Mets fans?

Another Fan

16 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Oh, HELL NO! No amount of waterboarding could ever...

It's more like many Jets/Eagles fans did with Rich Kotite. Unfortunately, our imbecile is higher on the food chain.

I grew up in NJ and sort of always felt bad for Kotite during those days and the abuse the fans gave him.  Of course its easier me not being a Jets fan but can you imagine what those fans would do to Nathan Peterman?

And yeah Kotite discovered and gave the franchise Chrebet.  Looks like "the imbecile" has no plans of anything home grown

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Jeff above in that clip.  Have to see it before I can believe it.

I make a lot of speech errors and get names mixed up as well but Angel Pagan!  

That was my takeaway wrt to the Jeff clip as well. Talk is cheap....which is appropriate for the Wilpons.

I like what VW Bug  had to say about Noah, especially since the stated goal is to compete/win next year

Fun radio stuff. WFAN radio ranges from highly entertaining and/or informative to a complete waste of time.

This morning was highly entertaining. Wish I had a link, but they had an audio clip of someone's interview where Bryce Harper was asked who he idolized growing up. His answer was Robinson Cano and they ran with it.

Tomorrow starting at 4 PM VW Bug, Mickeys Clubhouse and Jeff Coupon will be on for awhile with Francesa. I don't expect that to go well for The Three Stooges.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

That was my takeaway wrt to the Jeff clip as well. Talk is cheap....which is appropriate for the Wilpons.

I like what VW Bug  had to say about Noah, especially since the stated goal is to compete/win next year

Fun radio stuff. WFAN radio ranges from highly entertaining and/or informative to a complete waste of time.

This morning was highly entertaining. Wish I had a link, but they had an audio clip of someone's interview where Bryce Harper was asked who he idolized growing up. His answer was Robinson Cano and they ran with it.

Tomorrow starting at 4 PM VW Bug, Mickeys Clubhouse and Jeff Coupon will be on for awhile with Francesa. I don't expect that to go well for The Three Stooges.

Imagine if Mike is on they pitched their starter three innings mode!  Don’t care for Francesa(find him too arrogant) but that day he make me laugh 

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Imagine if Mike is on they pitched their starter three innings mode!  Don’t care for Francesa(find him too arrogant) but that day he make me laugh 

No doubt Francesa is highly arrogant. He's an absolute @ss to the majority of his call-ins.    

Bobby V always held his own with Mike and the Mad Dog but I don't expect tomorrow to go well. Hopefully we get the good Mike tomorrow where he presses them without turning it into a poop show.

Looks like VW will keep the next few weeks interesting. 

“[Realmuto is] an attractive player to the Marlins, first and foremost, and I'm sure he'd be attractive to every other club out there,” Van Wagenen said last month. “That type of player — an impact player offensively and defensively — we will be looking to explore all avenues to acquire those types of players, be it free agency or a trade.”

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/j-t-realmuto-mets-marlins-1.24225435 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

So I read Brandon was Santa Claus this year. Um going back to Anna Benson hasn’t that always been something of a curse ?

At any rate I really hope Van Wagenen doesn’t trade him this offseason 

He's fun to watch, for sure.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:17 PM, SinceThe70s said:

I caught the end of it when I got out of work.  It at least seemed civilized.  I still take everything they say with a grain of salt.  VW also told fans to trust the process.  It seems though he very much wants to win now and is willing to double down in doing so

Edited by Another Fan

10 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I caught the end of it when I got out of work.  It at least seemed civilized.  I still take everything they say with a grain of salt.  VW also told fans to trust the process.  It seems though he very much wants to win now and is willing to double down in doing so

Yeah, I caught about a half-hour of it and Francesa was very well-behaved. Totally agree with the grain of salt, but they made it sound like they want Alonso to be part of the plan.

53 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah, I caught about a half-hour of it and Francesa was very well-behaved. Totally agree with the grain of salt, but they made it sound like they want Alonso to be part of the plan.

So this is my theory on how VW got the job.  I do think the Wilpons are aware of their image among guys like us as being cheap and not caring about winning.  I think they are hoping VW changes this perception.  Of course time will tell on a lot of things but I’ll give VW a shot. 

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

If any of you guys want to watch this it's the interview with the big 3:

Thanks for posting, gave me a chance to hear the hour plus that I missed. Thoughts on each:

VW: I liked his comment that he wouldn't have taken the job if it was a rebuild. He's looking to win now. Polar opposite of Sandy's patient approach, but of course he's benefitting from Sandy's patience.

Mickeys Clubhouse: a few times he mentioned making sure players were comfortable where they were playing and batting. Bunch of wishy-washy BS imo. Not a fan of him.

Coupon: best comment he made was about needing to change the fans perception of management/ownership's commitment to winning. Said he brought in VW to address that. Great, now open up the purse strings.

• Like (+1) 1