Tim Horton's vs Dunkin Donuts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Horton's for coffee. I'm not much of a danish or sweets for breakfast guy.

On the rare occasion I do have a donut, it has to be Paula's. No competition. Chocolate glazed peanut is to die for.

Tim Horton's for coffee. I'm not much of a danish or sweets for breakfast guy.

On the rare occasion I do have a donut, it has to be Paula's. No competition. Chocolate glazed peanut is to die for.

If you're talking donuts I think it's safe to say the likely best ones can be had at independent shops vs a chain.

Dunking all the way for big chain coffee/ donut.

Duck Donuts down here is the best, made as you order and you decide what toppings etc.

BTW, 7-11 coffee and sour cream donut way better than anything at Krisoy Kreme.

Edited by plenzmd1

Tim Hortons. I love those French vanilla cappuccinos.

Not fair to ask a Canadian this question.

They used to sell extra-large English toffee caps, now it's limit is large for some stores.

I guess people went into a diabetic coma too many times.

They used to sell extra-large English toffee caps, now it's limit is large for some stores.

Dann that sounds good. I was just up in Toronto two days ago, but didn't stop into Tim Hortons. Maybe next time.

Dann that sounds good. I was just up in Toronto two days ago, but didn't stop into Tim Hortons. Maybe next time.

For the English toffee they made need a boat oar to scrape the pudding skin off the top of the mixture in the dispenser.

It's an interesting sugar-laden treat, very underrated and unpublicized.

No more Timmies in the CNY area, they closed all suddenly over a year ago. Dunkin did a huge expansion maybe a decade ago when Krispy Kreme said they were coming to town. KK only built one store and it was shut down within a few years. It's actually a DD now.

Personally, I like Just Donuts, creator of the Chicken Wing donut.....

http://www.justdonutsnobagels.com/

Did they close the one in Ithaca? It was always packed when I was up there.

I like Tim Horton's coffee better but I'll drink DD.

But of course I'll drink any coffee. I think McDonald's coffee taste like ass but its still ok

The neo-hipster element in my life swears by McDonald's coffee, I'm not convinced.

I only drink it black or with 35% whipping cream (sugarless.)

Edited by row_33

Whenever I go to the Dunkin Donuts drive through and they ask me for my order, I just tell them to make me whatever they want. When they ask why, I tell them "Because you're going to totally disregard my order and make me whatever you want anyway, so this way I can't be pissed that you screwed up my order."

Whenever I go to the Dunkin Donuts drive through and they ask me for my order, I just tell them to make me whatever they want. When they ask why, I tell them "Because you're going to totally disregard my order and make me whatever you want anyway, so this way I can't be pissed that you screwed up my order."

Yup, Star***** as well, friends who cannot have any sugar find that they get sugar needlessly despite asking 5 times that no sugar get put in their drink.

Has anyone gone to a Donut Connection? Better than TH and DD, IMO.

https://donutconnection.com/

Also, has anyone tried any of the new mini donut places, where they custom make the donuts with various toppings? There's a real popular one in Pittsburgh called "peace, love, and little donuts," and I know there are similar places on the west coast. Really outstanding donuts.

https://www.peaceloveandlittledonuts.com/

Yup, Star***** as well, friends who cannot have any sugar find that they get sugar needlessly despite asking 5 times that no sugar get put in their drink.

The Starbucks near my house probably has a 10% success rate with my order. I'm forced to go, as the significant other loves the lates and all that, but keep my expectations low.

They messed up a large hot coffee with cream three times in a row on me. It isn't even called a coffee, but rather a "Pike Place" or something stupid like that. Now I just drive to Horton's a little further away and make an extra stop for my girl's drink after.

The Starbucks near my house probably has a 10% success rate with my order. I'm forced to go, as the significant other loves the lates and all that, but keep my expectations low.

They messed up a large hot coffee with cream three times in a row on me. It isn't even called a coffee, but rather a "Pike Place" or something stupid like that. Now I just drive to Horton's a little further away and make an extra stop for my girl's drink after.

I'm a little bit sugar-avoidance obsessed these days, just a personal decision, nothing imposed by the doc, and what people are drinking from there "in the name of coffee" is total bullcrap

You found a Tims that sells English Toffee cappuccinos?!?!?

CBF

You found a Tims that sells English Toffee cappuccinos?!?!?

CBF

At some point in time.... were they banned by the Health Squad?

That was the most intense sugar and caffeine experience, I thought I could fly for a minute...