Pats* issue seldom-used May 9 tender to LeGarrette Blount

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19352288/new-england-patriots-issue-rare-9-tender-legarrette-blount

The tender, which is a seldom-used mechanism, means that if Blount remains unsigned past July 22, he can only play for the Patriots during the 2017 season. If he signs before that date with another team, Blount would count toward the 2018 compensatory draft pick formula. The tender carries a value of 110 percent of a player's base salary from the year before, which would amount to $1.1M for Blount.
There was an expectation that Blount's market, which has been quiet to this point, would pick up now that the date has passed that unrestricted free agent signings do not count toward the compensatory formula, but this tender could cool a potential market.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys just don't miss a beat. Feel sorry for Blount getting screwed after 1661 YD season. I hope it causes FAs to pause b4 signing with the Pats.

...BB prefers to be the screwor versus the screwee.......would you expect anything less from the master?................

Those guys just don't miss a beat. Feel sry for Blount getting screwed after 1661 YD season. I hope it causes FAs to pause b4 signing with the Pats.

How is he getting screwed? The pats don't want to lose him for nothing, but if he was good enough a team would sign him. The same way the Pats signed Gills because they thought he was worth a 5th

Those guys just don't miss a beat. Feel sry for Blount getting screwed after 1661 YD season. I hope it causes FAs to pause b4 signing with the Pats.

1161* :thumbsup:

But, leading the league in rushing touchdowns and still get the crap end of the stick is a raw deal.

...BB prefers to be the screwor versus the screwee.......would you expect anything less from the master?................

Nope. Nothing less.

The Master is alive and well.

How is he getting screwed? The pats don't want to lose him for nothing, but if he was good enough a team would sign him. The same way the Pats signed Gills because they thought he was worth a 5th

Why didn't they work a deal I wonder ?

1161* :thumbsup:

But, leading the league in rushing touchdowns and still get the crap end of the stick is a raw deal.

How is this a raw deal? He can still sign elsewhere and the team singing wouldn't have to give anything up...

Plus, the market wasn't exactly great for him to begin with.

Moreover, there is no saying the pats would get a comp pick. It's based on what he signs for...

Downside he makes money to be on the best team in the league.

Edited by BillsFan17

Belichick is really above everyone else.....BTW, it doesn't really screw Blount...the comp pick does not come from the team who would pick LB...Would the Giants or Lions hesitate to pick him up because NE will get a 5th next year ?.....I don't think so....

That chess vs checkers is getting old, but it is accurate....

So lets screw them and sign him!

That would actually help them....

Belichick is really above everyone else.....BTW, it doesn't really screw Blount...the comp pick does not come from the team who would pick LB...Would the Giants or Lions hesitate to pick him up because NE will get a 5th next year ?.....I don't think so....

That chess vs checkers is getting old, but it is accurate....

That would actually help them....

Ugh god your right!