Mets fans?

Another Fan

18 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Bartolo is perfect through 5+. I wish he was still on the Mets. Not because I think we'd be a better team, but he was fun to have around.

Last year, my buddy (Mets fan) in Atlanta went to a Braves game and got a Colon bobblehead and sent it to me.  I proudly display it with my Mr. Met and Daniel Murphy bobbleheads.  I loved Colon as a Met!

Incidentally, my son and I have tickets for a Mets game in August that gives the first 25K fans a Thor bobblehead.  One of ours will be headed to my buddy in Atlanta.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Last year, my buddy (Mets fan) in Atlanta went to a Braves game and got a Colon bobblehead and sent it to me.  I proudly display it with my Mr. Met and Daniel Murphy bobbleheads.  I loved Colon as a Met!

Incidentally, my son and I have tickets for a Mets game in August that gives the first 25K fans a Thor bobblehead.  One of ours will be headed to my buddy in Atlanta.

That is freaking awesome all around.

I once bought a Mr. Met bobblehead for my son on eBay. They were going for around $30 which I wouldn't pay. I put in a bid for $19.86 and assume the guy was a Mets fan cuz I got it.

Bart is into the 7th.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope the Mets staff was watching and taking notes on Bart tonight. Especially Harvey. Mixing everything up and in and both sides of the plate and sitting at 86-88. Location location location! Lighting up the radar gun isn’t always how it’s done. 

Wow he put on a clinic tonight.

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Fun fact: Seaver struck out the last 10 batters he faced.

Maury Wills grounded out as the next batter Tom faced, I assume the streak was still alive.

• Like (+1) 1

On Friday,Alderson said he was fine with the catching position after the two blows ...today he's trying to get Realmuto. Get it done Sandy.

17 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Bartolo is perfect through 5+. I wish he was still on the Mets. Not because I think we'd be a better team, but he was fun to have around.

I miss him as well ..he just keeps on keeping on.P.S.- He pitched a no hitter here many years ago (Bisons).

Well ... we were due for a stinker.  I feel bad that Jake K'd 12 and couldn't get the win.  I hope this bullpen isn't spent already.  And Bryce Harper can suck my ass.  I hate that redneck piece of ****.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Tierlifer said:

Welllllllllll that was a pretty horrific loss. Shades of 2007/08. Yikes! Just want to completely forget that one! Wow. No words. Not one guy outta that pen did their job. Not one. 

It's been awhile since a loss ruined my night. Get stew in it for the next few hours. Can't win them all, but to lose to those bums makes it 100 times worst.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Mick made mistakes...only one worked out because of the deGrom bunt/error.

Completely agree. 

The true test comes tomorrow night. How they bounce back. It’s just an ugly loss all around. Divional foe was gasping for air and they let them offthr hook. Like someone said..Jake was DEALING, divisional foe and a depleted B lineup scored 6. Just can’t lose those games.

I’m really curious how they bounce back tomorrow night. Wheeler pitching for his life tomorrow too, this won’t be the Marlins. 

• Like (+1) 1

Shoulda known it was gonna be a bad night when Harper hit a broken bat HR.

My take is that the bullpen was totally unprepared. None of them could find the strike zone. And they were missing badly. Up 6-1 and DeGrom dominating they probably thought it was in the bag...I sure did. Especially a guy like Famiglia who's used to coming in to a clean 9th. I was just as worried about him getting through the 8th as I was his ability to get through the 9th.

Hard to sugarcoat the loss, this one was bad. No choice but to get up off the mat and compete tonight. Baseball doesn't give you the option to wallow in defeat.

Lets Go Mets!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Completely agree. 

The true test comes tomorrow night. How they bounce back. It’s just an ugly loss all around. Divional foe was gasping for air and they let them offthr hook. Like someone said..Jake was DEALING, divisional foe and a depleted B lineup scored 6. Just can’t lose those games.

I’m really curious how they bounce back tomorrow night. Wheeler pitching for his life tomorrow too, this won’t be the Marlins. 

It was a ugly loss because Mick is to damn caught up in pc numbers..deGrom k'd kendricks in his first three at bats..why pull him then? Cabrera going to third when we are down by two with only one out ?Sending Lag on a steal ..leaving 2nd wide open for a easy DP with deGrom at the plate ? We have enough talent on this team to play fundamental baseball..

Edited by Misterbluesky

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

It was a ugly loss because Mick is to damn caught up in pc numbers..deGrom k'd hendricks in his first three at bats..why pull him then? Cabrera going to third when we are down by two with only one out ?Sending Lag on a steal ..leaving 2nd wide open for a easy DP with deGrom at the plate ? We have enough talent on this team to play fundamental baseball..

