Ownership dined with Deshone Kizer after workout Saturday.

PIZ

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought you would have liked Trubisky since you like Marino. Trubisky looks like a you Marino to me. Not athletic ability but the way he throws with a quick release and slides in the pocket. Could just be me though.

@QBklass

It's officially here! My top quarterback in this class is.... DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame -- QB1

Anyone who follows me knows I'm a big advocate for DeShone Kizer. He is my QB1 and I talked about why that is.

https://twitter.com/qbklass/status/852322825587130368

In my opinion Kizer isn't as good of a Notre Dame qb as Brady Quinn was. And Quinn couldn't make it in the NFL and I knew Quinn wasn't going to make it in the NFL just by watching him play at ND.

I am convinced Kizer is also not good enough and will only make it to a backup position in the NFL. Not accurate enough in my opinion. Not competitive enough either.

And I am afraid Whaley will like him and want to draft him anyway. I really hope he doesn't. But if he does, I hope I am completely wrong about Kizer.

That clip with Kizer and Mooch shows us what Kizer showed every team he visited with at the Combine. There were quotes coming out all week that Kizer was crushing interviews and blowing away coaches with his work on the whiteboard. Of all the QBs coming out this year he may have the highest FBI. Watson was the other QB said to have won big during his interviews, displaying his leadership and team-first mentality.

And it was just recently said this week that NFL teams and coaches are a lot higher on these QBs than the media/online scouts and us armchair GMs, A couple of these guys are going to be very good players. This isn't 2013 and some are treating it like it is, there are some NFL quality QBs coming out this year.

That clip with Kizer and Mooch shows us what Kizer showed every team he visited with at the Combine. There were quotes coming out all week that Kizer was crushing interviews and blowing away coaches with his work on the whiteboard. Of all the QBs coming out this year he may have the highest FBI. Watson was the other QB said to have won big during his interviews, displaying his leadership and team-first mentality.

And it was just recently said this week that NFL teams and coaches are a lot higher on these QBs than the media/online scouts and us armchair GMs, A couple of these guys are going to be very good players. This isn't 2013 and some are treating it like it is, there are some NFL quality QBs coming out this year.

Yes, I believe this is correct. Yet a Bills' insider (Leroi) claims our interest is all smokescreen designed to get one of a designated handful of players 2 wr, 1 te, 1 cb, 1 de to fall to us. This could be more disinformation, of course, or rank speculation, though I have been told by various long-time members here that Leroi is legit. This disappoints me, as I like a number of qbs and franchise qb trumps other needs in my view.

The comparison to Manuel is very fitting.

They check off every box there is, except for accuracy.

It's not that fitting. Kizer is miles ahead of Manuel in terms of football IQ. That's one of the areas where Manuel struggled the most. I don't say this to knock the kid because I think he's a great person, but he's a bit of a slow learner. There was a long-form article on the website just before the 2014 season that was all about Manuel and it mentioned how he needed extra tutoring and help through middle and high school, and not because he was too busy working on QB things. On top of that, the person on the field that Manuel trusts the most is himself. He's too gun-shy to throw into tight windows or take a chance on a 50/50 ball to let his guy make a play. He'd rather pull it down and run. Kizer has shown that he'll stand in the pocket and take a shot in the ribs if he knows he has a guy coming open, that's not something we saw Manuel really do at all. There are some size and athletic similarities but I think that's where it ends.

Edited by blacklabel

Yes, I believe this is correct. Yet a Bills' insider (Leroi) claims our interest is all smokescreen designed to get one of a designated handful of players 2 wr, 1 te, 1 cb, 1 de to fall to us. This could be more disinformation, of course, or rank speculation, though I have been told by various long-time members here that Leroi is legit. This disappoints me, as I like a number of qbs and franchise qb trumps other needs in my view.

I don't believe it. They are looking at QBs.

The first rule of smoke screen is you don't say you are doing a smoke screen!

That makes sense too. It's a two-fold process for them. One, they go out and learn as much as they can about these guys and see if one might entice them enough to draft him, and two, they create the scene that they're interested in these QBs in which they hope creates interest from other teams to work out a trade.

I don't believe it. They are looking at QBs.

The first rule of smoke screen is you don't say you are doing a smoke screen!

