You tell me - Lattimore or White, 91st pick and 2018 1st?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me White and the picks as well. Not even close, although Latimore would have been the pick I would have made at 10 it was clear that the Bills had a ton of needs to address and that this was a deep class at corner where the drop off between Latimore and a DB take later in round 1 was not that huge as it would normally be.

Not sure why people ask these types of questions.

White was the only pro ready cover corner in the draft. Sure others were good but IMO White was the best.

This might pan out to be one of the best Bills drafts.

Yeah Yeah....we know.....you wanted what's his name.

Not everyone thinks drafting cornerbacks, letting them walk in free agency, and drafting their replacements is a great way to build a Superbowl team.

Same Old Bills.

Edited by jeffismagic

Not everyone thinks drafting cornerbacks, letting them walk in free agency, and drafting their replacements is a great way to build a Superbowl team.

Same Old Bills.

They had to let him walk. Couldn't afford him. If they are going to fix the unbalanced cap issues the answer is not to make it worse. Not everyone thinks they should just pick a QB with their first pick just to pick one. I you can't just pick a guy and hope he's the one. Not with your first pick. If you do that you had better know he's your starter. If they thought some one else was better they would have taken him.

This fixation that certain people have against drafting CBs is pretty bizarre. Teams replace free agent departures with draft picks all the time. Teams draft DBs in early rounds all the time. New England is actually one of the foremost practitioners of both. CB was an undeniable need that we addressed with a draftee of at least appropriate value relative to pick number. Right after executing a trade that accumulated a significant amount of additional draft capital.

It's possible to complain about the complete process of "replacing Gilmore with White," but this is actually a complaint about the way Buffalo handled free agency, not the draft. So then it would need to be established that Gilmore could and should have been retained. Since that was nearly impossible, it would become clear that what needs actually be impugned is the Bills' handling of the salary cap in the years leading up to the expiration of Gilmore's contract.

They had to let him walk. Couldn't afford him. If they are going to fix the unbalanced cap issues the answer is not to make it worse. Not everyone thinks they should just pick a QB with their first pick just to pick one. I you can't just pick a guy and hope he's the one. Not with your first pick. If you do that you had better know he's your starter. If they thought some one else was better they would have taken him.

If the Bills are in win now mode they certainly could have paid Gilmore. They decided they didn't want to which is fine. My issue is if you don't pay him and want to rebuild why not actually rebuild? Bills always middling things.

I have never said to draft a QB just to draft a QB. What I said was you don't pass on a QB if they have franchise potential if there is a guy there and you don't have a franchise QB. Coaches don't like to draft and develop QB's. Let's hope that McDermott has a plan beyond trotting out TT and the best veteran he can find.

If the Bills are in win now mode they certainly could have paid Gilmore. They decided they didn't want to which is fine. My issue is if you don't pay him and want to rebuild why not actually rebuild? Bills always middling things.

I have never said to draft a QB just to draft a QB. What I said was you don't pass on a QB if they have franchise potential if there is a guy there and you don't have a franchise QB. Coaches don't like to draft and develop QB's. Let's hope that McDermott has a plan beyond trotting out TT and the best veteran he can find.

what if they realize...like a lot of us do...that tyrod was not the reason we lost last year and our horrid defense was? that they felt adding talent on defense and keeping the number 7 offense in the league in tact was the best route. that getting extra firsts is a great way to add talent. also, opening up a lot of cap room in the future as well. you continue to focus so hard on tyrod without acknowledging how bad our defense was last year and cost us so many wins.

what if they realize...like a lot of us do...that tyrod was not the reason we lost last year and our horrid defense was? that they felt adding talent on defense and keeping the number 7 offense in the league in tact was the best route. that getting extra firsts is a great way to add talent. also, opening up a lot of cap room in the future as well. you continue to focus so hard on tyrod without acknowledging how bad our defense was last year and cost us so many wins.

If McDermott's plan is to build around Tyrod Taylor I hope he is shown the door ASAP.

That's BS and you know it. Everyone on this board knows who you wanted. You're not fooling anyone with the lame explanation. You never said pick one but if they have franchise potential take one? They took who they liked. They didn't feel the franchise potential was there. They did exactly what you said they should do yet you don't really like the pick? Who you trying to fool, us or yourself?

No one will argue this, but obviously the Bills thought neither Mahones nor Watson have franchise potential.

No one will argue this, but obviously the Bills thought neither Mahones nor Watson have franchise potential.

We have no idea whether Mahomes, Watson, or Trubisky had franchise potential on the Bills board. All we know is that Sean McDermott wanted to try to win games next year with Tyrod. Coaches don't like drafting and developing QB's which is why I said before the draft putting the long term future in the hands of a short term horizon coach was a bad idea.

Now that Sean has the keys to the Bills kingdom, his best play to remain in power is to win enough games to keep his job.

Edited by jeffismagic