Corey Davis WR

wppete

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcons traded up while having Roddy White in his prime. He was a 1st team All-Pro coming off of 115 catches, 1389 yards and 10 TDs when they traded up for Julio.

And was a dynamic option for that offense. Not apples to apples what he was looking for but I think illustrates that the Detroit lions aren't the only possible outcome

It doesn't because he really just didn't see the ball. I watch quite a bit of Alabama and never felt like he was being taken out of games. They just didn't use him. In the big moments, when they needed him, he excelled.

To be clear, he isn't my top choice. I was just saying that he checks a lot of boxes. Howard is a guy that I feel very few Bills fans would be irate if selected. I kind of feel the same way about the top 3 DBs (except for Bill from NYC). Most people will say those guys fill a need and the value matched.

I worry whether our qb will use a TE

For that reason I like the WR

Plus, despite fans loving the tight end matchup problems there's a reason a great WR gets paid more than too tightends-- the TE has to be a much better prospect to be similar value

And was a dynamic option for that offense. Not apples to apples what he was looking for but I think illustrates that the Detroit lions aren't the only possible outcome

Yep. The problem was not Detroit's heavy investment in the position; the problem was that they drafted lousy WRs (except for Megatron, of course).

Bills will be drafting a receiver (or two). Just not sure who or when. Both Williams and Davis will be good, and possibly very good at the next level. Neither would be a bad pick. My fav is Davis. I think his skill set is more diversified, will give you better YAC and is close to Williams as a red zone threat. Having said that it may well be that the Bills will address the need later in the draft. They have so many holes to fill and there will be premium prospects at positions of need. If the Bama backer is there I can see coach drooling over him. If Allen falls he is the likely pick for sure. OJ Howard is a decent risk/reward guy and there a a couple of great safeties going top 15 if not before. Just no D. Watson please.

I could see them taking davis if they felt there was enough db depth to this draft. I think that Davis is exactly what the bills have wanted all along when they drafted watkins. He can stretch the field...he can go up and get the ball...(high point)...he can out muscle dbs for the ball in the air and off the line. If you look at when watkins had his last half of a productive season with taylor, what he was able to do and then imagine Davis on the other side...or the games when Watkins was shut down, put Davis on the other side..one of them is getting open.

I like Howard but I'm higher on Davis..i think he is more nimble in traffic...he plays to Taylor's strength being able to stretch the edges, not to mention what him and watkins could do for the running game.

Also you figure to this point our passing game has mostly been an aftter thought with most of the focus going to the running game. this would give us a change to at least equalize our running/passing game.

Just all comes down to whos avail at 10, if we can trade down and what mcD and whaley feel is priorty this year..O or D.

I think you're right that the best teams don't spend lots of high picks on receivers. I see a posible scenario where Davis is the BPA at a position of weakness is all. If the safeties, Foster and Howard are all off the board at 10 and we can't find a trade partner, I don't know who else would be worth that pick for us than one of the top receivers. Maybe we reach slightly on a CB like Conley who I've seen mocked as high as the 10-15 range, or possibly Lattimore is there at 10 if all those other aforementioned names are off. But again I see a lot of good quality DBs in round 2. Are we gonna go CB and S in rounds 1 and 2? It's possible.

The difference is the good teams typically have a number one guy they can count on, Sammy is hurt half the time, and even when he is playing he is still playing hurt a fair amount of that time. I am warming up myself to the Howard pick because the versatility he would add to the offense but kind of think he might be gone by the tenth pick. It would also be nice to have a talented pass catcher with a huge catch radius it could aid Tyrod in that respect. I do like Davis the best of the receivers and would have no problem with him at ten,though obviously trading down a few spots and landing him as well as an extra pick would be nice.

Davis is a STUD.... However.... Going up against teams like Ball state, and Akron every year generates very fair questions about his pro-readiness... I like Mike Williams... I don't LOVE him though....

The absolute BEST hands in the draft belong to one Evan Engram. -And it's not close... While Listed as a TE, his relatively light frame suggests more of a big WR than anything else... Evan is also the best route-runner coming out of college... That's not close either.

My favorite though is OJ Howard as a true TE... BIG....Light on his feet... Blocks like a runaway beer-truck... Versatile.... I'd pass on every receiver in this draft to get Howard..

Davis is a STUD.... However.... Going up against teams like Ball state, and Akron every year generates very fair questions about his pro-readiness... I like Mike Williams... I don't LOVE him though....

The absolute BEST hands in the draft belong to one Evan Engram. -And it's not close... While Listed as a TE, his relatively light frame suggests more of a big WR than anything else... Evan is also the best route-runner coming out of college... That's not close either.

My favorite though is OJ Howard as a true TE... BIG....Light on his feet... Blocks like a runaway beer-truck... Versatile.... I'd pass on every receiver in this draft to get Howard..

I guess Khalil Mack, Ben Roesthlisberger, Antonio Brown and others from the MAC weren't pro ready either?

He wasn't at the combine and didn't have a pro day with an injury. He had Ankle surgery and will be ready for camp. Been reading a comp is Terrell Owens. Good Size, good speed and smooth route running. Do you guys think this our our pick at #10????? Better option than Mike Williams, Clemson?

Corey Davis WR / Western Michigan Broncos

HEIGHT: 6-3 WEIGHT: 213 40-YARD DASH: 4.48

The stiff arm at 3:13 :thumbsup:

Yeah, I guess we just disagree on Taylor. I really do like some things he does (deep ball, legs, taking care of the ball). But watch the 22s on him. There are wide open receivers constantly being missed. Clay was open a lot and just got missed. Sammy was getting frustrated before the last 2 games. We are hoping that a 57% passer in college will do better than that in NFL. I just don't see but I'd love to be wrong.

You are already wrong 57 in college, 62.6 in pros.

Edited by Bill_with_it

Agreed...unless Hooker or Adams drop, the pick will be Davis or Howard...

I don't see it anywhere near that simply. IMHO trading down is a legitimate option and LB or DL or CB would be an equally legit choice if we stay at #10. QB too maybe, though that would be more likely after a trade back, IMHO.

Edited by Thurman#1

Yeah, I guess we just disagree on Taylor. I really do like some things he does (deep ball, legs, taking care of the ball). But watch the 22s on him. There are wide open receivers constantly being missed. Clay was open a lot and just got missed. Sammy was getting frustrated before the last 2 games. We are hoping that a 57% passer in college will do better than that in NFL. I just don't see but I'd love to be wrong.

You are already wrong 57 in college, 62.6 in pros.

He's not wrong.

He didn't say better at completion percentage. He just said better.

He's not wrong.

He didn't say better at completion percentage. He just said better.

Read carefully this is what he wrote:

" We are hoping that a 57% passer in college will do better than that in NFL."

That (bolded) refers to the subject of the sentence (57%passer).