CALL NASA - intelligent life has landed in Buffalo

theRalph

Obviously the drought has fried too many brains. We've just seen the most intelligent bills first round draft in decades. With two 2018 first round picks, the bills will be able to select the top quarterback available next year and embroider his name in the red carpet a week before the draft. I've read a lot of negative comments from tonight. The cup of ignorance and foolishness overfloweth.

Edited by theRalph

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure you are correct about the QB next year

However I agree 100% that while we have been only winning 6-9 games we should have been trading down all the years

And amassing more draft picks not less

Including comp picks

Can anyone name a single trade recently up where we gave away picks that has worked out

I can't

But just about every trade down has yielded better results

jc

If there's a great QB next year (I personally think it'll be a really strong class) and the Bills are able to move up to get him, this trade will be regarded as legendary. I would be happy if that happens and this goes down as a bright spot in Bills history. Only time will tell.

There is in fact ammunition to move up in next year's draft with 2 1st round picks

But to move up to where? That isn't getting you to #1 if there is a consensus top quality QB. It will get you into the top 10 where you might have a shot at the 2nd / 3rd / 4th guy in 2018. Will they be better than Watson or Mahomes? The Bills better hope so.

But to move up to where? That isn't getting you to #1 if there is a consensus top quality QB. It will get you into the top 10 where you might have a shot at the 2nd / 3rd / 4th guy in 2018. Will they be better than Watson or Mahomes? The Bills better hope so.

If next seasons draft has a much better crop of QB, then the Bills have 2 # 1's to work with to get a guy they love.

Will they be better than Watson or Mahomes? No one knows. All I can say is that quite a few "experts" think this seasons crop were only worth 2nd round consideration

Will they be better than Watson or Mahomes? No one knows. All I can say is that quite a few "experts" think this seasons crop were only worth 2nd round consideration

Those experts were always wrong in my opinion. NFL teams are not always right but they agreed with me.

Yeah late 20 first rounder. Is not great. Also should of got a 2nd instead of 3rd, according to value chart

According to the chart I looked at, the Chiefs would need to finish in the bottom 9 of the league for the draft value to add up. That is according to the chart and discounting the pick next year by a whole round of value. I was pleased we traded down, but I thought we could have garnered a little more value. I am very happy for next year. We won't be over a barrel in free agency, as long as we have solid draft picks available.

The national draft press listed 7 to 9 elite talents in this draft. That list did not including a quarterback. That same press has hinted at perhaps multiple elite QBs in 2018. The Chiefs will fall off this season. And the Bills have an opportunity to inflict one of those losses. Why "take a shot" at a quarterback in this year's first round that "might" be great when you have the opportunity next season to select one that "is" great.

It was my first thought, this trade back was all about planning to go all in on a QB next year....texted a friend of mine and said the same thing a few minutes after the trade happened. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chad Kelly in the 6th, but I think McD know is TT time in B-lo this year and wants depth at other positions.

Obviously the drought has fried too many brains. We've just seen the most intelligent bills first round draft in decades. With two 2018 first round picks, the bills will be able to select the top quarterback available next year and embroider his name in the red carpet a week before the draft. I've read a lot of negative comments from tonight. The cup of ignorance and foolishness overfloweth.

Problem is jets are going to suck this year and get the #1 pick which will be the guy from USC who is a beast and we get stuck with who? Josh Allen?

The national draft press listed 7 to 9 elite talents in this draft. That list did not including a quarterback. That same press has hinted at perhaps multiple elite QBs in 2018. The Chiefs will fall off this season. And the Bills have an opportunity to inflict one of those losses. Why "take a shot" at a quarterback in this year's first round that "might" be great when you have the opportunity next season to select one that "is" great.

Wow, the selective assumptions here are truly something.

Cleveland will have the #1 overall because they stink as well as a top 15 from Houston because they will stink. We will have a 10 and a 25. Hardly enough ammo to get a top QB. Cleveland will get their guy and we will get the 3rd best. This was not a great trade for us to fall back that far

Yeah late 20 first rounder. Is not great. Also should of got a 2nd instead of 3rd, according to value chart

Hey man, this is off topic but I keep seeing it and it drives me nuts. It's "should have", not "should of".

Grammar Nazi going back on patrol...