Bills GM Candidates

wppete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty big group of people to fire and then rebuild from scratch.

PLAYER PERSONNEL Jim Monos Director of Player Personnel Kelvin Fisher Player Personnel Advisor Rob Hanrahan Director of Pro Personnel Gerald Dixon Pro Scout Kevin Murphy Pro Scout Doug Majeski National Scout Chuck Cook National Scout Marcus Cooper College Area Scout Brian Fisher College Area Scout Matt Hand College Area Scout Shawn Heinlen College Area Scout Tom Roth College Area Scout Pete Harris College Area Scout Bo Taliaferro BLESTO Scout Jason Barbarino Player Personnel Assistant Collin Dotterer Player Personnel Assistant Ryan Hollern College Scouting Coordinator Ron Hughes Special Assistant Buddy Nix Special Assistant

Job Wanted: General Manager Buffalo Bills.

Job description: Come in and have no power over players, we have a guy for that. Be responsible for blame for salary cap and bad contracts but no credit for good ones. You won't get to talk to the press, we have a guy for that. Work 25-8 on scouting players but you don't get to choose them. We'll overpay though and don't mind paying you to leave. Come join our family!!!

Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL)

4/30/17, 9:06 AM

Rumor the #Bills looking at Scot McCloughan for a major role after firing their GM and scouts today.

That would be amazing. Have to help him with his drinking problem, get his life straight but he is a talent evaluation savant.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12014699/scot-mccloughan-nfl-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm

Job description: Come in and have no power over players, we have a guy for that. Be responsible for blame for salary cap and bad contracts but no credit for good ones. You won't get to talk to the press, we have a guy for that. Work 25-8 on scouting players but you don't get to choose them. We'll overpay though and don't mind paying you to leave. Come join our family!!!

It would be funny if it hasn't played out that way previously.

Haha. So true.

Russ Brandon will be asked questions in the New GM search.

Tell me again how he doesnt pull strings

Your confirmation bias is running wild today. Terry said they will ask Russ questions if they need to. You're drawing a conclusion that fits your agenda.

...too late..............

Eliot Wolf pulls out of 49ers GM interviews after receiving new contract from Packers

The Packers exec will remain with his current organization, after taking his name out of consideration for the head personnel job in San Francisco.

by Evan "Tex" Western@TexWestern

Jan 19, 2017, 11:46am CST

He later said that he knew he wasn't even a consideration for the job so that's why he took his name out. After that he was in the running for the Colts job but they chose Ballard.

Your confirmation bias is running wild today. Terry said they will ask Russ questions if they need to. You're drawing a conclusion that fits your agenda.

No i am connecting the dots because i know how Major Corporations are run. Thats all the Bills are.

No MANAGING PARTNER is not going to have input.

Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL)

4/30/17, 9:06 AM

Rumor the #Bills looking at Scot McCloughan for a major role after firing their GM and scouts today.

I hope not. Too soon after he was fired for a drinking problem. I wouldn't mind hiring him but in an advisory role only.

..."our generous employment package includes reserved space in our spacious VISITOR'S PARKING LOT just in case McD decides that you need to go..."......................

No i am connecting the dots because i know how Major Corporations are run. Thats all the Bills are.

No MANAGING PARTNER is not going to have input.

Giving input and pulling strings are not the same. You're connecting the dots that lead to the conclusion you're pushing.

Giving input and pulling strings are not the same. You're connecting the dots that lead to the conclusion you're pushing.

No i said pulling strings and ears. He is. He has input. Until he is gone he will have input in what happens with the Bills and Sabres.

Matthew Fairburn (@MatthewFairburn)

4/30/17, 8:45 AM

These Buffalo Bills firings do in fact extend to the entire scouting staff.

Also dont kid yourself the new GM is in place. McDermott has total control.

Next GM is going to be nothing more than the Head Scout like teams where HC has total power.

That's pretty obviously true now, which makes it exceedingly unlikely that some big name is going to be willing to take the GM job. So I have to assume the Pantherization of the Bills is going to continue.