LB Gerald Hodges visiting-Edit: SIGNED!

...why do I get the impression that we might actually be a good team?

I just txted some friends and I think that a backup at FS, DE & TE would make us a 10 win team. Hodges filled our biggest need by far. Get Barnidge and Byrd & I'm fully pregnant.

Edited by r00tabaga

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with you, but I have a serious question. Have you ever posted something positive?

Never

I love this signing. Love love it. Wish it were a multi year deal but I'm sure he wants a chance of getting a better deal. Hopefully he plays well and we can retain him. Our biggest hole has just been filled imo. Would love to get Corey Graham or Byrd back. Both good fits for what we need. Barnidge would be icing on the cake, but I don't see it happening. He's also looking for a bigger deal and a 1 year in Buffalo as a 2nd TE wouldn't help him get that bigger deal imo.

Never

I love this signing. Love love it. Wish it were a multi year deal but I'm sure he wants a chance of getting a better deal. Hopefully he plays well and we can retain him. Our biggest hole has just been filled imo. Would love to get Corey Graham or Byrd back. Both good fits for what we need. Barnidge would be icing on the cake, but I don't see it happening. He's also looking for a bigger deal and a 1 year in Buffalo as a 2nd TE wouldn't help him get that bigger deal imo.

While I do think a big whole has been filled the information that came out from McD on Charles Clay is a bit concerning....this is the first time that a front office person acknowledged that Clay is having knee problems.

Makes me REALLY wish we would have plucked one of the TE's from this draft this year.....I am REALLY hoping Logan Thomas can make the conversion to TE

@g_hodges6

Overly appreciated to be apart and help @buffalobills be the best organization we can be!!!! It's go time 🙏🏽🙌🏾 #billsmafia

Thank you @buffalobills for the huge opportunity to be apart of something special... excited wouldn't even describe the feeling 🙏🏽

Edited by YoloinOhio

@g_hodges6

Overly appreciated to be apart and help @buffalobills be the best organization we can be!!!! It's go time 🙏🏽🙌🏾 #billsmafia

Thank you @buffalobills for the huge opportunity to be apart of something special... excited wouldn't even describe the feeling 🙏🏽

Players that want to be here. I like it.

This is a HUGE signing!! Hodges gives us a playmaker who can run and cover.

Prior to signing Hodges I was beginning to think that the Bills were going to tank this season in order to be in position to grab a QB in the top 5-8 picks. That's because they still have some glaring holes. One of which WAS at OLB.

Now the Bills have Ragland, Hodges, Alexander as their possible starters along with P. Brown, who we all know is a very capable LB.

Brown is too slow to play OLB so I expect the Bills to experiment with Ragland to see if he is a capable OLB.

I expect the starting LBs to be Hodges (OLB), Ragland (MLB), and Alexander (OLB). Alexander will be the chess piece that is moved around to create problems for the opposing offense.

It's possible that Brown may force he way into the lineup at MLB. In which case Ragland and Hodges would be the OLBs.

Expect Alexander to play OLB, some DE in obvious passing situations, and lots of ST.

Prior to signing Hodges I was beginning to think that the Bills were going to tank this season in order to be in position to grab a QB in the top 5-8 picks.

I'm of the opinion that there's no need to formally tank. We have two 1st round picks next year which can be used to move up if needed. Best position we've been in, in a very long time.

jeffismagic will disagree because his QB went to KC, but I stand by my original statement.

Wow, very nice addition. This D has legit potential to return to being top 5-10. So much potential on that side,Shaq,Reggie,Seymour,White, Adolphus,Poyer. I think even the most pessimistic of fans gotta be hopeful for the future, this team is really taking shape.

A much improved D equals a much better Tyrod as well.. As some pointed out, this just feels different than the last 15 years,

I'm like the Buffalo Media.

Cautious about the team approach. Flame away!

You view yourself as "cautious"? I think some self awareness is in order.

What exactly would you be avoiding by being cautious that makes you somehow superior?

Wow, very nice addition. This D has legit potential to return to being top 5-10. So much potential on that side,Shaq,Reggie,Seymour,White, Adolphus,Poyer. I think even the most pessimistic of fans gotta be hopeful for the future, this team is really taking shape.

A much improved D equals a much better Tyrod as well.. As some pointed out, this just feels different than the last 15 years,

The secondary is a huge question mark.

The secondary is a huge question mark.

eh.. We don't have shut down corners, but we're no longer employing that tactic. We haven't had Aaron Williams for virtually 2 seasons now and C. Graham was only partially effective, given his declining closing speed. I liked Roby, but his skillset is available elsewhere. Poyer is an unknown, but Hyde is an upgrade. Darby, Johnson, Seymore are solid players still improving.

If we can return to a pass rushing squad, any liabilities _real or imagined- will be adequately 'covered', imo.

eh.. We don't have shut down corners, but we're no longer employing that tactic. We haven't had Aaron Williams for virtually 2 seasons now and C. Graham was only partially effective, given his declining closing speed. I liked Roby, but his skillset is available elsewhere. Poyer is an unknown, but Hyde is an upgrade. Darby, Johnson, Seymore are solid players still improving.

If we can return to a pass rushing squad, any liabilities _real or imagined- will be adequately 'covered', imo.

Darby needs a big bounce back after playing poorly last season, Seymour is untested, White is a rook, and Poyer as a starter at S gives me no comfort. Definitely need to see the front seven as the strength of the defense.

Darby needs a big bounce back after playing poorly last season, Seymour is untested, White is a rook, and Poyer as a starter at S gives me no comfort. Definitely need to see the front seven as the strength of the defense.

Its projecting that the secondary will be good.....but its not really THAT much of a projection

Darby needs to find his 1st year success.......if he can do that everything can fall into line after that.

Its projecting that the secondary will be good.....but its not really THAT much of a projection

Darby needs to find his 1st year success.......if he can do that everything can fall into line after that.

I think Darby has the talent but we see what he can look like with a pass rush and without one. It really starts with the rush. If there's no pressure being put on the QB it's a long day for a DB. I think Darby will be fine and return to being a good player.

I like the signing too but like Scott I am on the fence being cautious of off season predictions of a top 10 D

To me the whole key is Ragland at MLB

Our biggest problem is currently our run D so if Ragland can help limit it we are on our way

However he's just a rookie and our back 7 is still in huge transition

Poyer potentially being the weak link

Just wait until some starting D players come up injured

Our depth is scary weak as noted by a a number of NFL pundits and publications

jc

Who said I was superior?

All I said was the front seven looks pretty damn good now if Shaq can improve and they stay healthy and then someone called me out for being negative?

You think you're being called out as negative for that comment?