Reuben Foster

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are lots of posters that are afraid to post because there is fear of being ridiculed, bullied, called out, etc. In fact, I know it is true. If people don't like a thread, don't post on it. It won't take long for it to get buried on page 2, never to be seen again.

Also, most people don't want posting to be a chore. I recently used the Search functionality before posting and it returned over 20 threads. I looked thru to find what they were about and none were about my topic. Normally, I wouldn't bother to go thru it and I believe most posters wouldn't.

As you said, people need to just ignore the duplicate threads and stop whining.

Today is the first time I've heard this, but:

Apparently, multiple scouts are worried about the people with whom Foster is surrounding himself. That off-the-field tomfoolery, together with his "leaving the combine because doctors made him angry" incident may cause him to drop.

Edited by Logic

I'm not a scout, but I don't see what everyone else see's in Foster. To me he looks like he's slowed down on the field because he's thinking too much. As a result, he seems to play smart, but reactionary football.

On the other hand, watch someone like Haason Reddick play. That guy attacks the offense and just plays faster.

Cliche to say this, but Foster has a higher floor, Reddick has a higher ceiling. But I'd take Reddick over Foster all day.

I'm not a scout, but I don't see what everyone else see's in Foster. To me he looks like he's slowed down on the field because he's thinking too much. As a result, he seems to play smart, but reactionary football.

On the other hand, watch someone like Haason Reddick play. That guy attacks the offense and just plays faster.

Cliche to say this, but Foster has a higher floor, Reddick has a higher ceiling. But I'd take Reddick over Foster all day.

They really are completely different players and positions

Reddick HAS BEEN primarily used as an OLB and edge rusher while foster is a true Mike

Reddick will never be a Mike Linebacker in the NFL IMO

Did you see him against Clemson in the championship game? He was ALL over the field making plays!

Id be for trading down twice, once down to 12 and then down to 16. We could get some serious extra picks to help us out either next draft or this draft, but a combo of both would be nice too.
Reuben at 10 im iffy about. maybe at 12 though.

Id be for trading down twice, once down to 12 and then down to 16. We could get some serious extra picks to help us out either next draft or this draft, but a combo of both would be nice too.

Reuben at 10 im iffy about. maybe at 12 though.

I'd LOVE that, but I'm afraid we won't be that lucky. And we would need permission. :(

They really are completely different players and positions

Reddick HAS BEEN primarily used as an OLB and edge rusher while foster is a true Mike

Reddick will never be a Mike Linebacker in the NFL IMO

Agreed. You are right.

To your point, I'd like to see what Ragland has at mike before adding another.

Edited by somnus00

Reuben Foster

Athleticism gives him cover ability that former teammate Reggie Ragland never possessed. Has Pro Bowl potential as a 3-4 inside linebacker or a 4-3 weak-side linebacker, but concerns over his medical history could be a consideration, according to some teams.

I would rather go with a healthy player this year

I think Foster is a much better fit at MLB and he might end up being one of the best in the game. I think Ragland has a shot to be one of the best MLB's in the league, so Foster does not fit a need. IMO Cunningham and Reddick would be much better fits for WLB and both of those guys are special as well.

You have a point but believe me, they are totally different players.

Ragland relies much more on muscle than does Foster. He plays hard but Foster is 100% on every play and simply flies all over the field. Foster is far more versatile than Ragland; there is no phase of linebacker play that he isn't good at, including coverage.

It's tough to say how good Rags will be in the NFL. What I do know is that he is one tough kid.