NFLPA to focus on marijuana for therapeutic reason

It really is a nice "ace in the hole" for the owners. No one looks good at the moment with it. The owners can "give" on the marijuana policy while taking back something from the players.

Absolutely no. If they do it once the NFLPA will think they are weak and look for more concessions. The way you make it work by coupling it with a safety issue NFLPA resists - penalizing repeat offenders who hurt players with cheap shots while violating rules. NFLPA appeals these fines/suspensions despite players clearly being in the wrong.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely no. If they do it once the NFLPA will think they are weak and look for more concessions. The way you make it work by coupling it with a safety issue NFLPA resists - penalizing repeat offenders who hurt players with cheap shots while violating rules. NFLPA appeals these fines/suspensions despite players clearly being in the wrong.

We are saying the same thing. The league isn't thrilled with the marijuana rules at the moment either. They will certainly bend but they aren't going to do so without something in return. Your suggestion is a good one.

You could probably just stand there and catch a buzz.

Funny story, two seasons ago had my nephew w me, he was 11 (for the record I stay 100% sober when I take the kids, not even one beer. I enjoy their company more than any buzz). Anyhow, the dank odor kept wafting over and he's like "ew! what's that smell? I smell it and then it goes away, but then it comes back!", and I'm like "don't know pal, weird right??"

Fwd to last season, he's 12. The dank wafts over again and the kid's like "you guys smell that WEED?".

What a difference a year makes.

So is jaywalking, which could actually have a victim, unlike weed.

It's legal in at least two states. Medical marijuana is legal in most states. I would hardly call it ridiculous.

Ridiculous. Its a god damn crime.

Sodomy is illegal in Georgia.

So was alcohol once.

You can use marijuana just to get a light buzz too. You and Boyst are working off some bad info.

....wonder if this therapy could extend to message boards and obvious needs...............

Better solution is a device like drivers have to ensure you cannot puff and post. Yes I know some will never post but we can accept that for public health.

Oh its going to be tremendously ugly when one of the players show high as a kite and as such arent able to perform their duties for example at one of the tackle spots snd their franchise 100million very hard to find qbs career completely over because the need to get high over takes everyone rlses wellbeing on the team...

The league should let players use CBD products for painkilling and not allow the THC products if they feel that strongly about it.

wouldnt work

1. current research shows that although CBDs are the primary cannibinoids responsible for pain relief, they work better with some THC included as well

c. some conditions specifically respond to THC and not CBDs only. Mast cell disorders and other neoplastic diseases (ie. cancer) respond to the THC molecule far more than CBDs. as with pain treatment, it is better to have some CBDs in the formulation as well

although more conditions respond specifically to CBDs more than THC, it would only be a matter of time before a player had a condition that needed the THC specifically

you're forgetting pot is addictive. And by your fallacy-ish statement all of those whom take pain pills are addictive and destroying their body

red herring. Not contextually applicable to this conversation. If you wish me to participate by responding please dignify it with a response on the subject. Thanks

It's not addictive.

Pills even taken as prescribed is addictive.

i like it...when you've been called out, you try to get funny to cover up the ignorance.

listen, i don't have a situation. i'm a 39 yr old healthy guy who doesn't have back pain. there's a ton of issues in my work that lead to back pain, so i'm conscious of it. that's it. when someone make the comment like back pain in only psychosomatic, it's obvious you're not educated on the subject in any way, and probably should just avoid making sweeping statements so you don't look simple.

the rest of what you wrote is complete nonsense to cover up that you were just put in your place. for a 50 yr old guy who's ready to retire, you sure haven't become any wiser. sit back and learn a thing or two.

Your first sentence is the most true statement in this thread.

Oh its going to be tremendously ugly when one of the players show high as a kite and as such arent able to perform their duties for example at one of the tackle spots snd their franchise 100million very hard to find qbs career completely over because the need to get high over takes everyone rlses wellbeing on the team...

I think you were high when typing this. I had to get high to understand it

So weed becomes legal, players will play high.

What is stopping players from getting drunk before games since alcohol is legal?

I think you were high when typing this. I had to get high to understand it

I had to read it multiple times to interpret it.

The argument that making it legal means people will just be high all the time is a terrible argument.

So weed becomes legal, players will play high.

What is stopping players from getting drunk before games since alcohol is legal?

I had to read it multiple times to interpret it.

The argument that making it legal means people will just be high all the time is a terrible argument.

I use your same argument regarding alcohol. If you are against legalizing marijuana, you should also be against alcohol and tobacco.