Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Even with those conditions and weak competition, I think he'll be hard-pressed to win an open comp.

I don't think McDermott will play favorites.

Sorry, didn't cath the sarcasm the first time.

We are 3-2 in games McCoy didn't play in at all over the course of Tyrod's time here. Maybe rethink this one.

Only 1 of those wins was against a team with more than 4 wins: the Jets season ender in 2015.

Only 1 of those wins was against a team with more than 4 wins: the Jets season ender in 2015.

That's like all our wins in Rex's time here, it has nothing to do with McCoy. And either way it's still true that the Bills would have won more than 2 games without McCoy so his point was still ridiculous. It's possible to dislike Tyrod without going overboard in the other direction. Edited by HappyDays

Tyrod has never lost a QB competition. He relishes them. It was for backup in Baltimore because Flacco was entrenched as starter. They brought in someone every season and TT crushed them for #2. He actually did beat Flacco too in scrimmages, too but little was ever said about it.

Crushed EJ and Cassel as well - it now seems comical but at the time it was 50% tops on this board that thought he would beat out those two.

FNG Peterman, TJ Yates and Cardale will be light work for TT. Even if he was being paid peanuts. Different level of talent.

Ya'll are crazy but funny.

Funny is you saying he beat Flacco in scrimmages.

Taylor is done as a starter after this season, and he probably doesn't finish this season as one if I had to guess.

Taylor fanboys need to come to terms with this.

He held the ball longer than anyone in the league. He took very few sacks. His receivers were almost always open, yet he rarely threw the ball to them. Oh, he also had the best running game in football to open up whatever they wanted to. He simply couldn't find them and when he did, he couldn't hit them when it counted.

He took the most sacks of any qb in the league.

That's like all our wins in Rex's time here, it has nothing to do with McCoy. And either way it's still true that the Bills would have won more than 2 games without McCoy so his point was still ridiculous. It's possible to dislike Tyrod without going overboard in the other direction.

The point was that you can win without your best players against really bad teams. If the Bills had beaten some good teams without Shady, that would hold more water.

Funny is you saying he beat Flacco in scrimmages.

Taylor is done as a starter after this season, and he probably doesn't finish this season as one if I had to guess.

Taylor fanboys need to come to terms with this.

First off, stop labeling people who have watched games and come to a different conclusion as you about a QB with 47 tds and 15 turnovers in first two seasons as a starter "fanboys." (i wouldn't call you a tyrod "hater").

Second, it's funny how when I talk to fans of other teams, I so often hear "you've got a good quarterback there" and most are shocked that so many Bills fans want him gone.

Why don't we see how it plays out and root for whoever is at qb to have a great season.

The point was that you can win without your best players against really bad teams. If the Bills had beaten some good teams without Shady, that would hold more water.

I thought the point was that without Shady McCoy the Bills are a 2 win team, which is patently false. Sounds like you're trying to read between lines that aren't there. I for one am skipping my record prediction this year. I have no idea what to expect other than I am 99% sure we win at least 6 games. We're not bottom tier, Shady or no.

No it shouldn't. There shouldn't be competition at QB, FB, RB, WR(1), TE, LT, LG, K, DE, DT's....

You could not be more wrong. You put the best players on the field, and that means everyone is always competing for that spot. Sure, you can get to a point where a player is so good there really isn't any chance of someone out playing them, but those are your Elite players. Every team, every coach, every GM is looking to put the best players on the field they feel will help them win. And in the NFL, nobody ever truly has absolute job security. Look at NE in our own division, the second Bledsoe got hurt for part of a season, a low round QB came in and kept his job and they moved on without a second thought. They almost kept Manning on the bench for that awful Brock because Manning's play had been so bad. Had brock played a sliver better, he might be a SB winning QB right now instead of an NFL after thought.

I don't care what your name is, you don't get to keep your job just because...you need to earn it and prove you are the best guy at that position on that team every year. Otherwise, you are just another Albert Haynesworth...cash in and just coast after because you can since you are being paid so much regardless.

I thought the point was that without Shady McCoy the Bills are a 2 win team, which is patently false. Sounds like you're trying to read between lines that aren't there. I for one am skipping my record prediction this year. I have no idea what to expect other than I am 99% sure we win at least 6 games. We're not bottom tier, Shady or no.

Fair enough.

You could not be more wrong. You put the best players on the field, and that means everyone is always competing for that spot. Sure, you can get to a point where a player is so good there really isn't any chance of someone out playing them, but those are your Elite players. Every team, every coach, every GM is looking to put the best players on the field they feel will help them win. And in the NFL, nobody ever truly has absolute job security. Look at NE in our own division, the second Bledsoe got hurt for part of a season, a low round QB came in and kept his job and they moved on without a second thought. They almost kept Manning on the bench for that awful Brock because Manning's play had been so bad. Had brock played a sliver better, he might be a SB winning QB right now instead of an NFL after thought.

I don't care what your name is, you don't get to keep your job just because...you need to earn it and prove you are the best guy at that position on that team every year. Otherwise, you are just another Albert Haynesworth...cash in and just coast after because you can since you are being paid so much regardless.

i couldn't be more correct, if you think there is competition for each starting position on the bills this season, you're delusional. Barring injury, we have many starters entrenched at their positions and going nowhere.