2017 Mock Draft

This draft is without trades and based on team needs.

1. Mike Williams WR Clemson; Obvious

2. Fabian Moreau CB UCLA; Fast physical corner has good ball skills. 4.35 speed 6ft 201lb

3. Eddie Jackson S Alabama; Before injury was a top 3 safety in draft. Has recovered from injury.

5. Duke Riley OLB LSU; Fast physical and productive OLB. Best fit in 4-3 as a weakside OLB

5. Brad Seaton OT Villanova; Great athletic ability with tremendous upside.

6. Nate Hairston CB Temple; Good upside. Still learning position. Started out as a WR

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree Mike Williams is the obvious first round pick if he's available at 10. Really hope he's aready off the board, would be very upset if we pick him. Would make us the only team in the NFL with two of their own draft picks top 10 WR's. Learn from Detroit's mistakes. Looking at his highlights (link at bottom), he makes great catches in traffic and is tough to bring down. Problem is he doesn't get separation. If he can't get separation in college I don't see it happening in the pros. Add to that TT isn't all that willing to throw into traffic. I'm guessing pro corners won't be as easy to dominate physically as the corners he's faced in college either.

Disagree Mike Williams is the obvious first round pick if he's available at 10. Really hope he's aready off the board, would be very upset if we pick him. Would make us the only team in the NFL with two of their own draft picks top 10 WR's. Learn from Detroit's mistakes. Looking at his highlights (link at bottom), he makes great catches in traffic and is tough to bring down. Problem is he doesn't get separation. If he can't get separation in college I don't see it happening in the pros. Add to that TT isn't all that willing to throw into traffic. I'm guessing pro corners won't be as easy to dominate physically as the corners he's faced in college either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZ7BrABNlE

On that note it would probably be really interesting to grade him vs. OSU and Bama. All 4 of those corners are going to be 1st round picks (2nd round at worst). They are presumed to be #1 (at worst #2) corners in the NFL. I haven't really looked into it but it might be worthwhile for those people for (or against) Williams.

On that note it would probably be really interesting to grade him vs. OSU and Bama. All 4 of those corners are going to be 1st round picks (2nd round at worst). They are presumed to be #1 (at worst #2) corners in the NFL. I haven't really looked into it but it might be worthwhile for those people for (or against) Williams.

Overy 90 yards in both games. Only one TD. Came against Bama. Six catches against OSU and eight against Bama.

Why not?

I just see him more of a Plaxico Burress/Alshon Jeffery type of WR. I think he would be a solid number 1 and an elite number 2. He wouldn't be a bad pick at 10, but I want an elite player with a top ten pick. If you draft a WR top ten he better be a Julio Jones/AJ Green/Calvin Johnson type player.

Now saying that I want the Bills to draft Watson and there is a lot higher chance he busts than Mike Williams. That is a much safer draft. We would have a very good number 2 WR, a starting CB, and a starting S. I like all of the other picks as developmental guys as well. I would be very happy with this draft, if I am running the team I am looking for a franchise QB though.

Duke Riley blows.

I don't understand what anyone sees in him. He's fast, there I'll give him that.

He's also undersized, takes terrible angles, shies away from contact, and when he doesn't he gets walloped. If a blocker gets his hands on him he's done, totally out of the play. I watched 2 of his games, every snap, and he looks totally lost out there on the field. He would offer this team nothing.

Watch Jalen Reeves Maybin, then watch Duke Riley. It's night and day. JRB is what people want Duke Riley to be, and you can get him a round or 2 later.

2. Fabian Moreau CB UCLA; Fast physical corner has good ball skills. 4.35 speed 6ft 201lb

3. Eddie Jackson S Alabama; Before injury was a top 3 safety in draft. Has recovered from injury.

5. Duke Riley OLB LSU; Fast physical and productive OLB. Best fit in 4-3 as a weakside OLB

6. Nate Hairston CB Temple; Good upside. Still learning position. Started out as a WR

After looking at the Bills depth for all positions, I believe the most glairing need based on depth is at OLB, with CB coming in at a close second, and DE coming in at a distant third. WR, Safety, and RT have a lot of depth, but still have question marks.

Within the draft, I really don't see a lot of depth at LB in the later rounds that would produce a possible day 1 starter. That would be my # 1 need since we have two starting OLBs that are career special teams aces. DB is stacked this year, and I believe we can find a day 1 starter / contributor in the later rounds. DE is set with their two starters, but lack serious depth in a scheme that requires a lot of subbing in and out. Fortunately there is some solid depth here as well that we can address in the later rounds as well. We have projected starters, and projected backups for WR, S, and RT, but seriously lack the guy we truly desire so I could see us making a play on either one of these positions early in the draft. With this being said, here is my prediction for the upcoming draft.

1-10: Trade to Browns for 1-12, 4-108, 5-175 (Browns take Deshaun Watson)

1-12: Bills take OLB Ha'ason Reddick (With his athleticism, he'll fit any scheme. I project him to play the "Will" but will rush the passer often)

2-44: Bills take TE Evan Engram (Will be primarily a move TE with Clay / O'Leary filling most blocking duties)

3-75: Bills take CB Shaquill Griffin (Could start day 1. Physical, long armed, tackling CB)

4-108: Bills take DE Dawuane Smoot (More of a run defending DE, but would be thrown in rotation immediately)

5-156: Bills take WR Robert Davis (Had a great combine, but lacked production in college. Will play a role on special teams)

5-171 Bills take CB Brian Allen (Another combine freak. Could push for playing time, but needs a lot of work)

5-175 Bills take WR Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield (Kermit provides insurance to Listenbee, and is also a great return man)

6-195 Bills take OL Jerry Ugokwe (McDermott likes this kids potential as well as the school he comes from)

Well there you have it. As you can see there are no QBs taken this year, but the Bills will surely add one via free agency after the draft. The Bills will also sign a few more pass rushers and LBs as well.

GO BILLS!

Solid draft. Fills needs and have some solid prospects to fill the needs. Ideally like to trade down maybe in the mid rounds to acquire an extra pick or two. Maybe in the 5th Round to acquire a lower 5th and a 7th to maybe add a TE.