Bills GM Candidates

wppete

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No self respecting GM would come here, when they know McDermott has final say. Just get that McDermott lackey Beane from Carolina

This will probably happen and in 2 or 3 years we will be looking for a new HC and GM. This never ends in Buffalo!

Because he's a PR/media communications guy, he's only had experience within one organization, I don't think carolina's front office is terribly impressive, and it seems like too much of a "yes man" move given the McD connection. Veach is a football guy with a good pedigree in the league.

He's been scouting. He was interim GM and handled personnel responsibilities during that stretch until Gettleman was hired. He's a football guy now and has been for a while.

You want a guy with more years of experience on the football side. I understand that desire. But Whaley had that, Donohoe had that, Nix had that and so do many personnel guys around the NFL who get hired and fired yearly. Experience alone won't guarantee success. Whomever is hired has to prove themselves so I'm not getting worked up over optics.

Edited by purple haze

Look what Theo Epstein did for the Sox and Cubs...

These younger guys are smart, new to the game (ish), and have the fire.

Not saying Beane is Theo but I like the idea of passing the torch to what would hopefully be a kid with fire vs a 65 year old guy that "knows what he's doing"....

A Statement that the guy that has been the common denominator of two Decades of SUCK still has input.

Of course he still has input. No idea why any rational thinking person would believe the president of the team would have no input. You're making it sound like he's still making decisions on football related matters. That's the part I don't agree with.

scot mccloughan rumors out there. What a great hire that would be.

Isn't he an alleged alcoholic?

Of course he still has input. No idea why any rational thinking person would believe the president of the team would have no input. You're making it sound like he's still making decisions on football related matters. That's the part I don't agree with.

Isn't he an alleged alcoholic?

Apparently he is. Someone posted an article from espn talking about this. That's too bad, he's a great football mind.

Can you imagine what a disaster it would be if we hire him and his drinking problem gets worse? Imagine those pressers.

Apparently he is. Someone posted an article from espn talking about this. That's too bad, he's a great football mind.

Can you imagine what a disaster it would be if we hire him and his drinking problem gets worse? Imagine those pressers.

I think the Pegulas have been inspired by McD's professionalism and how he's handled himself. It's what they want from both their teams so I have to assume the GM they hire has those same qualities.

link to the worst sports journalists in history

I refuse to read what Bedrock Times writes about Bills or GM candidates. Their lack of meaningful OR timely content is what forced me to come on this board.

Edited by CanadianFan

The Bills organization will be a great one to maintain sobriety, don't you think? ;-)

Not me I'm thrilled. Next up Russ and overdorf

Agreed.

Gil Brandt said that Whaley will certainly get a job but NOT as a GM, at least for the time being. He said he would have to do some work to ever get back to that capacity.

I am paraphrasing but this is what I heard at approx. noon today on Sirius.

Agreed.

Gil Brandt said that Whaley will certainly get a job but NOT as a GM, at least for the time being. He said he would have to do some work to ever get back to that capacity.

I am paraphrasing but this is what I heard at approx. noon today on Sirius.

Whaley would make a fine director of pro personnel. His best quality was finding bargain FAs that played above their salaries. It was his drafting, cap management and ability to build a team that I didn't like.