camp.

I don't know what happened to him last month, but it could very well be a mental health issue. And I highly doubt a capable player (in your opinion) would be released this early because of that. You've conveniently blamed this strange incident because you can't bear to believe the player wasn't good enough for the new coaching staff.

The depths Whaley cheerleaders have to go to defend lil' Doug. He's gone and so are more of his players. Thank goodness.

This is like the time that you asked me if Malik Hooker could drop to the No. 10 slot...I told you, emphatically, that it was completely and utterly impossible.

Worked, didn't it? :lol:

Haha.

Hey, I understand concerns about his injury but teams will be kicking themselves for years for passing on him. Us included.

Ed Reed with more speed. Think about that a minute.

He was the swing tackle for the previous coaching staff. He isn't (now wasn't) that for the new coaching staff who clearly didn't see enough to retain him for even training camp.

I don't know what happened to him last month, but it could very well be a mental health issue. And I highly doubt a capable player (in your opinion) would be released this early because of that. You've conveniently blamed this strange incident because you can't bear to believe the player wasn't good enough for the new coaching staff.

The depths Whaley cheerleaders have to go to defend lil' Doug. He's gone and so are more of his players. Thank goodness.

You think a capable player would be released when 88 other players are staying?!? You believe that there are 88 better players currently on the roster? That's what you are saying. It's clearly a result of what happened last month (which as you admitted you know nothing about). Edited by Kirby Jackson

@TyDunne

T Cyrus Kouandjio, drafted ahead of Davante Adams/Jarvis Landry/Jimmy Garoppolo/Stephon Tuitt/Carlos Hyde/Allen Robinson, has been released.

Another Whaley blunder. The guy was a terrible drafter and some people still can't understand why he was fired. Edited by Scott7975

Am I crazy, or didn't Rod Streater spend a week or two on the Bills squad early on in his career....maybe just training camp fodder before he signed as an undrafted FA with the Raiders? He may have never officially made the roster, but I could swear he was with us for a second or two.

Edited by Buftex

Am I crazy, or didn't Rod Streater spend a week or two on the Bills squad early on in his career....maybe just training camp fodder before he signed as an undrafted FA with the Raiders? He may have never officially made the roster, but I could swear he was with us for a second or two.

Tommy Streeter was with the Bills for a minute. Is that what you are thinking about?

Fun fact: Rod Streater started his collegiate career at the D3 college, Alfred State. Went to school across the street from there and have always rooted for him to succeed. In 2013, he had almost 900 yards receiving with 4 touchs and a 14.8 yards/catch average. The guy can definitely come up big once and awhile, just sort of fell off the map as of late. Some highlights from his rookie year:

https://youtu.be/WRVJoURKPdo