Any Bills of late you'd put on the Wall of Fame?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I hate that Kidd is right. If/when the Bills become a regular playoff team or win a championship guy's like Kyle and Fred have a better chance. No player from the drought era is going to get in as long as the drought continues.

Oh I think 1 or both will make it. You've got almost a whole generation of fans that have never experienced a good Bills team, gotta throw them a bone. I look at both as complementary player types who would always get mentioned after discussing the true stars of the team, only those teams didn't have any true stars.

Oh I think 1 or both will make it. You've got almost a whole generation of fans that have never experienced a good Bills team, gotta throw them a bone. I look at both as complementary player types who would always get mentioned after discussing the true stars of the team, only those teams didn't have any true stars.

I agree that probably both do. But I see it happening after the drought is ended. It just seems a bit too much like celebrating the drought to do it while it continues. But maybe you're right. Maybe the fans are looking for something to celebrate in the meantime. Yeah, I could see it looking at it that way.

Moulds is the best player mentioned. A possible hall of famer with a top qb. Bills failed to retain their best 6 players from this era: peters(hof), lynch(hof), Winfield, fletcher, clements, and spikes. The others mentioned are in a group of good long term players which should also include McGee and schobel.

None from the era of trash.

Good players, not great. Don't cheapen the wall by forcing it.

Exactly right.

Moorman............he was once the face of this franchise.

An embarrassment that should be buried, not celebrated.

sarcasm, my friend...........it was all just pure sarcasm.

LOL....you never know!

Nothing wrong with liking a good player/good guy, but we've spent way too much on this board over the years talking about Brian Moorman.

The Wall has already been cheapened imo. Solid players like Hansen, Richter, Conlan and Talley don't belong. They were pretty good players on a great team. It's opened the flood gates a little where players like Ruben Brown and Kyle Williams almost have to go up.

Moorman is the only player we have had (for a long period of time) in the drought that was top 3 at his position. Moorman is the only one I would put on there. Love Fred. But they tried to replace him every single offseason. And Fred was no where near an elite RB. Kyle is a great story, very nice player and extremely hard worker. Maybe some day for kyle.

He was in 2012 or which ever season that was when he broke his leg. He was having an all-pro season up to that point.

Moorman is the only player we have had (for a long period of time) in the drought that was top 3 at his position. Moorman is the only one I would put on there. Love Fred. But they tried to replace him every single offseason. And Fred was no where near an elite RB. Kyle is a great story, very nice player and extremely hard worker. Maybe some day for kyle.

I can't endorse a player who participated in 4 - 8 plays a game. Maybe -- MAYBE -- a kicker who scored over a 1,000 points in his Bills career. But not a punter. Yes, Mooman was good. Very Good. But not wall worthy.

The standard for me is production and longevity. The vast majority of the career needs to be in Buffalo.

My choice goes back to my youth - Bob Chandler. Chandler played nine seasons with the Buffalo Bills (1971–1979) and three with the Oakland Raiders (1980–1982). He led the NFL in receptions from 1975–1977 (Bills years) with 176, and was named Second-Team All-Pro in 1975 and 1977 (again Bills years).

I realize that Freddie was not an elite RB, but he's one of the few Bills players in modern times who put his whole heart and soul into the game. Regardless of injuries, FJ left it all on the field, 100%, every game. Kyle too. I'd put 'em both on the Wall.

...Kyle and FredEx......have a problem with Moulds because of the way he burned bridges on his way out of town......CERTAINLY he persevered during a prolonged crap era in this club's lore, a painful stretch.....but when the end was near and subsequent move to Houston, his "publicist (?)" came out and stated, "Eric's attitude towards the Bills soured when his consecutive catch string was broken"....he never saw the ball that day...BUT.....isn't that a "ME record" versus "WE record"?.......solely my opinion, but I lost all respect with that comment and the subsequent bridge burning......he was under Ralph's wing as HIS favorite...RW personally flew in the mitigate the Moulds/Mularkey spat......high road is the better exit IMO...........

I think, in his prime, Fred was elite. If I'm not mistaken, he once led the league in yards-after-contact. He made his offensive line look good far more than they made him look good. There weren't a lot of holes in front of Fred nor a lot of talent around him. Yet he produced, sometimes by pure willpower.

Put him on the 90s Bills instead of Thurman and I think he has a Thurman-like career, assuming he could stay healthy.

I'd vote for him to go on the wall.

And KW is an obvious choice.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I think, in his prime, Fred was elite. If I'm not mistaken, he once led the league in yards-after-contact. He made his offensive line look good far more than they made him look good. There weren't a lot of holes in front of Fred nor a lot of talent around him. Yet he produced, sometimes by pure willpower.

Put him on the 90s Bills instead of Thurman and I think he has a Thurman-like career, assuming he could stay healthy.

I'd vote for him to go on the wall.

And KW is an obvious choice.

...FredEx was as much an "off the field" Bills Ambassador as he was on the field true grit style.......VanBortel Ford dealership in Rochester had a "Steve Johnson Autograph Night" all set up.....sure enough, Johnson was a "no show" with some BS excuse, "limo broke down.......dog ate the Mapquest....cat ate the dog.....yada yada"......FredEx to the rescue........he shows up and never leaves the dealership until EVERY fan in attendance gets his autograph free of charge...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy