DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why should we trust this man? Here's Brennan, suggesting intelligence exists, then backing away with the slimy "I won't go into classified information", only to finally relent and admit there is none. 

DiW8JSJXUAAAZcK.jpg

willie geist is just about the dullest personality on tv.  beyond that, it seems clear that the russians may have evidence that donald trump may have given mark david chapman a gun and directions to john lennon's house in 1980.  chapman/lennon/djt/real estate/nyc.  it seems pretty clear now, especially because brennan has implied...that trump knows.  if, as I now suspect, he did know, he wouldn't not know, because he knew or would have known.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 2

Wonder if they will hand him over to Mueller?

Lenin Moreno traveled to London on Friday for the ostensible purpose of speaking at the 2018 Global Disabilities Summit (Moreno has been confined to a wheelchair since being shot in a 1998 robbery attempt). The concealed, actual purpose of the President’s trip is to meet with British officials to finalize an agreement under which Ecuador will withdraw its asylum protection of Julian Assange, in place since 2012, eject him from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, and then hand over the WikiLeaks founder to British authorities.

Moreno’s itinerary also notably includes a trip to Madrid, where he will meet with Spanish officials still seething over Assange’s denunciation of human rights abuses perpetrated by Spain’s central government against protesters marching for Catalonia independence. Almost three months ago, Ecuador blocked Assange from accessing the internet, and Assange has not been able to communicate with the outside world ever since. The primary factor in Ecuador’s decision to silence him was Spanish anger over Assange’s tweets about Catalonia.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/21/ecuador-will-imminently-withdraw-asylum-for-julian-assange-and-hand-him-over-to-the-uk-what-comes-next/

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Each application got longer and longer. So they were using information they had gathered to show they needed to continue to gather more from this clown

Please explain to us, by using facts, why Carter Page deserved this kind of surveillance. Put you big boy pants on and actually make a case for it. I bet you run away instead.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Please explain to us, by using facts, why Carter Page deserved this kind of surveillance. Put you big boy pants on and actually make a case for it. I bet you run away instead.

Do you mean aside from the fact the FBI thought he might be a target of Russian intelligence? 

This is a great thread (it is longer than 14 tweets). 

As someone said in the comments, The FBI wouldn’t release news that made them look good on a Saturday night.  Even heavily redacted, the FISA court + the FBI do not look good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

If Page is a Russian spy why the !@#$ isn’t he under arrest? Answer THAT anybody. Anybody. Anybody?

Great question! Maybe they flipped him and he is working for our side now. By "our side" I mean the USA, the good guys. 

First Thoughts On the Carter Page FISA Application
by John Hinderaker

Original Article

Given that most of the application that Barack Obama’s Department of Justice submitted to the FISA court to obtain a surveillance order on Carter Page has been redacted, what we can say about the application is limited. Still, a few things stand out.

First, the FISA application expresses confidence that Page was an agent of the Russian government, and engaged in criminal activity.

But Page has never been charged with anything. Accordingly, the least we can say is that Obama’s FBI and DOJ were wrong.

Second, the application’s description of Christopher Steele and the provenance of his dossier was misleading at best:

The “identified U.S. person” is Glenn Simpson, the head of Fusion GPS. Source #1 is Christopher Steele. The DOJ’s statement that “the FBI speculates that the identified U.S person [Simpson] was likely looking for information that could be used to discredit Candidate #1’s [Trump’s] campaign” could only have been an intentional effort to deceive the FISA judge. The FBI was perfectly well aware that the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC hired Simpson through their lawyers, and the purpose of doing so was to attack candidate Donald Trump. References to “speculation” about “likely” motives are entirely dishonest.

Third, the application relies to an astonishing degree on anti-Trump news stories published in the Democratic Party press. Does the FBI really get surveillance warrants on the basis of partisan press accounts?

Apparently so.

more at the link:

Edited by B-Man

From the limited time I've been able to spend on the released application:

1) The FBI never verified the dossier, instead relied upon media reports to strengthen its claims (this was long speculated, now proven)

2) Most of, or at least a large portion, of them are fairly easy to figure out the context. 

IF THIS IS THE BEST THAT MUELLER CAN COME UP WITH …

Department of Justice officials purposely or otherwise may have revealed a key part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s expected collusion case against President Donald Trump.

For some odd reason, I am reminded of Cap’n Dan way up on that shrimp boat’s mast venting his fury against God in “Forrest Gump.”

by Mark Tapscott permalink.gif 

BYRON YORK: Why is Mueller handing off key cases? 

“What is going on? I asked a few former federal prosecutors if they saw any messages in Mueller’s move.

The takeaway: These aren’t encouraging developments for those longing for a big collusion/conspiracy/coordination indictment from Mueller.”

I think what I find most interesting is that the FISA application as released is so heavily redacted that it tells us almost nothing we didn't already know.

Which makes its release nothing more than a marketing stunt.