Mets fans?

Another Fan

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

****.  deGrom went into the tunnel after the 4th and Sewald is warming up.  Uh oh.

I turned on the game around the 3rd inning to check the score and they were talking up DeGrom saying he was the quiet ace compared to Harvey a few years ago and then Thor. I assumed he was having a good game but had to run out to pick up my son. When I came back it was the 5th and Sewald was in the game. Uh oh.

Hyper-extended elbow. That does not sound good.

We're barely into May. Crazy start to the season.

8 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Why does god hate the Mets...

Word on the twittersphere is it was during the AB. Hopefully not serious...

That's the most positive thing I've heard. Better on a swing than a throw IMO.  Still the right elbow from what I heard.

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

I turned on the game around the 3rd inning to check the score and they were talking up DeGrom saying he was the quiet ace compared to Harvey a few years ago and then Thor. I assumed he was having a good game but had to run out to pick up my son. When I came back it was the 5th and Sewald was in the game. Uh oh.

Hyper-extended elbow. That does not sound good.

We're barely into May. Crazy start to the season.

It varies, Duda spent 3 weeks recovering from an Hyper-extended elbow, and a few years ago JJ putz spent 5 weeks on the DL. 

I mean the only silver lining is we have Lugo in the pen that can start if needed. But, I'm most concern about this offense again. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

It varies, Duda spent 3 weeks recovering from an Hyper-extended elbow, and a few years ago JJ putz spent 5 weeks on the DL. 

I mean the only silver lining is we have Lugo in the pen that can start if needed. But, I'm most concern about this offense again. 

Did you know that about Duda and Putz off the top of your head? Regardless good info. Putz is probably the better comp since he pitched. What the heck is a hyper-extended elbow anyway? Near dislocation?

Agreed on the hitting. Cespedes is locked in but we need Bruce to go on a tear and Conforto needs to get it together too.

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

Did you know that about Duda and Putz off the top of your head? Regardless good info. Putz is probably the better comp since he pitched. What the heck is a hyper-extended elbow anyway? Near dislocation?

Agreed on the hitting. Cespedes is locked in but we need Bruce to go on a tear and Conforto needs to get it together too.

Hyper-extension is  when your elbow joint is bent beyond its normal range of motion. If it's bad it can cause ligament damage. The Yankees prospect Gleyber Torres had this injury early last year, and missed the season due to needing surgery. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

We have bottomed out. Horrible.

Lots of baseball left.  Thank God for the hot start.  Let's see what Sandy and Mick can do, here.  Get a real catcher.  Either get a real 1B or put Flores there full time.  Send Conforto back down if you have to.  And - obviously - jettison Vargas.

Who starts, though?  Harvey?  Gsellman?  Lugo?

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Lots of baseball left.  Thank God for the hot start.  Let's see what Sandy and Mick can do, here.  Get a real catcher.  Either get a real 1B or put Flores there full time.  Send Conforto back down if you have to.  And - obviously - jettison Vargas.

Harvey is now a cancer in the locker room,you can't tell me he can't be packaged in a deal for a catcher...and I am 50/50 on Callaway right now,the amount of mistakes he's making is getting up there. P.S.- No doubt Conforto needs to get together in the desert.jmo's.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have conflicting thoughts on this post, so:

Lots of baseball left.  Thank God for the hot start. 

Amen brother! Apologies if I've said this before but one of my favorite lines (paraphrasing) came from Bobby V:

"You're never as good as you look when things are going well or as bad as you look when things are going bad"  

We've seen both in the past month.

Send Conforto back down if you have to.

Didn't you have him playing no less than 155 as a must a few weeks back? Now you're willing to send him down? I disagree on this. Let him fight for his job at the MLB level with Nimmo.

And - obviously - jettison Vargas.

An understandable knee jerk reaction, but not yet. Maybe one more start or to the bullpen.

IMO Lugo is next starter up.

But again: Lots of baseball left. 

35 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I have conflicting thoughts on this post, so:

Lots of baseball left.  Thank God for the hot start. 

Amen brother! Apologies if I've said this before but one of my favorite lines (paraphrasing) came from Bobby V:

"You're never as good as you look when things are going well or as bad as you look when things are going bad"  

We've seen both in the past month.

Didn't you have him playing no less than 155 as a must a few weeks back? Now you're willing to send him down? I disagree on this. Let him fight for his job at the MLB level with Nimmo.

And - obviously - jettison Vargas.

An understandable knee jerk reaction, but not yet. Maybe one more start or to the bullpen.

IMO Lugo is next starter up.

But again: Lots of baseball left. 

Great feedback, my friend.

You are probably right about Conforto.  I do want him up all season, but I don't see any progression.  I think I need to be more patient.

Vargas - Maybe one more start.  But it's not like he's had a couple bad breaks here and there. He's been horrible.  Again ... I likely need to slow down.

