Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Live crew raving about what a genius move this is and how this is the last piece of the puzzle for the Pats*. They also said they are clearly trolling us...

More like "trawling." It's obvious by what they paid Burkhead that they want MG and what they offered him is now the going rate for a RB2.

Let me get this straight. You're quitting your Bills fanhood over a back up RB? 8 days before the draft? Well if that's the case I don't wanna see you posting Willy nilly around here until you come to your senses. You need a timeout.

He's been beating this drum for weeks now. If the Bills lost their water boy he would be saying the same thing.

Why is everyone assuming this isn't exactly what the Bills wanted? More draft picks. If they put the 2nd round tender on him, he would be a Bill because no team would have given up a 2nd for him. At 6 carries per game, perhaps Whaley and McDermott think he can be replaced by JWs or an UDFA RB from the best RB class in years. So they get a back as an UDFA or pick one up with their last pick in the draft.

Gillislee is average to slightly above average... dime a dozen. Let him go. How many UDFA have we seen turn into decent backs?

Think about it. RB is one of the few positions that only needs just one guy. TE, QB, RB.... so there is a deeper pool. We all know the problem with finding Good QB's but there are 200 college RB that are available...

Also there are cases that WR's & TE's turn into RB.

let him go.

Edited by Iraq Vet

Why is everyone assuming this isn't exactly what the Bills wanted? More draft picks. If they put the 2nd round tender on him, he would be a Bill because no team would have given up a 2nd for him. At 6 carries per game, perhaps Whaley and McDermott think he can be replaced by JWs or an UDFA RB from the best RB class in years. So they get a back as an UDFA or pick one up with their last pick in the draft.

+1

That's what I was talkin' bout.

The Pats waited till the Bills thought for sure they had him cheap......now it's going to be hard for the Bills to swallow that deal.

But they should.

Well played by Pats.

So what, the Pats have money to spend and are overspending for players. Big deal. Not sure why that warrants a "well played" by anyone other than a Pats fan. The Bills had a threshold and insured themselves a draft pick compensation in case they lost this FA. Just what everyone thought they should have done with Hogan. Now it's a problem and well played by the Pats? Sick of the Patriot love on this board ... if this was say , the Bengals signing no one would give a f**k

queue the "dime a dozen" remarks.

Pats are toying with this franchise, even more than usual.

Queue the gazillion pages of posts lamenting a backup RB. This board is over the top Patriot ballwashing

You're calling it bad play calling when we were #1 in rushing two years in a row? How is that possible?

Talent is talent and playmaking is playmaking....that same team let go of one of the best pass rushers in Chandler Jones and best linebackers in Jamie Collins in one year. Those weren't talented or playmaking players?

I'm not justifying every action but I'm not going to cry with everyone either.

to your first point. we have McCoy and TT. Gills got 6 carries, even with McCoy being injured they still did not target him. in some instances they even went to bush. poor play calling for a team scratching and clawing to be relevant

your second point. NE is a destination team, with a very respectable and competent coaching staff. getting talented players to go there is not hard at all. buffalo does not, nor has it ever, had that luxury.

no one is shedding a tear here. just pointing out very questionable decisions being made my a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in almost 20 years. i think at this point it's warranted.

Bills are the worst team in the NFL. And it's not even close. I'm done.

It sucks the NFL draft lottery screwed the Bills so badly. To be the worst team in the league and have the 10th pick in the draft is a travesty.

Edited by elroy16

He's been beating this drum for weeks now. If the Bills lost their water boy he would be saying the same thing.

with the amount of hammy injuries clearly caused by dehydration (and lets face it, alcohol) on this team, they clearly need to pay more for their water boy than other teams. Edited by YoloinOhio

He's not done, none of us are but it isn't the backup RB, it's the never ending stream of terrible decisions made by Whaley and the front office.

Here's my issue. There's no doubt Whaley has flaws as a GM. However, he found Gilly, Z.Brown, Lorax and a number of other players people here considered to be warm bodies. Then they break out and people get upset when we can't keep them. We CAN keep Gilly and if we do great! If we don't we will find another player who will likely provide the same safety net and production. Did it when karlos ate his way out of the league and I'm sure there are a number of other examples. Jordan Freakin Howard was a 5th round pick last year. This is a talented RB class. I'd rather spend the 5th trying to find our successor to McCoy... Mike Gilleslee is not that. Calculated Risks, IMO this is a good one to take.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

to your first point. we have McCoy and TT. Gills got 6 carries, even with McCoy being injured they still did not target him. in some instances they even went to bush. poor play calling for a team scratching and clawing to be relevant

your second point. NE is a destination team, with a very respectable and competent coaching staff. getting talented players to go there is not hard at all. buffalo does not, nor has it ever, had that luxury.

no one is shedding a tear here. just pointing out very questionable decisions being made my a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in almost 20 years. i think at this point it's warranted.

I put that on Anthony Lynn and that was a major reason why I'm glad he's gone.

So most here think that Whaley has committed a fireable offense in blundering MG's RFA status by not tendering him at Round 2.

Why is it that NO OTHER TEAM submitted an offer sheet for him up until this point? If we so clearly undervalued him, would not all of the other much savvier GMs have jumped at the chance to acquire this talent at such a deep, deep discount?

So what, the Pats have money to spend and are overspending for players. Big deal. Not sure why that warrants a "well played" by anyone other than a Pats fan. The Bills had a threshold and insured themselves a draft pick compensation in case they lost this FA. Just what everyone thought they should have done with Hogan. Now it's a problem and well played by the Pats? Sick of the Patriot love on this board ... if this was say , the Bengals signing no one would give a f**k

Queue the gazillion pages of posts lamenting a backup RB. This board is over the top Patriot ballwashing

haha right. take a glace and the AFCE for the past 17 years. the Bills organization has the "ballwashing" under control.

Edited by 87168