Marty Hurney: Bills hit a homerun!!

I love the you linked fans' perspective and you have a post making it a racial thing. Stay classy.

And yet a lot of the folks here were happy that we had hired a black GM. Also many of the folks are long term posters on this board also questioned the hiring of Whaley at that time. Facts is facts. Get over yourself.

“Brandon has a feel for every facet of the football side of things – from personnel to the salary cap to operations to everything. You name it he has been involved with it. He has a great feel. He is one of the hardest workers you will find. He is one of the most competitive guys you will find, but that’s what drives him. He is exceptional.”

Well yeah, other than that, and 19 years with the Panthers, what has he done in the league!? :beer:

Coincidentally, Sirius NFL is talking about the hire (Bruce Murray and Mark Dominik) and seem impressed too...

- Knows a lot about everything (is a big picture thinker)

- Good hire, comfort level with McD, knows how he works

- Gettleman put him in a great position to ascend in the NFL (Gettleman has been a part of 7 SB teams?)

BTW, Dominik also said that Bills have a very solid roster and have a lot of pieces to work with, fwiw.

Any chance he could change his first name to something besides Brandon? Bad karma given that it's Russ's last name and that's gotten us to perpetual 7-9.

I think Russ should change his first name to Brandon.

Brandon Brandon.

C'mon, say it with me.

There were tons of positives coming out about Whaley at the time we hired him

as for Bills fans opinions on the matter.... who cares the negatives are same ones complaining now and would complain and find reasons for people to be fired if we went 10-6 this year

I really think the only goal of some Bills fans is to lob grenades into every thread to some how bring satisfaction to their miserable lives. You can't have a single thread without these fools

Very true. I know everyone hates him now but there was a ton of positive things said when we hired Whaley.

Here is my problem with Whaley. Whaley was hired here with the "Steelers Pedigree"...for having the knowledge of the Steeler way of doing things....However, everything Whaley did here was un-steeler-like....Paying huge money to FAs, giving up draft picks to trade up....things that the Steelers don't do....