Paralysis by analysis.

I get that analytics are the new thing and I do believe that they are a valuable tool.

But sometimes the gut needs to win over the numbers.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Paralysis by analysis.

I get that analytics are the new thing and I do believe that they are a valuable tool.

But sometimes the gut needs to win over the numbers.

I don't want to open up a can of worms here but you and I both know Collins would have not lost that game last night.This loss is tough to swallow and there was no reason for it to happen..I'm to chalk it up as a "growing pains" loss...hopefully Mick learned something from this loss.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

I don't want to open up a can of worms here but you and I both know Collins would have not lost that game last night.This loss is tough to swallow and there was no reason for it to happen..I'm to chalk it up as a "growing pains" loss...hopefully Mick learned something from this loss.

I think we both know that we wouldn't be 12-3, either, if Collins was still here.

Mick screwed the pooch last night.  Like you said ... hopefully he learned something. 

Jake was CLEARLY pissed off.  And rightfully so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

It was a ugly loss because Mick is to damn caught up in pc numbers..deGrom k'd kendricks in his first three at bats..why pull him then? Cabrera going to third when we are down by two with only one out ?Sending Lag on a steal ..leaving 2nd wide open for a easy DP with deGrom at the plate ? We have enough talent on this team to play fundamental baseball..

I can't take credit for this, heard it on the radio at lunch, but with Harper coming up after Hendricks and Turner on base you pretty much know you're bringing in Blevins so why not give the guy with 12 K's one more batter.

Wheeler did his job.  It wasn't pretty, but he held them to 3 runs.  Bats and bullpen failed again.

And every game Callaway sits Conforto, the more I think he's just another !@#$ing robot going by numbers.

If you want to manage the team based on statistics, then get a !@#$ing MacBook, get rid of the Manager and save some !@#$ing money.

7 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

We need to get a catcher...very soon.

I said the same thing to one of my buddies last night.  Enough is enough.  A single against the Mets = a double.

The Mets are still solid as long as the starters stay healthy.

These losses hurt, mostly, because of who the opponent is and because Monday's game was one that got away.

I still think we're the best team in the division, when it's all said and done.

Crisis averted.

Still concerns about how Calloway handles the bullpen, pitchers/catchers getting run on at will and I'd like to see the corner outfielders start hitting HR's but I certainly didn't expect a 13-4 start. First extended road trip on tap, hopefully they won't need the head socks again until playoff time.

And on a personal note, my son was pumped to get back on the field tonight. 9-4 win, team is off to a 2-0 start and he had a solid game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Crisis averted.

Still concerns about how Calloway handles the bullpen, pitchers/catchers getting run on at will and I'd like to see the corner outfielders start hitting HR's but I certainly didn't expect a 13-4 start. First extended road trip on tap, hopefully they won't need the head socks again until playoff time.

And on a personal note, my son was pumped to get back on the field tonight. 9-4 win, team is off to a 2-0 start and he had a solid game. 

Happy for your nug! As far as the 4 game series is concerned,I would like to see Mick stick with the same line up in Atlanta ..I don't want Reyes starting at short for a game...putting Wilmer in at first on Saturday night night not be a bad idea? No changes in the OF even with Bruce looking lost...catcher is still a question mark...do you go three straight with Lobaton until Sunday afternoon.We can't blow this series against a very sub par team....PIX game on Saturday night..so I will watch a drama,fake tear,lovie -dovie Hollywood produced flick with my bride..I can't be married to Mets baseball 7 days a week...I'm cool with that.

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Happy for your nug! As far as the 4 game series is concerned,I would like to see Mick stick with the same line up in Atlanta ..I don't want Reyes starting at short for a game...putting Wilmer in at first on Saturday night night not be a bad idea? No changes in the OF even with Bruce looking lost...catcher is still a question mark...do you go three straight with Lobaton until Sunday afternoon.We can't blow this series against a very sub par team....PIX game on Saturday night..so I will watch a drama,fake tear,lovie -dovie Hollywood produced flick with my bride..I can't be married to Mets baseball 7 days a week...I'm cool with that.

Mine tolerates it pretty well luckily. I introduced the concept about 2 weeks into the relationship though haha. I said "I reserve the right to watch the Mets up to 6 times a week. I can't be 'fixed' lol". I bought a 46" Sammy for the bedroom, and a huge tablet for her as well if she wants to occupy the living room as well. I explained all the major sports schedules, as well as my relationship to MLB the show on PS4.

