Mets fans?

Another Fan

Agree some adversity looks like its starting to hit the team.  I have faith in Mick so far he'll do whatever's necessary. 

Can't say the same for Matz and Harvey.  Harvey- really what a disappointment.  More for his attitude then anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Gritty win last night.

Bottom line:  Matz needs to have a solid season in order for the Mets to compete.  Wheeler just isn't good.  If we can get solid, complete seasons from Jake, Thor and Matz, the Mets are in business.

Sandy needs to go out and get a real catcher, IMO.  Every single catcher on our roster sucks.

Harvey looked decent out of the bullpen, but I fear that it won't last - primarily because of his attitude ... and his flat fastball that he keeps floating over the middle of the plate.

I still see the Mets as a real-deal team who is easily good enough to win the pennant.

Let's Go Mets!

The Mets have 5 players who deserve to be starters in the outfield and no real catcher.

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Would love a win today. Ace on the mound coming off last nights smackdown, an opportunity to win a series after losing the last two and would put us in decent shape for a winning road trip.

Lets Go Mets!

The beef of the order just left ces at third.

14 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

This one stings...it all goes back to the first inning..Ces on third with one out. In addition,like Gug said,we NEED to bring in a catcher! Burn the phone lines Sandy!!!?

Can't argue that stranding Ces didn't hurt, but the closer had two out nobody on and couldn't finish. And once again we waste a strong outing from an ace.

Need to win this next series and get back on track. A good start by Vargas would make me feel better about this team.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Harvey admitted that he was unprepared when the call came to the pen last night.  Then he gave up a HR.  Such a douche.

This guy thought he was gonna be the next Jeter who took over the city.  Even in 13/14 ish when he was on top of his game he showed the douchy signs.  

Instead of humbling himself to see how he can improve he does his bitching and moaning act. 

Einstein once said the only difference between genius and stupidity is genius knows it's limits.  In this guys case appeantly douchiness doesn't 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

We are in trouble, gents.

This was before my time, but years ago the Boston Braves had two great pitchers: Warren Spahn and Johnny Sain and the saying went "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain". Not sure why I'm reminded of that now :)

I really don't like calling an early season game a must win, but we're on a steady downward trajectory and sure could use one today.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ces..stealing third,Pete Rose style.He didn't pull in his fingers.

I can't even imagine what Keith had to say about that.  He hates head first slides.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I can't even imagine what Keith had to say about that.  He hates head first slides.

No idea..I had MLBN  on and saw the play (had Game Day on the net)..I don't have access to PIX games.I pay well over 100 bucks a month for DTV and Buffalo is the home market for the Mets..yet I can't view every game. Our nug,in North Carolina ,gets all the games for 80 bucks a year. Something ain't right. On another note...watching the team play in SD always brings back memory skull displays...when I was stationed there we got free tickets on military night...dollar drafts with ID..we ended up in Tiajuana later than night....what we saw that night was off the charts...really,really off the map. This is a gentleman's Mets fan thread....so no details. But you can gather the math...

Edited by Misterbluesky

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

No idea..I had MLBN  on and saw the play (had Game Day on the net)..I don't have access to PIX games.I pay well over 100 bucks a month for DTV and Buffalo is the home market for the Mets..yet I can't view every game. Our nug,in North Carolina ,gets all the games for 80 bucks a year. Something ain't right. On another note...watching the team play in SD always brings back memory skull displays...when I was stationed there we got free tickets on military night...dollar drafts with ID..we ended up in Tiajuana later than night....what we saw that night was off the charts...really,really off the map. This is a gentleman's Mets fan thread....so no details. But you can gather the math...

When were you in SD?  I was there for Navy bootcamp in August of 89.  Then stayed for radioman A-School through March of 90.  Many TJ nights!

9 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Mitchell has a era of 7.00 at Petco this year.

Nice call. Mets put up 4 in less than 5 on him.

4-5 road trip that felt worse than that to me. Next 6 games are at home with Noah and Jacob starting 3. Good opportunity to get the arrow pointed back in the right direction.

BTW - Keith did say he didn't like the head first slide and that sliding feet first gets you there just as fast. But it wasn't classic Keith. 

When were you in SD?  I was there for Navy bootcamp in August of 89.  Then stayed for radioman A-School through March of 90.  Many TJ nights!

I was there in 1982..those very tall palm trees got me dizzy one night...do you remember Mezcal ( the worm in the bottom)?

Edited by Misterbluesky

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I was there in 1982..those very tall palm trees got me dizzy one night...do you remember Mezcal ( the worm in the bottom)?

I went to a bar that had barbers chairs and they would pour the tequila down your throat.  I chewed/ate a worm once.  Just once!

Report: Matt Harvey Partied in LA the Night Before Mets Game in San Diego

The New York Mets spent last weekend playing a road series against the San Diego Padres, but pitcher Matt Harvey reportedly found an opportunity to party in Los Angeles.

According to Ian Mohr of Page Six, Harvey was at the Avra Beverly Hills opening Thursday night, and while one source said he was sober, another said he was "out at the Avra opening stumbling around." The second person added the pitcher "had to sit down at one point. He must have been so desperate to party, he came up from San Diego."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773556-report-matt-harvey-partied-in-la-the-night-before-mets-game-in-san-diego

He's such a dick.  I'd like to see Callaway put him in every time we go up by 4-5 runs, just so he goes in and looks like **** ... ultimately putting his pathetic career to bed.  What a douchebag.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The New York Mets spent last weekend playing a road series against the San Diego Padres, but pitcher Matt Harvey reportedly found an opportunity to party in Los Angeles.

According to Ian Mohr of Page Six, Harvey was at the Avra Beverly Hills opening Thursday night, and while one source said he was sober, another said he was "out at the Avra opening stumbling around." The second person added the pitcher "had to sit down at one point. He must have been so desperate to party, he came up from San Diego."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773556-report-matt-harvey-partied-in-la-the-night-before-mets-game-in-san-diego

He's such a dick.  I'd like to see Callaway put him in every time we go up by 4-5 runs, just so he goes in and looks like **** ... ultimately putting his pathetic career to bed.  What a douchebag.

He should've headed down to TJ like you and Blue and ate the worm! Actually there's a different worm he should eat.

I guess they can't send him to the minors? Time to bury him on the bench,  release him or trade him for nothing to a crappy AL team.

I'm going to test Mick and see if he makes the right call this evening....take a look at Nimmo's hitting chart..his success comes from swinging at low pitches...Soroka's pitch of glory is the sinker.I say start Nimms in left for the injured Ces...just a thought. L-Nimms C-lags R-Bruce. 

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm going to test Mick and see if he makes the right call this evening....take a look at Nimmo's hitting chart..his success comes from swinging at low pitches...Soroka's pitch of glory is the sinker.I say start Nimms in left for the injured Ces...just a thought. L-Nimms C-lags R-Bruce. 

Or ... L-Conforto, C-Lags, R- Nimmo and Bruce at 1B.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

He wants out.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Or ... L-Conforto, C-Lags, R- Nimmo and Bruce at 1B.

Gug,I know Gonz isn't your guy...but I don't see how you can sit him after having a monster game on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Looks like Ces is in tonight. Do you start Nimmo in center ?

I don't take a healthy Conforto out of the lineup after a day off.  If Ces is in, I think we save Nimmo to come in off the bench.