Bills OLB situation

I'll admit I'm not the Bills fanatic I used to be, but one of our starting OLB's is a situational pass rusher who was more of a ST guy prior to last season(Alexander) & on the other side, some guy named Ramon Humber. The guys behind them are even more of a mystery to me. I'm guessing OLB has to be addressed in the first 3 rounds, correct?

I agree totally. A guy like Hassan Reddick would be perfect if we could just trade down a couple of spots. We could still get him there and pick up and extra second or third rounder.

There are a few options in the second round as well, but none IMO that could be a guaranteed starter like Reddick right away. Peppers might also be there at 10 if there are any QB surprises before us. He could also translate into a good WLB if he could add 10 lbs to his frame. We will find out soon!

There is next to no hope for a big role from a rookie coming our way that would contribute as it should.

These guys everyone is obsessed with are one trick ponies.

We needed aj Klein and I'm amazed we diddnt eben try. Our d will get ruined in 2017 and be more embarrassing than the days of Kelsey linebacking.

I think you need another Labatts Blue! Clearly (according to all the other threads), we will be taking a quarterback in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. That should do it! If one of them can play OLB, the better!

How many teams are winning games consistently because of an OLB? This team has drafted for need and taken "safe" picks for years and it's gotten us nowhere. If the player grades are equal then I'd take a QB over an OLB every time.

I'll admit I'm not the Bills fanatic I used to be, but one of our starting OLB's is a situational pass rusher who was more of a ST guy prior to last season(Alexander) & on the other side, some guy named Ramon Humber. The guys behind them are even more of a mystery to me. I'm guessing OLB has to be addressed in the first 3 rounds, correct?

I share the same concern, we do need to draft an OLB. Hopefully we can do that early.

There is next to no hope for a big role from a rookie coming our way that would contribute as it should.

These guys everyone is obsessed with are one trick ponies.

We needed aj Klein and I'm amazed we diddnt eben try. Our d will get ruined in 2017 and be more embarrassing than the days of Kelsey linebacking.

Last year was pretty embarrassing, having 2 running backs rush for 200+ yards a total of three times, including two games in the last quarter of the season we needed to win to stay in the proverbial hunt.

Last year was pretty embarrassing, having 2 running backs rush for 200+ yards a total of three times, including two games in the last quarter of the season we needed to win to stay in the proverbial hunt.

thanks Rex.

Bradham would have been great in this d at Sam. Just saying

I'd love Reddick, Foster or Cunningham but there are some options in later rounds I like

Duke Riley

Elijah Lee

Anzalone (If he can stay healthy) to name a few

Jarrad Davis as well but I read somewhere that he could creep into the 1st

Edited by CNY315

I'd love Reddick, Foster or Cunningham but there are some options in later rounds I like

Duke Riley

Elijah Lee

Anzalone (If he can stay healthy) to name a few

Jarrad Davis as well but I read somewhere that he could creep into the 1st

Add Jayon Brown and Jalen Reeves-Maybin to the list. Both excel in coverage and seem like great fits as wlb/nickel backer in this scheme.

I'd be shocked if Davis made it to rd 2. I'd be ok with trading down into the late teens and drafting him there to be honest. He's a ball player and a good dude

Edited by NewEra

Add Jayon Brown and Jalen Reeves-Maybin to the list. Both excel in coverage and seem like great fits as wlb/nickel backer in this scheme.

I'd be shocked if Davis made it to rd 2. I'd be ok with trading down into the late teens and drafting him there to be honest. He's a ball player and a good dude

I like JRM too, if he was healthier this past year I feel he'd be a 2nd rounder or early 3rd, instead he's a 5-7th round pick for a team that runs a 4-3...he's a pure Will