@PSchrags

News coming on @FOXSports1 -- multiple members of the Bills front office are in Dallas to have dinner w/ QB Bryce Petty tonight. @NFLonFOX

@SalSports

Sal Capaccio

Retweeted Peter Schrager

Just a reminder when you read stories about the Bills (or any team) wining and dining a prospect....

@PSchrags

News coming on @FOXSports1 -- multiple members of the Bills front office are in Dallas to have dinner w/ QB Bryce Petty tonight. @NFLonFOX

@SalSports

Sal Capaccio

Retweeted Peter Schrager

Just a reminder when you read stories about the Bills (or any team) wining and dining a prospect....

Sure, I get that. They are looking at the top QBs this year though and I don't think they are tricking people. Whether they draft a QB comes down to the value they have when they pick.

Word around the league is that Kizer likely will fall through the first round, and be the fourth or even fifth quarterback taken. The reason? Where Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Pat Mahomes and Davis Webb check the boxes on the intangibles, questions arise on the 21-year-old Golden Domer.

“He’s got the size, the arm talent and he’s very bright,” said one AFC head coach. “But there’s a disconnect there. There are diva qualities there, and he seems to get voices in his head, like he’s fighting who he is. And once the cycle starts, he can’t get himself right.”

It was just last week that Kizer’s college coach, Brian Kelly, said that the quarterback probably should’ve stayed in school for his junior year, because he needed to mature on and off the field. While I’m told there was friction between Kelly and Kizer over the past year—Kizer never acted out, but Kelly took until mid-September to give him the job over Malik Zaire—there’s also truth in what the Irish head coach was saying. Even scouts who like Kizer said it was clear that he had trouble reeling things in mentally when trouble struck, and that his mechanics and footwork crumbled way too often.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/13/jared-goff-los-angeles-rams-sean-mcvay-nfl-minicamp

Anyone remember NDBuffCusefan or whatever his name was who had the giant meltdown and got banned? He loved DeShone Kizer and thought he was the future of the Bills.

Sounds like a reliable source.......take him at #10. :)

It's not that fitting. Kizer is miles ahead of Manuel in terms of football IQ. That's one of the areas where Manuel struggled the most. I don't say this to knock the kid because I think he's a great person, but he's a bit of a slow learner. There was a long-form article on the website just before the 2014 season that was all about Manuel and it mentioned how he needed extra tutoring and help through middle and high school, and not because he was too busy working on QB things. On top of that, the person on the field that Manuel trusts the most is himself. He's too gun-shy to throw into tight windows or take a chance on a 50/50 ball to let his guy make a play. He'd rather pull it down and run. Kizer has shown that he'll stand in the pocket and take a shot in the ribs if he knows he has a guy coming open, that's not something we saw Manuel really do at all. There are some size and athletic similarities but I think that's where it ends.

"QB guru" Steve Calhoun among others touted Manuel as having extremely high football IQ.

Ironically, our current starter has the lowest wonderlic score of any starter in the league. Coming in with a whopping 15.

Furthermore, you seem to be comparing NFL Manuel to Kizer. I'm talking about them coming out of College.

There tendencies and issues in college are very similar. Funny thing is, one of the knocks on manuel coming out was he relied on his arm TOO MUCH and would force the ball into right windows.

The only difference is, Manuel is more athletic and would use his feet more. If anything that mobility gives him the edge in my book.

Edited by BillsFan17

• 2 weeks later...

USA Today Sports interviewed former Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer. In a quotation that will raise eyebrows and cause furious emoji spasms, Kizer, discussing his potential, suggested he could be the best quarterback ever, a Tom Brady-type quarterback with Cam Newton's athleticism.

"Name a college quarterback who goes into the game-plan meetings on Monday and throws his notes at the coaches," Kizer said. "No one else game plans the way I do. No one else prepares the way I do. No one else knows football the way I do. No one else is as big as I am. No one else is as powerful a runner as I am. Pat Mahomes might throw the ball 80 yards and I can only throw the ball 72, but I guarantee he can't throw an out route the way I can.

"No one else can do what I can do. And I've truly figured out in this (draft) process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game - this is bold - I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady's intellect and Brady's preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton's body. Why can't I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That's what's driving me now."