Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, dead at 52

Just Jack

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the vastly underrated Shannon Hoon too, though probably not quite grunge, but definitely of that era.

Yup. Blind melon was incredibly underrated.

There were several more but I kind of stuck to the household names. The voices of my youth have really disappeared quickly.

Don't forget the vastly underrated Shannon Hoon too, though probably not quite grunge, but definitely of that era.

Some of their stuff was grunge, but most of it was more psychedelic. Definitely easy listening. I liked them a lot.

Guy could have sung opera if he wanted to Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did so much over the last ten or so years. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did.

So the last song of the show last night was a cover of Zeppelin's "In my time of dying". I can't imagine that was a common show ender for them. He knew exactly what he was going to do.

He did so much over the last ten or so years. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did.

So the last song of the show last night was a cover of Zeppelin's "In my time of dying". I can't imagine that was a common show ender for them. He knew exactly what he was going to do.

Wow. Really?

They play it as part of slaves and bulldozers and is a common one in their set

It's been the encore all month

Edited by NoSaint

They play it as part of slaves and bulldozers and is a common one in their set

It's been the encore all month

Ok, I hate the way this stuff is reported. I scanned their website briefly for set lists but didn't see anything. Pearl Jam actually charts everything they've ever played on their website, so I was hoping Soundgarden might have something similar.

Ok, I hate the way this stuff is reported. I scanned their website briefly for set lists but didn't see anything. Pearl Jam actually charts everything they've ever played on their website, so I was hoping Soundgarden might have something similar.

There are some good fan sourced set list sites out there. That was my first reaction too but it seems like it's been there this tour. That said, it might have been something he's been thinking about for awhile and has made that the encore intentionally still.

Some of their stuff was grunge, but most of it was more psychedelic. Definitely easy listening. I liked them a lot.

The last going concern group I purchased a CD of back in the late 90s. End of an era for me.

No more Kurt Cobain, Andrew Wood, Chris Cornell, Layne Staley, Bradley Nowell, Shannon Hoon, Scott Weiland- wow that is practically the end of 90's great singers. Be safe Perry Farrell, Anthony Kiedis, Jay Mascis, and Mark Lanegan

There are some good fan sourced set list sites out there. That was my first reaction too but it seems like it's been there this tour. That said, it might have been something he's been thinking about for awhile and has made that the encore intentionally still.

The lazy reporting makes it sound like they finished with the song itself as opposed to using it as a tag to Slaves and Bulldozers. That definitely changes things.

And speaking of that song, I'm going to have to go dig up my copy of Badmotorfinger. I've got Superunknown in the car already, but I want to listen to both today.

Don't think so with his wife calling on a friend to go check on him. I'm guessing he had some sort of conversation with her earlier that scared her enough to send someone to check on him. Mental illness can be a terrible thing and he has battled depression and addiction in the past.

His wife sent someone to check on him because she was concerned. It sounds like he sent her a note or said some goodbyes on a call or something and essentially hung himself from early reports. We will see if accurate but it seems to be narrowing in on that story even if details may still be off.

Thanks.

I've used Setlist.fm to see what I can expect at the concerts I go to....

http://www.setlist.fm/

I would hope they would cancel OR offer full refunds and continue the tour with Vedder or another well known singer from the Soundgarden era.

For the festival tomorrow it'll likely go on without him. Maybe the organizer can scramble a replacement quick given the situation but yea, obviously soundgarden won't be there (I'd be completely shocked)

I think this will be it for them, but would expect a show or two with vedder as a possibility-- nothing sustained though, just a farewell (both to him, and for the others to get closure with their time in the band)

There is no possible way they are going to replace him for the current tour and, most likely, not at all.

Yea this tours done. There's pretty much zero percent chance.