If the Bills lose Touchdown Mike.............

then draft this guy........

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000797826/NFL-Draft-Stories-James-Conner

He is complemeentary to Shady. Great at short yardage/goal line and at blitz pickup which are not McCoy's strengths.

His personal story makes for a unique lockeroom presence. He oozes "accountability" out his pores, you won't need to sell him on it.

He's from Erie, Pa which is in the heart of Bills, Steelers and Browns territory. This buys the Bills some extra credibility there which is a nice side benefit.

He patterns his running style after Marshawn Lynch. I see him as a 232 lb. version of Robb Riddick, who is one of my all time favorites.

He definitely would check off McD's boxes for character, metal toughness, leadership and other intangiables, I'm definitely a fan of his. But I think the Bills are pretty high on the back they drafted last year in Jonathan Williams. These guys have somewhat of a similar skill set in that they're both powerful runners, with Williams being a little looser and quicker-footed than Conner. I think Conner did a little more out of the backfield than Williams but other than that, I think they aren't too different. And after the draft last year, Monos said they envision Williams earning a starting role at some point, so that would lead one to believe that the organization has high hopes for him.

I hope (and think) that TD Mike isn't going anywhere. The Pats have been hosting FA backs simply to create leverage with Blount, I believe. On top of that, I can't see a team like them opting to pay for a veteran back with more mileage (unless it's Blount) rather than choosing from a pool of pretty talented backs coming out this year.

Edited by blacklabel

But Gillislee won't be any good in NE because Brady doesn't run with the ball and the only reason Gillislee was any good here is because of Tyrod. So in a twisted way it will help the Bills if Gillislee goes there because he won't be nearly as effective with the non running Brady, right. So we should want him to go to NE.

it would absolutely suck to lose td mike! there goes 30-40% of our ground game and no rookie is gonna make that up. why do the bills always have to lose a limb on the strongest part of the body? i don't get it. sign him now. do not waste a pick on a rb....like we have enough picks to screw around.

He definitely would check off McD's boxes for character, metal toughness, leadership and other intangiables, I'm definitely a fan of his. But I think the Bills are pretty high on the back they drafted last year in Jonathan Williams. These guys have somewhat of a similar skill set in that they're both powerful runners, with Williams being a little looser and quicker-footed than Conner. I think Conner did a little more out of the backfield than Williams but other than that, I think they aren't too different. And after the draft last year, Monos said they envision Williams earning a starting role at some point, so that would lead one to believe that the organization has high hopes for him.

I hope (and think) that TD Mike isn't going anywhere. The Pats have been hosting FA backs simply to create leverage with Blount, I believe. On top of that, I can't see a team like them opting to pay for a veteran back with more mileage (unless it's Blount) rather than choosing from a pool of pretty talented backs coming out this year.

They drafted Williams last year having Shady, TD Mike and Karlos. IF they lost TD Mike drafting a RB would probably be something we see. There are a lot of good ones this year and I LOVE Conner's game and mentality. He would be an excellent addition.

Edited by purple haze