Tim Horton's vs Dunkin Donuts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tims, unless your a Brady and Pats fan of course...........

Any time I hear Dunkin all I can think of is Boston and Boston sports, mainly because I used to watch Phantom Gourmet on a Boston tv superstation here and they were sponsored by Dunkin,

Edited by apuszczalowski

No more Timmies in the CNY area, they closed all suddenly over a year ago. Dunkin did a huge expansion maybe a decade ago when Krispy Kreme said they were coming to town. KK only built one store and it was shut down within a few years. It's actually a DD now.

Personally, I like Just Donuts, creator of the Chicken Wing donut.....

http://www.justdonutsnobagels.com/

have any of you tried making donuts at home?

I would do it if (a) I had a flat fryer and (b) I didn't live within a 5-minute walk from Paula's. There is literally no reason on the planet to make (or even try) any other type of donut when you're that close to the best.

Tim Horton's almost every time. Dunkin is usually good at night because I'm pretty sure they automate their coffee dumping/brewing fresh every 15 minutes or whatever it is. With Tim's you have to rely on a teenager making fresh coffee and dumping the stuff sitting around, which usually doesn't happen. I hate getting a stale cup when I need a post dinner pickup.

Tim's coffee fresh is superior.

Edited by Rockpile233

She makes paczis too, doesn't she?

Yes...and they are perfect. She makes the standard glazed with dark berry filling, but also has granular-coated and powder-coated, and you can get each of them with dark berry filling, strawberry filling, or lemon curd.

The line on Fat Tuesday is about 20-30 people long all day long, but they crank through it pretty quickly.

There's 3 locations now: Tonawanda (across the street from Ted's), Clarence (Main and Harris Hill), and Orchard Park. We have at least a dozen at every tailgate.