DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

23 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More on the 302: 

My take, FWIW: There is no "original" FD-302 other than the one turned over. Peter Strzok interviewed Flynn on 24 Jan 2017. According to Comey's testimony, Strzok documented the interview in a draft FD-302 on the very same day. On 17 Dec 2018, the government turned over two redacted versions of the FD-302. One was dated 15 Feb 2017 and the other was dated 31 May 2017. The government certified that both redacted versions were identical, with the exception that the first version, which was digitally signed and certified in February 2017, inadvertently contained a header labeled “DRAFT DOCUMENT/DELIBERATIVE MATERIAL.” Once that error was recognized, the header was removed and a corrected version, omitting only the header, was re- signed and re-certified in May 2017. 

Whatever iterations the FD-302 went through between 24 Jan 17 and 15 Feb 2017 only existed on Strzok's computer, if they were saved at all. My guess is that Strzok just kept editing the same FD-302 until it contained what he needed and became "official" on or after 15 Feb 2017. The fact that it was still labled as a "Draft" on 15 Feb 17 tells me it was not uploaded into the FBI's Sentinel system (which is a bureau wide database of individual case file information) until after that date. So, this version of the FD-302 is the "original" version.

Now, the FBI policy on FD-302's is that they are to be completed (not just a draft) within 5 days. There is a reason for that. The FBI does not record interviews, so the FD-302 is a summary of the interview based on Agent notes and recollections. The longer an Agent waits to complete an FD-302, the greater the chances of inaccuracies, omissions, changes to reflect information outside the interview or biases, etc. The fact that the FD-302 was not completed within 5 days and still in a "draft" status on 15 Feb 2017 tells you that Strzok was continuing to edit it.

This version should be suspect just on the above information alone. Add into the equation that the original investigation of Flynn, “Crossfire Razor” came under the umbrella of “Crossfire Hurricane” and was based on the underlying justifications for that investigation. A memorandum, closing Crossfire Razor was placed in the file on 4 Jan 2017 based on no information developed to indicate Flynn had done anything wrong. However, Strzok told the case Agent to keep the case technically open - even though the case Agent had determined there was no basis to continue the investigation. Texts between Strzok and Page confirm they kept the case open when it should have been closed. This is important because everything that subsequently occurred with Flyn was done under the authorization of this investigation. Strzok would have had to obtain new authorization to open a new intelligence investigation or a new criminal investigation. He didn't have the basis for either, so he kept the Crossfire Razor intel case open - even though there was no basis to do so.

I won't go into everything else Strzok did to create serious questions as to his credibility (he has none and should be criminally prosecuted for what he did). However, eventually, the guilty plea Flynn entered was for "false statements" based entirely off Strzok's summary of the interview in that FD-302 (that he kept editing for over three weeks), and the "false statements" Flynn allegedly told were (1) material to an investigation of which there was no basis for being open and (2) reasonably likely to influence the course of an investigation that shouldn't have even existed (not to mention the FBI had the actual transcripts of Flynn's calls with the Russian Ambassador - so any version Flynn told wasn't going to influence anything they did).

This entire thing was a f*****g joke.

Edit: Joe Pientka and Peter Strzok interviewed Flynn. Actually Pientka was the one who did the first draft. Strzok and Page then "edited" the draft from 10 Feb 2017 - 15 Feb 2017.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

My take, FWIW: There is no "original" FD-302 other than the one turned over. Peter Strzok interviewed Flynn on 24 Jan 2017. According to Comey's testimony, Strzok documented the interview in a draft FD-302 on the very same day. On 17 Dec 2018, the government turned over two redacted versions of the FD-302. One was dated 15 Feb 2017 and the other was dated 31 May 2017. The government certified that both redacted versions were identical, with the exception that the first version, which was digitally signed and certified in February 2017, inadvertently contained a header labeled “DRAFT DOCUMENT/DELIBERATIVE MATERIAL.” Once that error was recognized, the header was removed and a corrected version, omitting only the header, was re- signed and re-certified in May 2017. 

Whatever iterations the FD-302 went through between 24 Jan 17 and 15 Feb 2017 only existed on Strzok's computer, if they were saved at all. My guess is that Strzok just kept editing the same FD-302 until it contained what he needed and became "official" on or after 15 Feb 2017. The fact that it was still labled as a "Draft" on 15 Feb 17 tells me it was not uploaded into the FBI's Sentinel system (which is a bureau wide database of individual case file information) until after that date. So, this version of the FD-302 is the "original" version.

Now, the FBI policy on FD-302's is that they are to be completed (not just a draft) within 5 days. There is a reason for that. The FBI does not record interviews, so the FD-302 is a summary of the interview based on Agent notes and recollections. The longer an Agent waits to complete an FD-302, the greater the chances of inaccuracies, omissions, changes to reflect information outside the interview or biases, etc. The fact that the FD-302 was not completed within 5 days and still in a "draft" status on 15 Feb 2017 tells you that Strzok was continuing to edit it.

This version should be suspect just on the above information alone. Add into the equation that the original investigation of Flynn, “Crossfire Razor” came under the umbrella of “Crossfire Hurricane” and was based on the underlying justifications for that investigation. A memorandum, closing Crossfire Razor was placed in the file on 4 Jan 2017 based on no information developed to indicate Flynn had done anything wrong. However, Strzok told the case Agent to keep the case technically open - even though the case Agent had determined there was no basis to continue the investigation. Texts between Strzok and Page confirm they kept the case open when it should have been closed. This is important because everything that subsequently occurred with Flyn was done under the authorization of this investigation. Strzok would have had to obtain new authorization to open a new intelligence investigation or a new criminal investigation. He didn't have the basis for either, so he kept the Crossfire Razor intel case open - even though there was no basis to do so.

