Mets fans?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Thanks for posting, gave me a chance to hear the hour plus that I missed. Thoughts on each:

VW: I liked his comment that he wouldn't have taken the job if it was a rebuild. He's looking to win now. Polar opposite of Sandy's patient approach, but of course he's benefitting from Sandy's patience.

Mickeys Clubhouse: a few times he mentioned making sure players were comfortable where they were playing and batting. Bunch of wishy-washy BS imo. Not a fan of him.

Coupon: best comment he made was about needing to change the fans perception of management/ownership's commitment to winning. Said he brought in VW to address that. Great, now open up the purse strings.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking that's how VW got the job.  He's giving the perception of a type-A personality who will win at all costs.  I do think the Wilpons don't like the perception they have amongst Mets fans and to some extent that bothers them.  However, like you say see what happens. 

I mean I'm happy VW wants to spend but hopefully he does it wisely

• Like (+1) 1

So Noah’s name has been floating around now possibly with the Yankees.  I know his durability is questionable but I wouldn’t trade him.  

Speaking of durability Noah is like 6’7” and has about 2% body fat.  Yet durability is an issue.  I wonder sometimes if these guys get too buff.  I mean compare someone like Ron Guidry to Thor 

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

So Noah’s name has been floating around now possibly with the Yankees.  I know his durability is questionable but I wouldn’t trade him.  

Speaking of durability Noah is like 6’7” and has about 2% body fat.  Yet durability is an issue.  I wonder sometimes if these guys get too buff.  I mean compare someone like Ron Guidry to Thor 

A smooth delivery was a good thing for Boomer Wells and Buehrle

9 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Fun fact that I may have mentioned before: the Mets and Yankees almost traded Joe Torre for Ron Guidry when Guidry was still a minor leaguer. Torre may have been a player/manager at the time, not sure. The deal broke down when the Yankees insisted on Otto Velez instead of Guidry.

Thor to the Yankees would  be an abomination. Speculation is the Mets would get Realmuto and Miguel Andujar in the deal. Probably a good baseball deal especially if you expect Thor to breakdown, but there's no way I could stomach Noah in pinstripes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

More possible team(s) in the mix.  Looks like we're determined to ship Thor out in order to get Realmuto.

https://www.nj.com/sports/2018/12/mlb-rumors-yankees-mets-marlins-talk-noah-syndergard-jt-realmuto-blockbuster-what-it-means.html

#Mets have discussed three-team trades with multiple teams trying to get Realmuto, at this point to no avail. Framework of one proposal, per sources: Realmuto-plus to #Mets, Syndergaard to #Padres, young players to #Marlins. Not close. Just one of many ideas kicked around.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm with Ronnie...less stress for a high stress guy. pitching 7th and 8th innings instead of being the close the door stud.Have faith.

Going into the off season the bullpen consisted of Gsellman, Lugo maybe Zamora and a bunch of BP pitchers. I don't see any way that the addition of Familia and the best closer in 2018 doesn't significantly improve a big weakness. I'm not sold on Zamora yet and would still like to add a lefty reliever. But the other added bonus is we may be able to move Lugo into the rotation where I think he belongs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Gotta hand it to VW - he has been methodical and decisive addressing the bullpen and catcher.  Went hard after Realmuto but took an alternate route when the price was too high. 

Hopefully now we are done with the Syndagaard rumors.

I'm really not very happy about this.  Ramos has never come close to playing a full season.  That's been our problem with catchers for years ... especially with d'Arnaud.  I would have rather traded Thor for Realmuto and more.

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm really not very happy about this.  Ramos has never come close to playing a full season.  That's been our problem with catchers for years ... especially with d'Arnaud.  I would have rather traded Thor for Realmuto and more.

I don't like the idea of giving up NS.  Ramos will be fine, it is a good pickup.  Our bullpen is bolstered, the young guns remain intact, we will see how this plays out in April but life is good if your a Mets fan right now.  Best offseason in years.  

Just now, Gordio said:

I don't like the idea of giving up NS.  Ramos will be fine, it is a good pickup.  Our bullpen is bolstered, the young guns remain intact, we will see how this plays out in April but life is good if your a Mets fan right now.  Best offseason in years.  

I cannot, and will not, disagree with anything you said.

I was hoping for a bigger upgrade at catcher, but yes .... this is better than trading Thor for Realmuto.

Overall, I'm very happy with the offseason, thus far.

On 12/17/2018 at 2:12 PM, Gordio said:

I'm with you on Noah..when I heard about him being part of a Realmuto deal,first thing I thought of was taking from Peter and giving to Paul.I'm good with Ramos as well...just give me .270 ish is all I ask and be solid defensively.

P.S.- His nickname is Buffalo!!!!!!

Edited by Misterbluesky

17 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Our buddy Brodie was in on Joe and Evan's WFAN show this morning.  If anyone wants to listen here is:

Looks like Brian Williams.From the side,he's the Beane Counter.I'm not sure what I think of this guy ..snake oil sales-ish?

Edited by Misterbluesky