Marshawn Watch, Currently at Raiders facility

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy watching him play.Once beyond the line of scrimmage and with a head of steam he is almost unstoppable. That said Fred Jackson was the superior running back of the 2.

Fred...possibly a Hall of Famer if he didnt start in the NFL at the ridiculously advanced RB age of 27.

PS--regarding Lynch's bullying....did that happen 1-2x or was that frequent?--And were there any particular teammates that were aiding him or looking the other way when he was pulling his BS?

I'm afraid you are over-thinking it. The trust issue is simply that he doesn't trust you unless you accept him for how he is. He ain't changing for anyone.

And no sooner did I post that take then he swatted a phone out of some kid's hand in LA international airport for shooting video of him. :doh::lol:

Like I said......Lynch is not a bad guy by nature nor has he been prone to mood swings or fights or anything that would suggest he's out of control........but his rules of engagement are 100% ghetto.

I grew up around this........I've seen some hilariously inappropriate sh*t done by otherwise good-hearted people that is considered by them completely fair game............but would simply would not fly in suburban white society.

Marshawn may be wealthy but he would DEFINITELY show up at a brutha's funeral with a cane and a limp like all the other guys that thought the widow might hit them up for some $.....and nobody there would think any less of him for the charade.

Most athletes adapt to what's expected of them in their adopted communities.......but Marshawn simply does not change how he treats people........some people consider that a strength of his but it really hurt him in Buffalo.

Buffalo is pretty damn ghetto...had plenty of opportunities to "blend in"...maybe he should have hung out on Broadway and Gibson more...

You've confused intelligence with giving a f**k . He doesn't . Lynch is not stupid.

lynch is pretty meaty. i love him as a player, when when you look at him, you can just tell there's nothing going on upstairs.

I don't think he's dumb. I do think he gets that he can do whatever he decides will make him happiest and screw the rules. Sometimes the optics in that are great other times terrible.

I think he was simply out of place culturally, still young/immature and in a city that wasn't ready for him.

It's also unusual for local police and star players to end up adversarial like they did which really made for a bad situation even ignoring the hit and run.

Yeah I think he came here expecting Oakland treatment from the police so he was a complete idiot/d*ck to the cops and got on their bad side.

WNY cops are notoriously lenient/protective of Bills players.

It wasn't Buffalo where he got busted for driving with an unlicensed weapon and drugs in car.......that was his hometown. :flirt:

Fun Fact: Stevie Johnson was in the car with Marshawn when he clipped that pedestrian.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy watching him play.Once beyond the line of scrimmage and with a head of steam he is almost unstoppable. That said Fred Jackson was the superior running back of the 2.

Fred...possibly a Hall of Famer if he didnt start in the NFL at the ridiculously advanced RB age of 27.

PS--regarding Lynch's bullying....did that happen 1-2x or was that frequent?--And were there any particular teammates that were aiding him or looking the other way when he was pulling his BS?

And had he played behind a better line for a team that's actually on national television more than once a year.

Back to the main topic of the thread, I think the league is more interesting with Lynch in it. And it'll be good to see him play for his hometown team.

I love how many fans conveniently forget Lynch was one strike away from being suspended for an entire season. And he was a complete moron to that point so he was hard to trust. Then the hindsight fans would complain about the Bills not trading Lynch when he got suspended again.

The Bills make plenty of dumb moves. This was strictly on Lynch being an idiot and forcing their hand.

My "sources" say he has a lot of fun in Buffalo. But given how many mistakes he made in Buffalo, he needed a fresh start. And he took advantage of it, so good for him and the annoying, bandwagon Seahawks fans.

We took Leif Larsen instead of Tom Freakin' Brady!!!!!!!!

You don't give away a #1 pick for nothing. Stupid Nix panicked. Hell let him get suspended & rot on the vine before trading for nothing.

Don't look back at that draft....

We took: Spiller / Troup / Carrington / Easley / Wang / Moats / Batten (aka nothing of substance)

We could have gone: Earl Thomas / Gronk / Navarro Bowman / Geno Atkins / Antonio Brown

Easley was a pretty good special teamer, but injuries killed his career. "Don't Cross the" Moats is a smashing success as a 6th rounder, and will win you a bar bet on the question, "Who ended Brett Favre's career?" The rest? Brutal.