NFLPA to focus on marijuana for therapeutic reason

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. Jerry Jones is starting to push the narrative in favor of marijuana. It is only a matter of time until we see a relaxation of the policy and something more like Hockey. Until then and beyond carry on, because there are any opinions on this board that matter to the Owners or the Players.

You could say the exact same thing about every other thread on this site.

If I owned a multi billion dollar business, I would not allow my employees to do anything that violated federal law. It is that simple folks.

Except for when they file a class action lawsuit against your organization for getting them addicted to pain killers. This is an alternative to that and it's potentially liability down the road which could easily be in the Billions.

yes. Its still illegal. You cannot arbitrarily decide which federal laws you wish to use. A federal law is a federal law.

Yet several states (and millions of Americans) do. The NFL is out of step on this one, IMO.

Ya'll know my opinion though, Legalize It. Especially for use as a pain killer in a sport where it's certainly not providing any competitive advantages! :D

If I owned a multi billion dollar business, I would not allow my employees to do anything that violated federal law. It is that simple folks.

Yet some employees live in states where it is legal. What then?

Yet some employees live in states where it is legal. What then?

IMO the NFL has to have a level playing field so you'd have to go to lowest common denominator. If you're going to whine about it, the whining should be directed either at the Feds, or the remaining States that have the restrictive laws.

reading is fundemental. Try it

no. Its fine here. There is no debate and should be no debate on the legality of it. Almost all of us work in locations and professions that should we fail a drug test we are fired. Why should the NFL be different? Because they're knuckle dragging idiots who play football really well? It is illegal and is part of their contract. I have no forgiveness to idiots.

no. Reading is fundamental. I'm all for legalization of all drugs. But as long as its illegal than it is illegal. And as long as its in their contract its against their contract. Read, brah

when prescribed and taken correctly. Your weak argument is akin to wanting to ban alcohol or guns because idiots use them the wrong way. Insert high five emogi for your thumbs up.

that was too much to read but I made it to the 4th sentence. And then something about the children.

Marijuana is just one item in the world that can reduce symptoms. I'm a firm believer in holistic medicine. And if pot heads simply looked to other options they could do well to relieve their glaucoma, anxiety, and other bull crap "ailments.". Especially those with back aches. They're psychosomatic and instead of them exercising and losing weight. They us a drug. That's pretty stupid.

And as far as it making people feel better. Try whiskey, Valerian root, hops, ginger root and some natural aspirin from the bark

do you really think backaches are psychosomatic and not neurological in origin? many times surgery and pain management are 100% needed to cure the problem. it's just wrong to think otherwise. there's a place for holistic medicine, but there's so much massive misinformation about it, it can be dangerous. people take these weekend warrior courses, and think they're experts.

Yet several states (and millions of Americans) do. The NFL is out of step on this one, IMO.

Ya'll know my opinion though, Legalize It. Especially for use as a pain killer in a sport where it's certainly not providing any competitive advantages! :D

yep. And we fought one war over it already. I'm ready for the next.

do you really think backaches are psychosomatic and not neurological in origin? many times surgery and pain management are 100% needed to cure the problem. it's just wrong to think otherwise. there's a place for holistic medicine, but there's so much massive misinformation about it, it can be dangerous. people take these weekend warrior courses, and think they're experts.

yes. I stopped after the first sentence. Read Dr sarnos' book on back pain. I've Ben advised to smoke pot. Been to drs. Have many back issues beyond scoliosis. Buuuut yoga exercise diet mentality and just being mindful of things like posture has healed it. And I'm an expert on the subject matter. I am god.

yep. And we fought one war over it already. I'm ready for the next.

yes. I stopped after the first sentence. Read Dr sarnos' book on back pain. I've Ben advised to smoke pot. Been to drs. Have many back issues beyond scoliosis. Buuuut yoga exercise diet mentality and just being mindful of things like posture has healed it. And I'm an expert on the subject matter. I am god.

maybe you should continue reading after first sentences so you'd learn something. i'm aware of dr. sarno. of course...you read a book, and now you get it. ever hear of bone spurs and compression of vertebrae? you can do all the yoga you want and it's not going to fit a damn thing. but since it worked for you, it obviously works for all situations, right?

you know when you talk like this, you come off sounding kinda simple? there's nothing worse than someone who has a pea sized amount of info on a matter, and truly thinks they're an expert. what you don't know could fill an ocean.

maybe you should continue reading after first sentences so you'd learn something. i'm aware of dr. sarno. of course...you read a book, and now you get it. ever hear of bone spurs and compression of vertebrae? you can do all the yoga you want and it's not going to fit a damn thing. but since it worked for you, it obviously works for all situations, right?

you know when you talk like this, you come off sounding kinda simple? there's nothing worse than someone who has a pea sized amount of info on a matter, and truly thinks they're an expert. what you don't know could fill an ocean.

bone spurs? Isn't that the bass player in that bluesband from the 60's?

