5 QBs, only 3 will be retained.

What i do know in an offseason that McDermott ran he signed and Drafted two polar opposite skill sets than TT

If Taylor has a good season, he will stay. If he doesn't he will go. That's really all you need to know. The type of QB he is and who the others are is window dressing.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all we heard last year was Cardale was "not ready"

not ready to me means he didn't learn enough of the playbook.

now he has to start over and learn a new one ??

TJ Yates has a huge head start.

I think Cardale is in big trouble. He's not one of McD's guys.

I don't think "not ready" meant that he hadn't learned enough of the playbook. It meant a whole bunch of things needed to be worked on, from mechanics to reading defenses and on and on.

I don't think Yates is going to be cut! So many teams keep old vets around who know the system. Coaches hate not being able to run their full offenses, and neither Jones nor Peterman will be able to run Dennison's offense this year. There is a reason they brought him on. It's why guys like Chase Daniel, Derek Anderson, and Matt Cassel hang around forever. Cassel actually started a game for TN this season, and the Titans beat Houston, 24-17 despite Cassel's own modest numbers (16-26 for 150 yards passing). He can run an offense, and that's why has lasted 12 seasons.

Bank on it -- Yates will be on the team. If I had a farm, I'd bet on it!

I'd be happy to make a wager. I always seem to bet Bills hats on here. Interested?

I'd be happy to make a wager. I always seem to bet Bills hats on here. Interested?

I'll make a modest bet (given that I don't have a farm). What'll it be?

Whoops - A Bills hat is perfect. We're on.

Edited by dave mcbride

Peterman is also a Whaley guy...

Umm...I don't think so. Just because my pet is in the room when I order pizza doesn't mean he picked the toppings. By all accounts, McD had his hands all over this draft.

If I was a betting man, come opening week, TT is your starter, TJ is the backup, Peterman is your 3rd, and Cardale goes to the practice squad.

I don't even know where this other QB came from, but my guess is, he never even see training camp...not enough work to go around for 5 QB's.

I agree with this

say a potential playoff team loses their QB in preseason we might get a third for Taylor. We give CJ eight games, the coaches have to play to his strengths, ie the rocket he launched to Powell in last years Colts preseason game. the likes I havent seen since Kelly and Reed. No dink and dunk west coast offense. If he fails give Peterman his shot in tne more traditional west coast like alex smith in Kansas City. If they both suck we tank our season and maybe get Donald without having to move up in the draft.

trade Taylor, start CJ or Peterman, by this time next year we will know if we need to draft a QB. Thats the only other scenario.

then the Pegulas fire McD and the new GM for going 0-16. But they wait until opening day of the 2018 season to fire them because they disagreed on the final 53 man roster and the Pegulas will not stand for disagreements.

I get all of that. I guess my point is, if Tyrod is out 4 weeks you either play one of the young guys or "a Yates." If Peterman or Cardale is ready for those 4 games you roll with them. If not, you can grab Yates or Hill or Whitehurst or RG3 or Gabbert or Ponder. There are a bunch of guys on the street that can be the 2-2 vet. I don't see any value in protecting one when you can get one at any point. In fact, I would bet that if we cut Yates he would be one of those vets on the street that you could add. I can certainly see them only keeping 2.

How did it work out for Green Bay when they picked up Dennis Dixon or whoever that was? He stunk and the Cheese stunk. No thanks.

Perhaps Rick Dockery will be available?

I hope Cardale comes in and has a great camp.

I haven't read any stories about his offseason conditioning or how far he came last year in the Playbook, but I am more excited about him than I am about Tyrod or Nate Peterman.

Agreed. Unlike last year, Cardale is going to feel pressure to perform this year. Hoping the drafting of Peterman lights a fire under him. Competition is a good thing and often brings out the best in people.

I think the odd man out is Yates, if TT goes down the entire season goes down with him and we will be in rout to the no. 1 pick in the draft, so no need to keep Yates, he will not help to win games. I rather see if Cardel or Peterman are starting NFL QBs and give them some game experiece.

I think the odd man out is Yates, if TT goes down the entire season goes down with him and we will be in rout to the no. 1 pick in the draft, so no need to keep Yates, he will not help to win games. I rather see if Cardel or Peterman are starting NFL QBs and give them some game experiece.

There is something as well out there. Yates after training camp might be QB coach or some kind of coach on team. Not sure tho.

Yates out and TT will have a good season, shocking everyone. New coach. New GM. New scouts and now everyone is a Kim and Pegula guy. It took them two years to get there feet on the ground and now we go forward with there people. Kim never seemed to get along with Doug. Any reason for that? She might have her hand in this more than we know.

If I was a betting man, come opening week, TT is your starter, TJ is the backup, Peterman is your 3rd, and Cardale goes to the practice squad.

I don't even know where this other QB came from, but my guess is, he never even see training camp...not enough work to go around for 5 QB's.

Cardale wouldn't last on the practice squad. Someone will sign him to their active roster. I agree he's probably the odd man out along with Woodrum, but he definitely would not last on the practice squad.

Yates has done one thing Cardale and Peterman haven't- --won in the NFL. He's 4-3 as a starter and has thrown 227 passes he's on this roster no matter what. You want to lose a locker room do things that look like you dont care to compete. They will be mentally gone by week 4. Cardale goes on practice squad and Peterman is #3. The ole "sign anyone" is ignorant, Yates has done it if Tyrod goes down he's in

Cardale isnt going to be touched on PS he's put it on film

Edited by CardinalScotts