PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could've won other games. Like Baltimore and Pittsburgh?

Except this debate is centered on Tyrod's comparison to other QB's. No one thinks he is better than Flacco or Roethlisberger. There are some people who point to the Miami games as evidence that he isn't as good as Tannehill. That point is defeated by the fact that our defense lost those games while Tyrod played well.

This offseason is entirely on McDermott.

Whaley has been on-ice since before the trigger was pulled on ANY personnel decisions.

I love the people who say "it's Overdorf" wrt the contracts.......perhaps that's the case with minutia.........but LOL give me a break with the people that think the personnel department isn't setting the tender amounts. :lol:

For the sake of clarity (aka who to blame or give credit) going forward, I declare McDermott owns every move since Jan 2017. I'm sure Whaley and the scouts did their jobs but in the end McD made the decisions. Even when they hire a new GM, it will still be McDermott's show. It's not a good thing or bad thing right now. It's just what is. At least one can say the Bills have never had this power structure before. Let's see if it works.

For the sake of clarity (aka who to blame or give credit) going forward, I declare McDermott owns every move since Jan 2017. I'm sure Whaley and the scouts did their jobs but in the end McD made the decisions. Even when they hire a new GM, it will still be McDermott's show. It's not a good thing or bad thing right now. It's just what is. At least one can say the Bills have never had this power structure before. Let's see if it works.

That's fair. Also the reason why I want him to pick the GM, no turning back now. If he is the guy that they believe he is then let him run with it!

That's unprovable, but just as plausible as if TT made a handful of more plays against Baltimore and Seattle, we also would have made the playoffs.

Baltimore has a far superior defense. And Tyrod played perhaps the best game of his career against Seattle. We lost that game because of a series of unfortunate events at the end of the first half and, again, an inability to make any defensive stands.

Except this debate is centered on Tyrod's comparison to other QB's. No one thinks he is better than Flacco or Roethlisberger. There are some people who point to the Miami games as evidence that he isn't as good as Tannehill. That point is defeated by the fact that our defense lost those games while Tyrod played well.

He played well in the second Miami game but the first one he struggled most of the game.

That's fair. Also the reason why I want him to pick the GM, no turning back now. If he is the guy that they believe he is then let him run with it!

WGR just reported Beane is returning for 2nd interview. If McDermott wants him, then get him. He owns this now.

If your offense averages 24 points a game and you end up 7-9, guess what? You have a defensive problem.

Yeah, that's been my point all along. Tyrod isn't perfect, but he also isn't the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

Taylor absolutely did not play well the first Miami game.

He played well in the second Miami game but the first one he struggled most of the game.

True, but he still had a better rating than Tannehill and rushed for a touchdown. And that still doesn't excuse the defense giving up 200 rushing yards to one guy.

Edited by MPT

Yeah, that's been my point all along. Tyrod isn't perfect, but he also isn't the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

If your offense averages 24 points and your defense averages 23 points (which everyone seems to forget) and you're STILL 7-9, then maybe you DO have to look at your quarterback. You know, for those close games and all. Not like he's the most important player on the team or anything.

that is very debatable.

Score more than once and the Ravens game that they lost by 6

Score first in OT against the Fins and the Bills WIN.

Don't give up the passing game vs the Raiders in the 2nd half with one of the worst passing defenses.

three games would = WC and playoffs.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Baltimore has a far superior defense. And Tyrod played perhaps the best game of his career against Seattle. We lost that game because of a series of unfortunate events at the end of the first half and, again, an inability to make any defensive stands.

Except the defensive stand that gave TT the ball to win the game.

that is very debatable.

Don't give up the passing game vs the Raiders in the 2nd half with one of the worst passing defenses.

i cant freaking believe anyone would pin anything from that game on taylor. what the hell more do you want from the guy there? he plays out of his mind in that game as whole. drives down for the go ahead score with less than a minute left. then put together a good drive in OT before an absurd reverse to bush ruins it and then the kicker misses the kick......... and somehow you find something to b*tch about there. YIKES.

btw. i agree taylor left plays on the table all season long and it may have cost us..... but on the season as whole one unit did their jobs way better than the other.

i just cant believe anyone would try and use that 2nd miami game as an argument against him. thats absurd to me.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Why does McD even need "apologists" when he hasnt even HC'd a NFL game yet?

it's sad. can we at least let the guy coach a few games before we determine he's the root of all evil?

that is very debatable.

The second two have nothing to do with Tyrod. And yes, I suppose if a quarterback scores more touchdowns, his team will win more games. That's not exactly rocket science. But it's not very relevant either. The question is: when the year is over and you're evaluating your strengths and weaknesses as a team, do you try and improve your top ten offense or your bottom ten defense first? Which will have more of an impact?