I am leaning toward Lugo, but something in my gut says Gsellman.  Either way, one of the needs to be promoted.

EDIT:  Bobby V. is my favorite Met manager of all time!

Edited by Gugny

31 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

70's-Conforto missed March in the Florida...and the proof is in his swings..he was rushed back for really no reason.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Great feedback, my friend.

You are probably right about Conforto.  I do want him up all season, but I don't see any progression.  I think I need to be more patient.

Vargas - Maybe one more start.  But it's not like he's had a couple bad breaks here and there. He's been horrible.  Again ... I likely need to slow down.

I am leaning toward Lugo, but something in my gut says Gsellman.  Either way, one of the needs to be promoted.

EDIT:  Bobby V. is my favorite Met manager of all time!

Love the back and forth with you and others on this group. Nice to exchange thoughts about the Mets without unnecessary vitriol.

I'm not prone to extremes but Bobby V was the best in-game manager we've ever had. He was a brilliant baseball mind. Just wasn't a people person.

And by the way I had to hold back in your MVP thread when Crankee fans were congratulating Clemens for the Piazza beaning. I was at the game the next night and no joke incited a  "Hit him in the head" chant when Jeter led off the game. Not my proudest moment but I felt better after seeing the crap posted in your MVP thread,

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting take by Chris Russo earlier this afternoon...he said the organization is afraid to release Harvey because of possible future succes. Pirates were brought up as a taker.My thought would be package a deal in exchange for Diaz?

Also..deGrom will toss a few this afternoon,still a possibility he will miss the next start in cincinnati...Oswalt would be brought up to take his start of he can't go.

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Love the back and forth with you and others on this group. Nice to exchange thoughts about the Mets without unnecessary vitriol.

I'm not prone to extremes but Bobby V was the best in-game manager we've ever had. He was a brilliant baseball mind. Just wasn't a people person.

And by the way I had to hold back in your MVP thread when Crankee fans were congratulating Clemens for the Piazza beaning. I was at the game the next night and no joke incited a  "Hit him in the head" chant when Jeter led off the game. Not my proudest moment but I felt better after seeing the crap posted in your MVP thread,

He was my favorite too. I always liked his style even if it rubbed others the wrong way...

Just now, SmokinES3 said:

Alderson said "It was a long time coming." 

...No ****

Hey Sandy ... so was a third basemen.  We're still waiting for a first baseman and a catcher.

Is "Long Time Coming," Alderson's middle name, or what??

We've got 17 !@#$ing outfielders, two starters who are worth a ****, no 1B and no C.

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hey Sandy ... so was a third basemen.  We're still waiting for a first baseman and a catcher.

Is "Long Time Coming," Alderson's middle name, or what??

We've got 17 !@#$ing outfielders, two starters who are worth a ****, no 1B and no C.

It's true. The catcher especially. You can't have a bottom third of a lineup that is 3 automatic outs... 

Edited by SmokinES3

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Why not try to trade him?

They might be trying.  I looked up the DFA rules:  "Within seven days of the transaction (it was previously 10 days), the player must either be traded, released or placed on irrevocable outright waivers."

32 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Alderson said "It was a long time coming." 

...No ****

Wow. So it is done then ,the drama queen was proabably pissed because he didn't a new deal over the winter.Screw him...it was getting bad a month ago...

Mick said he feels like they failed Harvey.I'm guessing/speculating Harvey has a problem with alcohol...I won't remember him being the "Dark Night",but will remember him being boo'd yesterday afternoon..which is a shame. The Dream Wheeler is on the bump tonight,that's what I will focus on tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

If he gets traded can he still refuse a minor league assignment? That could be a deal breaker.

I see your point. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Gotta send Conforto down.  

A week overdue imo.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Gotta send Conforto down.  

30 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

A week overdue imo.

I'm not with you guys on this one. Didn't we do that last year with him? If I remember correctly it worked, but at some point you have to put on your big boy pants and work through a slump at the major league level. And who would we bring up? Would you rather have that guy off the bench instead of Conforto? I don' t pay much attention to the minors so that could change my mind.

12 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not with you guys on this one. Didn't we do that last year with him? If I remember correctly it worked, but at some point you have to put on your big boy pants and work through a slump at the major league level. And who would we bring up? Would you rather have that guy off the bench instead of Conforto? I don' t pay much attention to the minors so that could change my mind.

Bring up the lumberjack Borenstein...he plays the corners.Anyway...I'm sticking to my guns on Conforto,he missed 95 % of grapefruit play and it's showing.

There is no way to top this...good ole Mick made it public deGrom will pitch on Monday but he won't swing the bat.Unreal! With no catcher worthy of taking the field and announcing to the world your starter will just stand at the plate leaves 7 sticks to semi worry about.This guy is a head case...

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

The one positive was at least Matz looked good tonight.  That's about all right now

Yep.  And that is a very big positive.