Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams can't get better? I mean how much production were you expecting out of a 3rd string rookie?

Are you talking about the rookie who couldn't beat out the "dime a dozen RB" like Gillislee or get playing time over the great Reggie Bush?

Edited by LabattBlue

Considering what the Cheaters gave Burkhead (1 year deal for $3.15M after a 75 carry, 344 yard and 2 TD season), this is a good deal. I'd match it. Seems like the going rate for a backup RB now, although MG is a better backup than the others guys who got similar money.

As for the 2nd round tender, it would have retained him for 1 year. Then he's an UFA next year. This way they can have him for 2.

The 2nd round tender boosts the starting point for extension negotiations. At that point he's almost guaranteed to be a UFA in 2018. We can have him for 2, or someone else for 4.

I may tend towards keeping him... just because we draft so terribly in the late rounds.

The 2nd round tender boosts the starting point for extension negotiations. At that point he's almost guaranteed to be a UFA in 2018. We can have him for 2, or someone else for 4.

I may tend towards keeping him... just because we draft so terribly in the late rounds.

Yup.

Folks are acting like it was a binary choice: 5th round tender or 2nd round tender. It wasn't. They also could've signed him to a cap-friendly extension that would've avoided this entire problem.

Doug Whaley is decent enough at scouting and drafting players (although he has a horrible blind spot when it comes to scouting QBs). He has NO IDEA how to build a roster, plan for the future, or work seamlessly with a coach. Nor can he interface with the media or the Bills' community (ex players, etc). He is a horrible, awful general manager.

I'm really coming around to this. It might have been overreacting the first few times, but at this point... I don't think there's a plan.

Are you talking about the rookie who couldn't beat out the "dime a dozen RB" like Gillislee or get playing time over the great Reggie Bush?

you're right, players never improve going from their rookie year to their 2nd

Are you talking about the rookie who couldn't beat out the dime a dozen RB like Gillislee?

You really think the #2 spot was up for grabs after Williams was cut?

Williams didn't even play the year before.

Let's think....rookie who didn't play in 2015 or a vet who is coming back in his second year in the system?

I'm guessing you think players can't move up in the depth chart after their first year....Gillisee was always a #2 back right?