No Gilmore, No Woods, No Brown, No Chance

The Bills right now are a 5-11 football team, especially with he schedule they have. Even if they keep the rest of their players, you know half of them end up not playing due to injuries. They need to trade down and get as many picks as possible and all of them contribute to even have a chance at 8-8. Exciting.

19-0 Baby (for the Senator)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this means is you have no faith in the draft. I understand your frustrations but it is too early to think that.

+1

But I did recently read we were 'PLAYOFF CALIBER'!

I admit I was not wearing my bifocals at the time though.

('PLAYOFF CALIBRE" for our Canadian fans)

The Bills had the shirts on it must be true.

when you start the season a guaranteed 0-2 in both the division and the conference, with no shot at the division title, yeah, you have no chance... as long as the GOATs are in NE, that's about all she wrote....

You laying coins on that?

Some are glass half full, some are glass half empty.

Great players leave teams every year, good teams adapt and replace.

You my friend are outside drinking from the garden hose.

Some are glass half full, some are glass half empty and some are poke a hole in bottom since liquid will never stay in glass,

Except for the fact the Sean McDermott's defense finished below Rex's last year in yards AND points. Leslie Frazier who will be calling the plays recently had TWO different football teams floating around bottom 3 for defense. Rex has NEVER had defenses as bad as Frazier's last two stops.

Anthony Lynn was calling plays on offense but he got a head coaching job and our new offensive coordinator was the third choice on McD's list after his first two choices turned him down.

Did you watch the Bills coached Rex D the last two years?

Sometimes stats don't tell the story!! That was worse than most Defenses I have ever seen!

Seriously.....that was worse than Wanny's or any Bills D I have ever seen!

I don't see it that way at all. Gilmore is a clown who is good when he wants to be, he spent have of last season not trying.

Of the tree, Woods is the biggest loss, he was a professional and gave his all in all areas but was underutilized. He will be replaced in the draft. Brown had a good season but his replacement is on the roster already.

Agreed

Bills opened at 80/1 to win the Superbowl. Current odds are now 100/1. Only 4 NFL teams are rated lower.

http://www.thespread.com/odds-managernfl-football-futures

Browns, 49ers, Jets, Rams

Oh, Vegas and media still don't like the Bills. Who cares

I see the OP-ED's reasoning, a little

Actually I don't think losing Zack, Woods, & Gilmore is the reason in itself we may only win 5 games in 2017

Its the fact that we didn't bring anyone in to replace them

Aside from Ragland being a freebie 2nd high draft pick and an hopefully a full season from Shag

And that we have no coherent plan to be compensated in 2018 for losing Gilmore and Woods

It does seem we have way less on field talent going into the 2017 draft

I'm not sure how that's gonna translate into wins unless you have blind faith in HC Sean's/Frazier's D scheme is the cure-all

Our back 7 seems to be in major transition

We didn't make a single move to improve our 2017 O talent, Dimarco aside, its worse, different WR depth notwithstanding

All things do unfort point to yet another unsuccessful season

jc

Except for the fact the Sean McDermott's defense finished below Rex's last year in yards AND points. Leslie Frazier who will be calling the plays recently had TWO different football teams floating around bottom 3 for defense. Rex has NEVER had defenses as bad as Frazier's last two stops.

Anthony Lynn was calling plays on offense but he got a head coaching job and our new offensive coordinator was the third choice on McD's list after his first two choices turned him down.

So your saying we have a chance? Seriously this sounds pretty bad..

I see the OP-ED's reasoning, a little

Actually I don't think losing Zack, Woods, & Gilmore is the reason in itself we may only win 5 games in 2017

Its the fact that we didn't bring anyone in to replace them

Aside from Ragland being a freebie 2nd high draft pick and an hopefully a full season from Shag

And that we have no coherent plan to be compensated in 2018 for losing Gilmore and Woods

It does seem we have way less on field talent going into the 2017 draft

I'm not sure how that's gonna translate into wins unless you have blind faith in HC Sean's/Frazier's D scheme is the cure-all

Our back 7 seems to be in major transition

We didn't make a single move to improve our 2017 O talent, Dimarco aside, its worse, different WR depth notwithstanding

All things do unfort point to yet another unsuccessful season

jc

On the offense, we get Sammy back and Woods is gone versus last year. IF (i know its big i capitalized it) Sammy stays healthy then how did we get worse on offense (new system maybe?)? The offense stalled at times but it did put up enough points.

I'm very conflicted on defense. Rex was bad but it does look like we lost more talent (particularly the secondary), but McD doesn't seem to need great secondary outside of safety. LB will be interesting but i do expect the front 4 to have more production.

No Watkins, Dareus, Lawson and Ragland injuries/suspensions (HOPEFULLY!) before they even take a snap. We were EXTREMELY injured last year. Dareus/ Watkins missed 16 games combined last year!! That is a massive loss.. Lawson missed 8 , as a rookie , Ragland 16.. Both have serious potential to be impact players in the NFL.

So I couldn't disagree with you more that losing Gilly, Woods and Brown equates to this team having no chance....

I think we need a rebuild with two drafts. So one crap year on the field (which will happen anyway) then start to push for 8-8 or 9-7 next year. But if we refuse to rebuild this will take far longer.

Definitely agree. Finding that elusive FQB would sure go a long way.