Mets fans?

Another Fan

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I know this isn't Mets, but I don't think this is thread worthy and from what I can tell the folks that frequent this thread might appreciate this. 99 year old man who has been ushering Pirates games since 1936 retires:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23055073/pittsburgh-pirates-99-year-old-usher-phil-coyne-retires-81-seasons

In an effort to bring this back to the Mets, a number of years ago an usher brought me and my friends to box seats at Shea. He was an old timer with an obvious love for the game. We got there early and as he was seating others and then as the game went on he came at us with two outstanding trivia questions (the answers have changed for both)

1) Name the only player at each position (3 outfielders, but not distinguished by RF, CF. LF) who won back to back MVP awards.

2) By last name, who has the most home runs for each letter in the alphabet.

If anyone is really interested in either of the  two trivia questions let me know and I'll start a thread...I know most of #1 off the top of my head and have #2 scribbled down somewhere but like I said, they both changed. 

Who has the third most HRs by alphabet letter that would easily be first for most other letters?

13 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

What part of the game.I'll rewind and look.

I probably posted about 10-15 minutes after it happened, so around 9:30 or so. 

It happened quick and it didn't register with me at first. They did an up close fan shot of around 4 people. The guy to the left had a knit hat with a Bills logo. Pretty sure the guy 3 over to the right had a Bills cap on. No clue on the two in between, other than I didn't notice anything.

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I probably posted about 10-15 minutes after it happened, so around 9:30 or so. 

It happened quick and it didn't register with me at first. They did an up close fan shot of around 4 people. The guy to the left had a knit hat with a Bills logo. Pretty sure the guy 3 over to the right had a Bills cap on. No clue on the two in between, other than I didn't notice anything.

9:37 under a blanket with his gal. I can dig it...

• Like (+1) 1

We lost my father in law yesterday..if I wasn't a bit down I would be rocking in here.What a great weekend..this team has some good chemistry going on ,which leads me to believe the managerial change was really needed.The team is loose..the pepper grinders are having fun.

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This team looks like they have some balls to stick with a game like that.   Nats had about ten chances to close them out.  Great job by Lugo and Rhame. 

Go Mets!

Tell me it wasn't sweet to see all of our fans there in the 8th and 9th..the scoreboard read 6-5 and their homies left the building...it wasn't to cold out for us!

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

We lost my father in law yesterday..if I wasn't a bit down I would be rocking in here.What a great weekend..this team has some good chemistry going on ,which leads me to believe the managerial change was really needed.The team is loose..the pepper grinders are having fun.

Tell me it wasn't sweet to see all of our fans there in the 8th and 9th..the scoreboard read 6-5 and their homies left the building...it wasn't to cold out for us!

The later the game went the more it sounded like a Mets crowd....love that.

Sorry about your FIL.  RIP.

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, MBS.

Yes, there was a nice showing of Mets fans for the entire series.  Was great to hear/see.  I fell asleep on the couch last night in the 10th.  Woke up and went straight to bed at about 12:15am, so I must have just missed the end.  Woke up this morning, and was like, "goddammit, I don't even know if they won!!"  Glad to see we got the sweep.

April is a big month.  Lots of NL East opponents (MIA next, then ATL and WAS again at the end of the month).

Just keep winning series, boys!

• Like (+1) 2

Mick closed the clubhouse until 4 this afternoon and didn't allow BP. I'm loving this guy more and more after his early choices in ST and the first series left me scratching my head.I guess Frazier found his afternoon free time well spent..his military/crew/jarhead  cut looks sharp.

• Like (+1) 2

What a breath of fresh air a new manager is. Prepared, diligent, intelligent and articulate. Pushing all the right buttons.

I read he asked all the vets after the late night DC game if they wanted off and all of them said absolutely not so you know damn well they are buying into him and got his back.

With that being said Ces suposssedly has flu like symptoms and could use a night off.  

Looks like Noah developed a blister which explains why he hit a wall in the 5th...I have full confidence in Jake tonight going at least 7 (prefer 8) and giving the pen a night off. This team os VERY VERY LIKABLE! 

Also I was pretty hard on Agon in ST...I would like my crow served fried at a Bills tailgate this fall please. 

LGM!!

Edited by Tierlifer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

What a breath of fresh air a new manager is. Prepared, diligent, intelligent and articulate. Pushing all the right buttons.

I read he asked all the vets after the late night DC game if they wanted off and all of them said absolutely not so you know damn well they are buying into him and got his back.

With that being said Ces suposssedly has flu like symptoms and could use a night off.  

Looks like Noah developed a blister which explains why he hit a wall in the 5th...I have full confidence in Jake tonight going at least 7 (prefer 8) and giving the pen a night off. This team os VERY VERY LIKABLE! 

Also I was pretty hard on Agon in ST...I would like my crow served fried at a Bills tailgate this fall please. 

LGM!!

With regard to Gonzalez, I was right there with you.   Syndergaard pitched 6 full innings; one more would have been nice, but - as you said - blisters got him.  Cespedes left 5 on base last night.  I didn't hear about his flu-like symptoms, but I agree ... let him rest and get Lagares out in CF tonight.

It definitely looks like Plawecki is Syndergaard's catcher of choice - either that, or Callaway likes him back there because Noah has the most problems holding runners.

We need a better catcher.  Teams are still stealing bases at will.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Mick closed the clubhouse until 4 this afternoon and didn't allow BP. I'm loving this guy more and more after his early choices in ST and the first series left me scratching my head.I guess Frazier found his afternoon free time well spent..his military/crew/jarhead  cut looks sharp.

My youngest son came up with "Mickeys Clubhouse" this morning. :)

That's two resilient wins. Extra innings on a cold late night game when there's a game the next night a 1000 miles away followed by the vets opting in when nobody would have faulted them for taking a night off.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

With regard to Gonzalez, I was right there with you.   Syndergaard pitched 6 full innings; one more would have been nice, but - as you said - blisters got him.  Cespedes left 5 on base last night.  I didn't hear about his flu-like symptoms, but I agree ... let him rest and get Lagares out in CF tonight.

It definitely looks like Plawecki is Syndergaard's catcher of choice - either that, or Callaway likes him back there because Noah has the most problems holding runners.

We need a better catcher.  Teams are still stealing bases at will.

Agree on catcher however that’s the one position in MLB that there is a scarcity of. Nido is the best option in the minors and been thought highly of but has been up and down as far as consistency goes. He’s here in Binghamton now and off to a decent start. Lobaton in Vegas is just a backup. Our best bet as Met fans is to pray Nido makes some noise in the minors this year. 

• Like (+1) 3