It's all balance though, you're right. I try to sneak in a rom com once a week if I can stomach it...

Reyes can't be in the lineup right now, I agree. He brings literally nothing to the table. Bruce will look lost precisely until he goes on a 3 week tear.

Edited by SmokinES3

I was listening to the pre-game on WOR whilst driving home.  Lagares, very professionally, voiced his displeasure about not being in the lineup consistently.  The guy was hitting .385 going into last night's game.  I get that the outfield is crowded, but you gotta play guys when they're hot, in my opinion.

I can accept Lagares being platooned.  But there is no way in hell that Conforto and Rosario should not be playing a minimum of 150 games this year.

I hate complaining about a team who's off to such a great start (knock on wood), but I worry about the long-term effects of these daily roster changes.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was listening to the pre-game on WOR whilst driving home.  Lagares, very professionally, voiced his displeasure about not being in the lineup consistently.  The guy was hitting .385 going into last night's game.  I get that the outfield is crowded, but you gotta play guys when they're hot, in my opinion.

I can accept Lagares being platooned.  But there is no way in hell that Conforto and Rosario should not be playing a minimum of 150 games this year.

I hate complaining about a team who's off to such a great start (knock on wood), but I worry about the long-term effects of these daily roster changes.

IMO, Lagares should get spot starts in center against lefties (not a platoon). in which case Conforto slides to RF or gets a day off. I don't have e strict number of games in mind, but slumps notwithstanding Conforto and Rosario should get the vast majority of playing time over the course of the year. I really like Lagares but injuries and lack of development at the plate have put hm where he is.

I actually think Reyes should be given a start against the Braves...although it could be at 2B. SS for 3B. As long as he's on the roster we need to get him going and that ain't happening from the bench. We shouldn't be scared to sit a starter once in a while, it's actually a good thing over the long haul. Now if you want to move on from Reyes that's a different story, but it better be an upgrade and a guy that won't get a lot of playing time.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

IMO, Lagares should get spot starts in center against lefties (not a platoon). in which case Conforto slides to RF or gets a day off. I don't have e strict number of games in mind, but slumps notwithstanding Conforto and Rosario should get the vast majority of playing time over the course of the year. I really like Lagares but injuries and lack of development at the plate have put hm where he is.

I actually think Reyes should be given a start against the Braves...although it could be at 2B. SS for 3B. As long as he's on the roster we need to get him going and that ain't happening from the bench. We shouldn't be scared to sit a starter once in a while, it's actually a good thing over the long haul. Now if you want to move on from Reyes that's a different story, but it better be an upgrade and a guy that won't get a lot of playing time.

Philip Evans could be that guy already in the organization.

4 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

Philip Evans could be that guy already in the organization.

I was thinking about him as well. Good call. 

Great win last night!

10 game road trip starts tonight 

in Atlanta for 4

STL for 3 

SD for 3

I would love a 6-4 (or better) trip myself! More Nimmo pleeeeeeeeeeease!!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Wisler's first career start tonight. Let's get to him early..I'm anticipating a action packed,high scoring game..so look for a 3-2 final.

Enjoy the game.  I'm effin' done with these bums.

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Enjoy the game.  I'm effin' done with these bums.

This is a playoff team...look at the matchups..we should be able to take three out of four..was it,the late,Earl Weaver that said "winning in April is like winning in September"? This team is loaded in areas..especially the OF.Lags,at this point would be a day in and day out starter on 75 % of teams. We have "good" problems right now.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

This is a playoff team...look at the matchups..we should be able to take three out of four..was it,the late,Earl Weaver that said "winning in April is like winning in September"? This team is loaded in areas..especially the OF.Lags,at this point would be a day in and day out starter on 75 % of teams. We have "good" problems right now.

I was joking, man!  I NEVER give up on the Metropolitans!

Here's a name I haven't heard in awhile: Jordanny Valdespin. The Long Island Ducks are  a local Independent League team that attracts former Major Leaguers every year and apparently this year they have quite a few including Jordanny:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/local/ducks/ducks-roster-loaded-with-ex-major-leaguers-1.18158260

Also, Bud Harrelson been involved with the Ducks from the start. Pretty sure he was manager the first few years, now he's a part owner., not sure if that goes all the way back.

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wow.  Matt Harvey sucks, eh?

When the hell is Vargas coming back?  I don't even think Harvey can be a pen arm, at this point.

Braves crew said he hasn't finished 5 innings in 11 straight heading into last night, and they quipped he was well on his well to #12, and lamenting the sudden downfall of a great pitcher