I won't go into everything else Strzok did to create serious questions as to his credibility (he has none and should be criminally prosecuted for what he did). However, eventually, the guilty plea Flynn entered was for "false statements" based entirely off Strzok's summary of the interview in that FD-302 (that he kept editing for over three weeks), and the "false statements" Flynn allegedly told were (1) material to an investigation of which there was no basis for being open and (2) reasonably likely to influence the course of an investigation that shouldn't have even existed (not to mention the FBI had the actual transcripts of Flynn's calls with the Russian Ambassador - so any version Flynn told wasn't going to influence anything they did).

I wish it were a joke, but it is straight up treason. America is occupied territory.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I wish it were a joke, but it is straight up treason. America is occupied territory.

This was a deliberate fabrication of an offense, based on an investigation (Crossfire Razor) that had no basis for being open, and that was, in turn, predicated upon an investigation (Crossfire Hurricane) that was based, primarily, on known fabricated information presented to a FISA Court.

All from a corrupt management structure of the most powerful investigative agency in the world.

Everyone should familiarize themselves with the details of this entire travesty - and it should terrify them.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Everyone should familiarize themselves with the details of this entire travesty - and it should terrify them.

Totally agree, but all of this digging in the weeds of a 302 just distracts from the real scandal. Everyone needs to go back and watch All the President’s Men. This story goes WAY HIGHER than fiddling around with some government interview form. This story goes all the way to the Oval Office. Why else does Susan Rice send an email to herself on the last day in office? Think about it! Have you ever done that, other than to remind yourself to do something the next day? Nobody has! And there was no next day for the Obama administration...they were leaving!

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Totally agree, but all of this digging in the weeds of a 302 just distracts from the real scandal. Everyone needs to go back and watch All the President’s Men. This story goes WAY HIGHER than fiddling around with some government interview form. This story goes all the way to the Oval Office. Why else does Susan Rice send an email to herself on the last day in office? Think about it! Have you ever done that, other than to remind yourself to do something the next day? Nobody has! And there was no next day for the Obama administration...they were leaving!

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that email....there are just so many cracks in their stories that I lose track.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:03 AM, SectionC3 said:

He probably shouldn't have pleaded guilty if "there was no crime."  

Setting aside the guilty plea and his reasons for doing so (which would be a lengthy discussion), I have a question.

When the Agents interviewed Flynn, it was primarily about conversations Flynn had with the Russian Ambassador. The Agents possessed the actual transcripts of those conversations and, I am sure, were familiar with every detail going into that interview, as the transcripts were the basis for their questions. Now, when they finished that interview, they told Comey, according to Comey's testimony before congress, that they did not believe Flynn had lied to them.

This is not an instance of asking a question, getting an answer, and later finding evidence to show that the answer was a lie. They were asking him about statements he made in transcripts they had in their hands at the time. They would know for certain, during the interview, if he was telling the truth or lying about what he said in those transcripts.

On the same day of the interview, when everything Flynn said was still fresh in their minds, the Agents did a draft FD-302 and told the Director of the FBI that Flynn did not lie to them. Over three weeks later, Strzok , submits a final version of the FD-302 that stated Flynn did lie during the interview. 

Did Strzok lie the day of the interview when he said there was no indication that Flynn had lied to them? Or, did he lie in the final version of the FD-302?

Because, they can't both be true.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Prickly Pete said:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that email....there are just so many cracks in their stories that I lose track.

Most people have. We’ve got incredibly lengthy posts on here debating whether Peter Stunk was a bad actor! Really? This is where they believe the story goes? 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I won't disagree with issues regarding the Obama Administration. However, that is a separate issue from what the FBI did to Flynn. They are both important. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I won't disagree with issues regarding the Obama Administration. However, that is a separate issue from what the FBI did to Flynn. They are both important. 

The FBI was working with and for the Obama Administration! They’re the same thing!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The FBI was working with and for the Obama Administration! They’re the same thing!

And how do you propose you get to the higher levels without following the evidence that starts far below?

Is there an Obama letter that says, I did it?

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

They are related in terms of the conversations Flynn had with the Russian Ambassador; however, they are different in terms of what was done by each. They both need to be pursued.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Excellent summary 59, thanks for that!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

And how do you propose you get to the higher levels without following the evidence that starts far below?

Is there an Obama letter that says, I did it?

Not by arguing every little point on a chat room...that’s for sure! I’ll leave the witness interviews to the investigators. It should be OBVIOUS by now that this goes way past Comey. Durham needs to turn the screws and get people to turn. Just like Mueller and his cabal tried to do with Flynn, Stone and Manafort. 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

They are related in terms of the conversations Flynn had with the Russian Ambassador; however, they are different in terms of what was done by each. They both need to be pursued.

We already know the answer. When interviewed, Comey bragged that he ‘sent them in there’. The open question is how high ABOVE Comey does it go....not how far below him.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not by arguing every little point on a chat room...that’s for sure! I’ll leave the witness interviews to the investigators. It should be OBVIOUS by now that this goes way past Comey. Durham needs to turn the screws and get people to turn. Just like Mueller and his cabal tried to do with Flynn, Stone and Manafort. 

We already know the answer. When interviewed, Comey bragged that he ‘sent them in there’. The open question is how high ABOVE Comey does it go....not how far below him.

I am not sure what you are arguing here. None of these things we are discussing are insignificant and they all contribute to eventually determining who had culpability and to what degree. Why would you eliminate one avenue of investigation when it could lead you to where you ultimately want to get?

• Like (+1) 4