Aaron Williams

For all intents and purposes Landry ended his career last fall. He will never be able to lead with his helmet. And as much as I admire AW for all his time in Buffalo, he probably won't even see a vet min. deal....

You should not lead with helmet anyways. If he has to lead with it then he should not be playing any more than player who injured him should be playing. In the latter case the NFLPA protects the bad apples as much as good but the bad apples need more protection including protection of the good apples.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron's tackling style likely weakened his neck over time.

and then a random hit could have been enough of a tweaking.

Fundamentals. Coaching.
It matters.
winning and statistics over driving the league.

Still need to play sound football. and please keep ethics as a requirement too. Top to bottom

• 1 month later...

@aaron_wilsonNFL

Former Bills safety Aaron Williams to visit the Texans on Thursday, according to sources. Former Longhorn standout healthy now, per source.

Ugh. I really hope for his sake nothing terrible happens. So hard to walk away from the game.

You should not lead with helmet anyways. If he has to lead with it then he should not be playing any more than player who injured him should be playing. In the latter case the NFLPA protects the bad apples as much as good but the bad apples need more protection including protection of the good apples.

The players would have reacted to a dirty hit.

You wouldn't care at all about the situation except it was a Bill that was injured, and a good guy at that.

The players would have reacted to a dirty hit.

You wouldn't care at all about the situation except it was a Bill that was injured, and a good guy at that.

Somebody call Ryan Miller and tell him that.

Landry's hit was flat out dirty.

He should have been ejected on the spot! There's no room in sports for that kind of thing.

Yes he should have and that penalty should be used more often.

totally legal crack back.

Of course it was which is why he was penalized in game and post game. Sounds like you are a big supporter of crack.

What if he stays healthy and plays at a high level all year?

I would love it. If this were to happen would he go again the following year or be happy to leave the field on his own and hang em up? My bet is he'd hang em up

Ia calling for a ban on those whom don't use the search function. They diminish the quality of thought and effort in to the board that clearly shows a lack of desire to fit in,aadapt or even care.

Am I the only person on here who thinks that the search function on this site absolutely sucks?

I have tried using it plenty of times in the past - searching for things that I know are on here - and still couldn't find them using it.

I had to manually dig through historical posts looking for what I wanted wasting more time than it was usually worth.

If mods want people to use it more, I say improve the damn thing so it actually works well.

A suggestion: Try this perhaps.

The search function should allow you to search for custom phrases and snippets anywhere in any thread on the forum (or at least a majority of the). If your search function doesn't allow that - then it sucks - like really, really, really sucks.

One situation I can think of recently : I remember someone making a claim about a player or a scenario in a thread that wasn't directly related to that thread topic but it was very interesting commentary nonetheless. A few days later I come back looking for that thread so that I can add to that discussion - and can't find it. Can't remember the topic of the original thread therefore - can't find it on this site. But the part that sticks in my memory is the approximate wording that person used when making his claim. If that was searchable by anything resembling normal search engine standards, then it would take about one minute or less to find it. Instead , on this site you have to dig through page after page on thread after thread trying to find that because of the entirely useless search function in the upper right hand corner. Fixing/Improving it would upgrade the quality of the site a lot in my opinion.

Edited by PolishDave

Am I the only person on here who thinks that the search function on this site absolutely sucks?

I have tried using it plenty of times in the past - searching for things that I know are on here - and still couldn't find them using it.

I had to manually dig through historical posts looking for what I wanted wasting more time than it was usually worth.

If mods want people to use it more, I say improve the damn thing so it actually works well.

I once tried searching for Dak. Turns out searching for 3 letter words is not a valid option.

A suggestion: Try this perhaps.

The search function should allow you to search for custom phrases and snippets anywhere in any thread on the forum (or at least a majority of the). If your search function doesn't allow that - then it sucks - like really, really, really sucks.

its difficult to use often. Jack is the only one who is an expert at it.

I once tried searching for Dak. Turns out searching for 3 letter words is not a valid option.

its difficult to use often. Jack is the only one who is an expert at it.

Here is an example: In my last response I typed the phrase " the search function on this site absolutely sucks "

Is it unreasonable for a user to expect to be able to do a search using the friggin "SEARCH" function on the site and find the thread/post where that exact phrase is embedded?

It should return it immediately with the closest match at the top of the search list. That type of feature has been available to websites for like 20 years or so.

Maybe this search feature on this site will do that, but if it is capable of doing that, it is certainly not intuitively obvious how it works.

I can honestly say that every single time I have tried using the search feature on this site it has failed me and been utterly and completely useless.

I don't want to sound whinny. Not my intention. In all honestly I don't care. The only time I get irked is when I see the mods post an automated "try using the search function" B.S. to some noob poster who double posts about something being talked about elsewhere. I roll my eyes and chuckle - like how about providing a search function that works if you expect people to use it. If you can't provide the feature then don't complain to people on here when topics/conversations get repeated in more than one place.

The real irony here -

Now that I posted this opinion about the search function inside of an Aaron Williams thread - my statement about the search function will be buried on this site never to be found again by the end of the day whenever this post gets about 2 pages deep on here. Nobody will ever read it again and if they search for it by remembering the words I used - they won't be able to find it. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Edited by PolishDave