Summer vacation plans you have made?

mead107

We have 2 weddings This summer. one in thousand islands and one in Memphis.

Long weekend at Loon lake

Short trip to Ithaca and Six Mile Creek winery to see our friends Mark and his wife who own it.

Trip to see Son and wife in Arlington Va.

Long weekend in Maine?

What are your plans

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas in late July with the wife. First time there. It's a work conference, but I only need to be there from 8:30-4:15 Monday through Wednesday, and we're going from Sunday to Saturday. Super excited.

Annual week with the fam in Wells Beach, Maine.

Week with the fam at my parents' place in Myrtle Beach late August. Golf and fishing.

Fishing trip to northern Quebec with my Father, Uncle, BIL and other friends in early September. Drive as far north as you can go, hop a float plane another 150 miles north. Small lake loaded with Walleye and Northern Pike. No electricity, no phones (except a satellite phone for emergencies), and no women.

It's going to be a good summer.

Flying back to the US for 4 weeks in late July. It's been 8 years since I've been back there. (Colorado, Rochester, Adirondacks, High School reunion, then 5 days in the California Redwoods before I fly back to New Zealand.)

I really hope to attend a practice at Bills training camp if things work out.

Let's go Buffalo!

We had a major flood in the house due to a leak before Christmas and have been spending a lot of $ remodeling the house. Unfortunately there's not much money left for vacations this year. We may do a long weekend at Rehobeth beach and a handful of day trips to Washington zoo and Hershey park.

Going back to Carolina Beach NC after a couple years of doing Florida and the Caribbean. Love CB. Great beach town. Oceanfront condos are very reasonable, the water's warm and the beach is great. Plus a funky boardwalk area downtown with some decent eateries.

What timing! Had lunch with my brother-in-law today who only has 3 unscheduled weekends before school starts back up (3 kids at camps, etc). Got me thinking! I came home and started researching a trip to the Cashiers, Highlands NC area. Easy trip from Atlanta and want to learn about it. Suggestions are welcome. A lot of people around us in Atlanta have weekend places up their, but I'm clueless.

Our son gets married in Nashville in October (and we get up there A LOT - including next weekend), so we're waiting until after that to plan anything else major. Side trips this summer, and hopefully Italy next spring.

Oh, there is an annual trip to St Simons/Sea Island in July. I always love that.

I LOVED the thousand islands as a kid.

family reunion on Vancouver Island

that sounds interesting. I will have to look up that island. Want to do the Canadian railroad through the mountains. (Not cheap)

Did not get off the boat in Victoria last year on our cruise to Alaska

Edited by mead107

Boston and cape cod in august. Maybe pittsburg tovcatch a pirates game.

My wife is in Boston monthly for business, and I cherry pick the summer trips up there. I do LOVE it in the summer. I have a sister in Providence and it was a great trip last year!

In many ways, I am very lucky! :)

Edited by Augie

Vegas in late July with the wife. First time there. It's a work conference, but I only need to be there from 8:30-4:15 Monday through Wednesday, and we're going from Sunday to Saturday. Super excited.

Annual week with the fam in Wells Beach, Maine.

Week with the fam at my parents' place in Myrtle Beach late August. Golf and fishing.

Fishing trip to northern Quebec with my Father, Uncle, BIL and other friends in early September. Drive as far north as you can go, hop a float plane another 150 miles north. Small lake loaded with Walleye and Northern Pike. No electricity, no phones (except a satellite phone for emergencies), and no women.

It's going to be a good summer.

Might as well cancel all in bold, no one can survive a week in Vegas

I try to work in vacations by extending business trips. This year I am planning vacation extensions in Denmark, China, and Morocco and will have my wife join me for the vacation part of the trip. Some will occur in summer but 1-2 might be delayed to the fall.