Don't assume you know my situation. And I don't care to know yours. The bottom line isn't that it is a pain killer, its not. Its symptom relief. Like a lot of things.

I have a craving for arbys. Maybe I'm high. You know what else is high? Gas. In my day is fine up for $5. Of course, as a soon to retire 50something year old I just can't be in touch with what these hippies want.

no. Its fine here. There is no debate and should be no debate on the legality of it. Almost all of us work in locations and professions that should we fail a drug test we are fired. Why should the NFL be different? Because they're knuckle dragging idiots who play football really well? It is illegal and is part of their contract. I have no forgiveness to idiots.

Drinking is legal. Yet, it to is frowned upon by employers. They don't want their idiot drunks getting hurt on the job and or screwing up contracts.

I've seen my share of people stumbling back into work after a 2 hour liquid lunch.

Not sure if you are joking, but it reads as if you are calling all pot smokers, even the casual ones complete idiots.

Your references remind me of back in the day when living in Rochester we called the 315ers knuckle draggers because they lived in the sticks. (315 was the area code for those living between Roch and Syracuse).

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Drinking is legal. Yet, it to is frowned upon by employers. They don't want their idiot drunks getting hurt on the job and or screwing up contracts.

I've seen my share of people stumbling back into work after a 2 hour liquid lunch.

Not sure if you are joking, but it reads as if you are calling all pot smokers, even the casual ones complete idiots.

Ypur references remind me of back in the day when living in Rochester we called the 315ers knuckle draggers because they lived in the sticks. (315 was the area code for those living between Roch and Syracuse).

if you break the rules or laws you must be ready to pay the consequences. Period. Hash tag I think weed should be legal. Ampersand semi colon os copy. Weed is still dumb dollar sign

And as far as it making people feel better. Try whiskey, Valerian root, hops, ginger root and some natural aspirin from the bark

:doh:

if you break the rules or laws you must be ready to pay the consequences. Period. Hash tag I think weed should be legal. Ampersand semi colon os copy. Weed is still dumb dollar sign

You seem fun.

Here we go again. Jerry Jones is starting to push the narrative in favor of marijuana. It is only a matter of time until we see a relaxation of the policy and something more like Hockey. Until then and beyond carry on, because there are any opinions on this board that matter to the Owners or the Players.

You know Jerruh bakes.

Yes, please.

bone spurs? Isn't that the bass player in that bluesband from the 60's?

Don't assume you know my situation. And I don't care to know yours. The bottom line isn't that it is a pain killer, its not. Its symptom relief. Like a lot of things.

I have a craving for arbys. Maybe I'm high. You know what else is high? Gas. In my day is fine up for $5. Of course, as a soon to retire 50something year old I just can't be in touch with what these hippies want.

i like it...when you've been called out, you try to get funny to cover up the ignorance.

listen, i don't have a situation. i'm a 39 yr old healthy guy who doesn't have back pain. there's a ton of issues in my work that lead to back pain, so i'm conscious of it. that's it. when someone make the comment like back pain in only psychosomatic, it's obvious you're not educated on the subject in any way, and probably should just avoid making sweeping statements so you don't look simple.

the rest of what you wrote is complete nonsense to cover up that you were just put in your place. for a 50 yr old guy who's ready to retire, you sure haven't become any wiser. sit back and learn a thing or two.

A little puff helps the wifey tremendously with 'Aunt Flo' cramps.

Made some mild brownies for my mom while she was undergoing chemo treatments, and it relieved her neuropathy.

Neither scenario involves them sitting around simply being stoned.

wow...wowwww...

learned a lot about some long time posters here that changes how I have viewed them for a long time...

I am in shock of the ignorance being posted here, thats a shame...

wow

Edited by PaattMaann