You tell me - Lattimore or White, 91st pick and 2018 1st?

Bills should have had their GM in place before the draft. The Colts hired Chris Ballard, a top name, from the Chiefs in January and had him run their show. Having the defensive coordinator from the Panthers pick players while Whaley, dead man walking. assisted is the sign of a team's total incompetence.

That doesn't explain the Bills not releasing them prior to the draft and using the information they provided. It has nothing to do with what other teams did or did not do. Do you believe McD came in with a head full of draft knowledge on each player and then shot from the hip at the draft? Tell me you don't believe that.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't explain the Bills not releasing them prior to the draft and using the information they provided. It has nothing to do with what other teams did or did not do. Do you believe McD came in with a head full of draft knowledge on each player and then shot from the hip at the draft? Tell me you don't believe that.

No, I think he decided to fill needs and used the Bills board as a guide. It's also possible that the next GM for the Bills was also providing him draft analysis.

No, I think he decided to fill needs and used the Bills board as a guide. It's also possible that the next GM for the Bills was also providing him draft analysis.

But in another post you said the draft board was already set up. That would indicate it takes a long time to set up. Where would this new GM have gotten the information to change what the Bills already had? Time line doesn't seem to fit in that case.

But in another post you said the draft board was already set up. That would indicate it takes a long time to set up. Where would this new GM have gotten the information to change what the Bills already had? Time line doesn't seem to fit in that case.

The new GM's primary role would not be in setting up a board which was basically done. It would have been to sit down with the coach and work out a plan to win the Buffalo Bills a Superbowl based on short, medium, and long term time horizons.

Edited by jeffismagic

I wanted Lattimore,I had him in my mock.

That said I love the trade down to 27 plus the 3rd rndr and the Bills still get one of Mayocks top 5 at that position.

The Bills top 3 picks were all in Mayocks top 5 for their position.

Maybe they used Mayocks board. ;).

Besides maybe I can Re-Pop my Gilmore rookie jersey.....he wore 27 in his rookie year;)

Edited by JMF2006

The new GM's primary role would not be in setting up a board which was basically done. It would have been to sit down with the coach and work out a plan to win the Buffalo Bills a Superbowl based on short, medium, and long term time horizons.

The scouting season was over after the draft. The perfect time to bring in a GM and let him settle in and get to know the situation with the team. They did the right thing and I have no issues with the draft. No one knows how it will work out but that's true with every draft. In my opinion, they did what they had to do.

White and the picks. I worry enough about tender hamstrings already. Very pleased with the outcome. I just wish KC sucked a little so I could be more encouraged about the first next year. Some freak epic collapse would not bother me at all. Tough division..... So?

In that division a team like the Chiefs could go 7-9 or so. I feel theyve had quite a bit of luck last few years. Theyre solid no doubt but some of their wins have been ridiculous.

It's been leaked that Buffalo was going to choose Lattimore had the trade never happened. So it's a simple question, would you be happier with Lattimore or the current situation???

No clue how to put up a poll but I'd love to see the thoughts and approval rating regarding the pick.

I'd choose​ White and the picks by a long shot. What about you?

Remember McKelvin was the best CB coming out of college in 2008, how did that work out for the Bills? I would take White and the picks.

I am very satisfied with what the Bills did in this situation.

I had wanted them to trade down in the first round, no matter who was on the board.

As soon as they did, I was one of the loudest fans in the auditorium.

Tredavious White is a solid addition for our secondary, and I think having 2 first rounders next year is huge for us.

Good job Bills. :thumbsup:

Based on the previous regime's analysis. Nope!

Right?! That is like saying every board is exactly the same. People's boards are so completely different. I do not like how the Bills handled it, but having another GM pick players based off a previous GM's assessment sounds really problematic.

Right?! That is like saying every board is exactly the same. People's boards are so completely different. I do not like how the Bills handled it, but having another GM pick players based off a previous GM's assessment sounds really problematic.

Well, that happened anyway except the GM was a coach with no front office experience.

True, but they had to be confident there would be someone at 27 that they liked. They probably thought either White or Humphrey would be available there.

I wonder if the Bills still make the trade if Corey Davis had been available at 10.

I'm sure that when the top 3 WR (Davis and Williams at least) were gone, they decided to trade down. And while I'm sure they knew someone good would be there at 27, I don't think money was their motivating factor in trading gown.

It's been leaked that Buffalo was going to choose Lattimore had the trade never happened. So it's a simple question, would you be happier with Lattimore or the current situation???

No clue how to put up a poll but I'd love to see the thoughts and approval rating regarding the pick.

I'd choose​ White and the picks by a long shot. What about you?

Since the latest change represents yet another philosophical roster reboot, even a bigger one potentially than we've seen in a while.... more picks is the right answer.

As Vic pointed out, McDome appeared to favor solid starters with acedemic success over flashy talents and superstar athletes in the draft... expect it will continue

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Whaley needs to be fired. We are just treading water. Replacing departing free agents with upcoming draft picks is not gonna get us anywhere. Cant honestly say we are a better team by letting Gilmore walk and adding White. We could have used that pick on an actual need. But since Gilmore is too expensive the drafting of CB is the right move. So 5 years from now when White wants top dollar its back to square 1 again?

Not everyone thinks drafting cornerbacks, letting them walk in free agency, and drafting their replacements is a great way to build a Superbowl team.

Same Old Bills.

If the Bills are in win now mode they certainly could have paid Gilmore. They decided they didn't want to which is fine. My issue is if you don't pay him and want to rebuild why not actually rebuild? Bills always middling things.

I have never said to draft a QB just to draft a QB. What I said was you don't pass on a QB if they have franchise potential if there is a guy there and you don't have a franchise QB. Coaches don't like to draft and develop QB's. Let's hope that McDermott has a plan beyond trotting out TT and the best veteran he can find.

Y'all act like there is no salary cap. As if a team chooses not to pay players because they don't want to spend the money, rather than they don't have the cap room to dedicate all the money to one player. I guess you're all thrilled we're paying Dareus and Clay as much as we are. Should have paid Byrd too.

I'm not saying there is no way the Bills could have made room for Gilmore. And we have no idea if White (or Lattimore) can come in and play as well as Gilmore. However, I'm willing to state that drafting a CB that plays as well as Darby LAST year (not even rookie year) on a rookie contract, plus another first next year with better QB options, plus the ability to gain potential starters at WR and OL from the extra picks received, plus the money left to get other free agents at other positions of need is worth more wins than paying and keeping Gilmore.

To answer the original question, I prefer White over Lattimore even without the extra picks gained. In our division we don't need a tall/lanky CB. We needed one around 5'11-6' who can cover a taller receiver if needed, but can also cover the shorter slot guys because he has agility and not just straight line speed. We need a safety who can help with the tall receivers over the top more than a tall CB who can be a liability against quicker WRs, and one who may have an injury concern.

Edited by timekills17

White and the picks. I worry enough about tender hamstrings already. Very pleased with the outcome. I just wish KC sucked a little so I could be more encouraged about the first next year. Some freak epic collapse would not bother me at all. Tough division..... So?

Very tough division, SD,Oak,and DEN for 6 games is brutal.

Plus KC lost Charles, Poe, Knives Davis, Jarvis Jenkins and didn't add much in FA. Didn't add much in the draft as far as immediate starters. A down year wouldn't be shocking, especially if they start slow,which has been a trait the last 2 years, and the fan base screams for Mahomes.