RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for laying that out differently. I agree with the premise.

A quick revision though... we could have released Tyrod, kept Gilmore, made the signings you mentioned and drafted Mahomes or Watson at 10. I'm not saying that it's definitely a better option. You certainly have more players and perceived value... but if either become franchise QB's that's the better play 100%.

Sure we could do that. That way we'd be in the running for 1st pick overall and risk ruining that QB by playing them too soon.

And for people complaining that we're just spinning our wheels by drafting a CB to replace one we let go... Isnt that the exact same thing by letting your QB go and drafting his immediate replacement?

Well, fans liking the pick actually means something cause we spend our hard earned money on tickets and merchandise..........and without the fans, there's no team.

You dig?

You base your fandom based on what happens on draft day?

I suppose there might be one fan in the stands that lives by that belief.

Bottom line with selecting a CB with yet another 1st round pick...A team normally carries 5 CB's. If they didn't SUCK at drafting, there would have been someone behind Gilmore ready to move up the depth chart...especially in the new HC scheme that allegedly doesn't require great CB play.

Bottom line with selecting a CB with yet another 1st round pick...A team normally carries 5 CB's. If they didn't SUCK at drafting, there would have been someone behind Gilmore ready to move up the depth chart...especially in the new HC scheme that allegedly doesn't require great CB play.

they do... Darby. He was Gilmore's replacement the day he was drafted. Edited by YoloinOhio

Didn't know anything about this guy prior to the pick, but he looks like he can ball! Best rated cover corner last year, and he played against the best within the SEC. The best part of all this, is that we gain another 3rd round pick this year and a 1st next year. Huge draft move that sets us up for the future.

Since Darby was starting OPPOSITE Gilmore last year and not on the bench BEHIND Gilmore, then where is the depth to replace Darby?

Gilmore was CB1 and Darby CB2. Darby now CB1, White/Seymour can be 2/3. Amazingly all drafted by the Bills. See how this works...

White's size and lack of physical play as per the scouting reports are my biggest issue with this pick, my second issue is just the feeling that the Bills are continuing to spin their wheels by doing what they always do. I do congratulate White and wish him the best, seems like a stand up guy and I always root for those types.

Another wasted draft pick for the Bills. That was the most uneventful pick of the entire night.

NFLN was speechless other than Mayock who was trying to be polite and talk a little bit calling him solid which isn't much of a complement for a 1st round draft pick while the rest of them just sat there silent with nothing to say about him.

Can't wait for the usual Bills spin saying he was a top 10 pick on their board or the top rated CB on their board, etc. The usual made up bs they try to sell us fans.

The only thing that could even partially make me feel better at this point would be the Pegulas cleaning house completely in the next few days.

Edited by CaliBills92

Another wasted draft pick for the Bills. That was the most uneventful pick of the entire night.

NFLN was speechless other than Mayock who was trying to be polite and talk a little bit calling him solid which isn't much of a complement for a 1st round draft pick while the rest of them just sat their silent with nothing to say about him.

Can't wait for the usual Bills spin saying he was a top 10 pick on their board or the top rated CB on their board, etc. The usual made up bs they try to sell us fans.

The only thing that could even partially make me feel better at this point would be the Pegulas cleaning house completely in the next few days.

And yet every "expert" loves the pick. But conplain away

@PFF

Pro Football Focus Retweeted Pro Football Focus

CB Tre'Davious White to the Bills was another one.

Pro Football Focus added,

C-fuXFJXkAABf4d.jpg
Pro Football FocusVerified account @PFF
Our favorite picks from RD1 CB Marshon Lattimore 27a1.png Saints ED Derek Barnett 27a1.png Eagles S Malik Hooker 27a1.png Colts…
SEAN MCDERMOTT: "VERY RARELY CAN YOU DO THAT" (12:37)

Head Coach Sean McDermott talks about the trade down and about 1st round selection Tre'Davious White.

I think I figured put why I'm disgruntled. I don't mind having White. He looks like a good fit for the system. It fills a hole, and he should be able to compete immediately and likely win the starting job.

The problem is, that's what you say about the second and third round pick. We made a conscious choice to move out of the range of high impact players for a good player.

I'm not saying it's the wrong choice, it's just that White looks like a second round pick that we took at the back of the first.

Gilmore was CB1 and Darby CB2. Darby now CB1, White/Seymour can be 2/3. Amazingly all drafted by the Bills. See how this works...

Thank you Mr Know It All. I bow to your superior intellect. Next time I'll remember that post count means everything.